Indiana Jones Temple of Doom figures question???

I am not a huge Indy fan, I like the movies and I want figures based on the movies. Of course like most people I missed the Temple of Doom sets because of Hasbro's mistake and producing them on the tail-end of the line and stores were stuck with tons of Mutt figures. I remember they were going for a pretty decent amount from the retailers who did get them and the one shown on ebay...........occasionally I go looking for them to see if I can score a deal, well I was blown away on ebay with how cheap they are.

Can someone explain why the figures are so cheap, like 10-12 figures loose for 1 cent. What did I miss and can anyone explain when and how did people get all these TOD figures and when did they become so cheap???

They're loose, often incomplete or with mixed up accessories. Like most items from the Chinese sellers, they seem to be either factory castoffs / defects or perhaps midnight specials.

That is what I figured as well, but there seems to be a significant amount of American sellers who are selling them the same way. I just bought a Mola Ram and Giant Thuggee from an American seller real cheap, it seems these are going for only a dollar or two more than the American versions.

This is my concern/question.............I was under the impression that Hasbro didn't produce that many figures and they either stopped production of TOD figures so that they weren't produced in the same numbers as the current movie and ROTLA.

This is my concern/question.............I was under the impression that Hasbro didn't produce that many figures and they either stopped production of TOD figures so that they weren't produced in the same numbers as the current movie and ROTLA.

Well, I can't say for certain obviously, but I doubt Hasbro had the molds destroyed, so it's entirely possible some workers are cranking out a few on the sly to sell. Much like the 'mystery run' of gold pimp Destros that showed up.

I had to find most of the TOD figures I got at Downtown Disney.I'm still missing two of them.I'

m hoping on seeing if they have any left when I hit Botcon in a few weeks

Man, they are super cheap on ebay. I am going to get a set. I bought a few really cheap from a US seller, but will get the rest from a good Chinese seller............unless you need MOC.

Well, I can't say for certain obviously, but I doubt Hasbro had the molds destroyed, so it's entirely possible some workers are cranking out a few on the sly to sell. Much like the 'mystery run' of gold pimp Destros that showed up.

It is a mystery. I thought maybe it would of been a buzz about it on the forums as I don't really come into the IJ forums so I figured I was late into what was going on. I think it's a steal. I want a few figures from a couple of the movies, this way I can get them without breaking the bank. Of course Raiders is touted as the favorite of the movies but us casual fans like the magical, over the top aspects of TOD.

I had to find most of the TOD figures I got at Downtown Disney.I'm still missing two of them.I'

Man, they are super cheap on ebay. I am going to get a set. I bought a few really cheap from a US seller, but will get the rest from a good Chinese seller............unless you need MOC.

It doesn't matter to me but thanks I will look

It doesn't matter to me but thanks I will look

All man check it out, I mean a whole set of figures for like 13.00

check these out

http://cgi.ebay.com/10pcs-Indiana-Jones-Action-Figure-Figures-Set-Toy-S1598-/260617899041?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cae098c21

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lots-indiana-jones-10-PCS-action-Figure-set-A06-/290444015090?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439fcff5f2

Most of these features all or most of the pieces which is cool. I used to avoid Chinese sellers but I have recently made some purchases and all were on the up and up.

I had all the TOD wave carded except the smaller Guard, but have sold them all off except Mola Ram. I may pick up a set this way if the price is right and they're complete (esp. Mola, who was the main one I wanted in that wave).

I had all the TOD wave carded except the smaller Guard, but have sold them all off except Mola Ram. I may pick up a set this way if the price is right and they're complete (esp. Mola, who was the main one I wanted in that wave).

I think its a good way to go. I know when I get paid this Thursday I am going to get a set. I do watch eachg auction to make sure Mola Ram is complete, he is important to me as well.

Question: were there two Mola Rams, one with and one without headgear?? I know some auctions have him with or without his headgear.

I got mine from Krogers which is a grocery store.October of 2008 I had a hunch and went to a Kroger after I got off work sure enough I scored all of them for 6.99 a peice.This was after the Stormtrooper commander BS that Gamestop did.Not a bad trade off.

I got mine from Krogers which is a grocery store.October of 2008 I had a hunch and went to a Kroger after I got off work sure enough I scored all of them for 6.99 a peice.This was after the Stormtrooper commander BS that Gamestop did.Not a bad trade off.

L U C K Y

they never made their way to Philly

Yep, Kroger was where I found mine as well.

There's only one version of Mola Ram that I know of - should have the headgear, dagger, drinking skull, flaming heart, and sash as far as I recall. I'll double check when I get home.

Yep, Kroger was where I found mine as well.

There's only one version of Mola Ram that I know of - should have the headgear, dagger, drinking skull, flaming heart, and sash as far as I recall. I'll double check when I get home.

Your right it does

Eh.I love the movie and did think Mola Ram was a worthy foe but I still lean to the Nazis because the were the ultimate bad guy you want to see get theirs

LOL, don't laugh but I never really saw ROTLA.........I only have seen bits and pieces.

I have my figures and I must say they are really nice. The temple guard is a lot larger than I thought he would be

Eh.I love the movie and did think Mola Ram was a worthy foe but I still lean to the Nazis because the were the ultimate bad guy you want to see get theirs

LOL, don't laugh but I never really saw ROTLA.........I only have seen bits and pieces.

I have my figures and I must say they are really nice. The temple guard is a lot larger than I thought he would be

Wow really?

I'm the same way with the origional Beverly Hills cop

I have seen the sequels but only bits and peices of the origional movie

Wow really?

I'm the same way with the origional Beverly Hills cop

I have seen the sequels but only bits and peices of the origional movie

Yeah man, only in bits and pieces. One day I will see it all, I want to see that guy who has blood coming out his mouth, to see what happens. I loved all the other movies......the Crystal Skull was ok, but lacked the magic of the first ones of course.