Shocker Tick Figures

RockthePlank

I dont follow shocker toys much, but I see that they've got a Barry "Tick" available to buy for a SDCC exclusive and I was wondering who, if anyone, was going to buy this. I am not much of a fan of all their of figures for this independent line, but I love the Tick, and since I don't plan on getting the mail away Arthur, I was thinking Barry would make a good addition. I am a little weary though since what I've heard about Shocker has been less then positive. Anyone else going to gamble and get this figure? Here is a link:

http://www.shockertoys.com/res/barrytickex.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

to the tc all i can say to you is i was extremely weary of shocker toys myself.. if you follow some of the threads and talk about them alot of negative stuff is floating around. i took a chance and ordered a maxx figure from the first wave of indie spotlight from their website. all i can say is postive things about the transaction. i didn't order him until i saw him in-stock, but it only took a few days to arrive from purchase. it wasn't a perfect figure but for a new company doing a figure no one else cares about anymore i gotta say it might be worth a try for you.

to the tc all i can say to you is i was extremely weary of shocker toys myself.. if you follow some of the threads and talk about them alot of negative stuff is floating around. i took a chance and ordered a maxx figure from the first wave of indie spotlight from their website. all i can say is postive things about the transaction. i didn't order him until i saw him in-stock, but it only took a few days to arrive from purchase. it wasn't a perfect figure but for a new company doing a figure no one else cares about anymore i gotta say it might be worth a try for you.

Hey Everyone,

I wanted these but felt they were a bit out of my range. When I was at Apple Con this past fall, I made a deal with one of the head people who was manning the shocker booth for a Maxx for $15 that was packaged without one of th Iz's. I also picked up a Shadowhawk for 7.50 at dealer. The figures rely on alot of ball joints for movement. They're not as articulated as Marvel Legends but they are still very compatible.

If I see a Tick for under 20.00 I would get it. I remember there being some Golden Age figures including the Phantom that I would be interested in as well as a dick tracy in Yellow trenchcoat.

regards

Joshua

I am definetly going to try and get a Barry tick, also that Muckis Tick. I'm kind of tempted to get the entire wave just for the Arthur figure.

I pre-ordered from Shocker toys but they no longer do international shipping, so I got stiffed out of getting the con exclusives. Hopefully they show up at the Toronto Comic con in August.

Im willing to give these a chance, loved the series(both of em!).

Finally! decent sized figures...

These were scheduled to be available at SDCC & to come out right after comic-con but according to Shocker Toys, the factory producing these went out of business or something to that effect, so now series two won't be out till sometime this fall. Sounds like BS to me......

• Like 1

These were scheduled to be available at SDCC & to come out right after comic-con but according to Shocker Toys, the factory producing these went out of business or something to that effect, so now series two won't be out till sometime this fall. Sounds like BS to me......

Same old Shocker different day. I did talk to them at their booth, but really its the same story they gave on wave 1 with a new spin on it. Im not saying its not true, but man what a dissapointment that these were not available at con. Really these shouldnt have been advertised as being at con when they obviously had to know they wouldnt be available.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an e-mail from shocker toys yeserday:

Dear Valued Customer,

I wanted to write to you today to address the delays we have had in getting our exclusive products into your hands (summer exclusives, mucus tick). Due to issues with customs our products have been delayed, but know full well that we have started up a new production and these products will be getting to you in the coming weeks.

As you know, as a smaller company we tend to hit more bumps in the road than the bigger toy manufacturers. We want to give you the best product possible and we are doing everything within our power to get it to you as fast as possible. I express my deepest apologies for these delays, but we promise it will be well worth the wait

Dear Valued Customer,

I wanted to write to you today to address the delays we have had in getting our exclusive products into your hands (summer exclusives, mucus tick). Due to issues with customs our products have been delayed, but know full well that we have started up a new production and these products will be getting to you in the coming weeks.

As you know, as a smaller company we tend to hit more bumps in the road than the bigger toy manufacturers. We want to give you the best product possible and we are doing everything within our power to get it to you as fast as possible. I express my deepest apologies for these delays, but we promise it will be well worth the wait

What did you order, Drexl? Dang, and I was thinking about buying a Hunter Rose Grendel. Maybe I'll just wait a few more weeks and see how everything shakes out with Shocker Toys...

PharmV

Dear Valued Customer,

What did you order, Drexl? Dang, and I was thinking about buying a Hunter Rose Grendel. Maybe I'll just wait a few more weeks and see how everything shakes out with Shocker Toys...

PharmV

See this is why I have been weary about placing an order with then, the figures have a high price point IMO, which is understandable since they aren't made in huge quantities, but I don't want to lose my money. I just feel like if I buy it before they have it, there is a greater chance of maybe my order getting lost with them and not being shipped or I may forget about it, plus there isn't a solid date as to when we will have these, so until I start hearing about people having it in hand, I will need to wait. I'll pass on the mucus Tick, but I really want that Barry!

Dear Valued Customer,

PharmV

I ordered the Barry Tick, HR Grendel, Mukus Tick, and Garret Blue beetle, but they refunded my order because of them "not filling international orders" at the time. My order was cancelled & refunded about a month ago, which makes it pretty weird that I'd recieve this e-mail. I know now that they are back shipping orders to Canada but now I'm a little skeptical on placing another order.

The Shocker figures have a slightly higher price point but still reasonable to me. Considering DCUC is $19.99 Canadian and their Maxx figure was $20US. I don't think they are too expensive.

If you really like the figure then pre-order it. Small companies really need the money to get into production. I'm not too interested in the Indie Spotlight but I did order 2 Mallows from Shocker TOys and hope will be getting them soon.