Mortal Kombat 9 trailer

spystreak

here's the trailer:

I like the fatality Kung-Lao's fatality at the end hahaha can't wait even though it's most likely a Reboot. gah I'm sick off em already stupid reboots

The graphics dont look so good for a game nowadays...

I agree, when watching the trailer, I feel its going to be an XBLA/PSN title, not a full standalone one. Heres hoping it gets mad polished. It doesnt even look like they are using normal maps which is pretty much standard for todays games. I am still excited about this game however it feels like its less of a reboot and more of a remake of MK2. Thats all well and good but why not just further the story? or make an all new one? just keep similarities.. This just feels like they redid some stuff but made the game 3d with 2d playstyle and new fatals but same backgrounds as mk2. They should do what capcom did with street fighter, its not a reboot or a remake, it retains alot of what the super turbo had but created a new look and feel as well as adding alot of new additions and characters.

agreed they seem alot less dynamic than the ones from Deception which is 4 years older on a last generation console I'm not very happy with the graphics but none the less will probably buy it when it's on sale

agreed they seem alot less dynamic than the ones from Deception which is 4 years older on a last generation console I'm not very happy with the graphics but none the less will probably buy it when it's on sale

I have watched a bit more about this game and Im thinking it looks and sounds alot cooler than first anticipated. It seems they are doing with what worked in the beginning and kind of doing an homage to the fans of MK1-3. There are some nice new additions to the game as well.

This was a good watch for me:

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266626/

sorry i dont think gamespot allows to post the video so i just left the link. the embed code isnt working on here.

I can't wait for it, I've played MK off and on over the years, owned a few of them, I've still got the DC vs MK for the 360 (what a weird match up) and despite it being a little on the weak side, I side like to throw down on that with my fiance' (she loves being Wonder Woman) Can't wait for the new title, it looks like it's bringing an edge back that we've been missing...

Ive owned every iteration of MK over the years and will continue to til they end the series. However Ive noticed an interesting theme with them over the past few years.. Since you mention MK vs DC and how odd of a match up it is it made me think about this. Why the hell would they do a VS game with such an odd and not exactly fitting setting. MK needs more of a serious, less comicy/cartoony, more violent side to go up against. DC is too light hearted and didnt really mesh well. It basically took away what really makes mortal kombat and what it stands for: BLOOD AND VIOLENCE. I, overall enjoyed MK vs DC for what it was but to be honest its probably my second least favorite MK..

I just went on a tangent and strayed away from my original point. Basically MKs choice to do a VS and to go up against a comic company was just them trying to make a success out of what CAPCOM has done for the past 10 years with their vs Marvel series'. Unfortunately for MK, capcom and marvels characters and universes blend so well its like peanut butter to jelly. It just works. And MK has honestly been struggling for sometime now in their popularity dept. MKvDC didnt strengthen that at all. So they have tried a new approach, or rather a borrowed one. Street Fighter had a recent 'reboot' kind of approach that gave it a new art style and went into 3d characters in a 2d plane and has had an extreme success with it. Its no coincidence that MK is suddenly doing this 'reboot' going back to the roots of 3d with 2d gameplay mechanic. I do believe this is the best approach as well as finally bringing it back to mature rating and going all gory on it. It just better be as gory if not more than Deception was.

END RANT. :D

Ive owned every iteration of MK over the years and will continue to til they end the series. However Ive noticed an interesting theme with them over the past few years.. Since you mention MK vs DC and how odd of a match up it is it made me think about this. Why the hell would they do a VS game with such an odd and not exactly fitting setting. MK needs more of a serious, less comicy/cartoony, more violent side to go up against. DC is too light hearted and didnt really mesh well. It basically took away what really makes mortal kombat and what it stands for: BLOOD AND VIOLENCE. I, overall enjoyed MK vs DC for what it was but to be honest its probably my second least favorite MK..

I just went on a tangent and strayed away from my original point. Basically MKs choice to do a VS and to go up against a comic company was just them trying to make a success out of what CAPCOM has done for the past 10 years with their vs Marvel series'. Unfortunately for MK, capcom and marvels characters and universes blend so well its like peanut butter to jelly. It just works. And MK has honestly been struggling for sometime now in their popularity dept. MKvDC didnt strengthen that at all. So they have tried a new approach, or rather a borrowed one. Street Fighter had a recent 'reboot' kind of approach that gave it a new art style and went into 3d characters in a 2d plane and has had an extreme success with it. Its no coincidence that MK is suddenly doing this 'reboot' going back to the roots of 3d with 2d gameplay mechanic. I do believe this is the best approach as well as finally bringing it back to mature rating and going all gory on it. It just better be as gory if not more than Deception was.

you my friend are a true MK fan

you my friend are a true MK fan

Haha that I am sir, that I am... Im also a very passionate fighting game fanatic.