Brightest Day (Spoilers)

synch

Anyone else reading this series ?.. I am enjoying the heck out of it & looking forward to seeing more of deadman as a white lantern

nope....pass on anything gl reltaed right now....dc over saturated that market.

but ... but ... its white lantern!!!!!!!!!!!!! also aquaman & firestorm & the hawks ect! @loll@ If you hate it now wait till the movie hits :S

You should pass on it because you read the books and found them lacking, not because of some asinine rationalization like that. Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps have been blessed with amazing creative teams. If you love comics, how can you deny the amazing art of Ivan Reis, Doug Mahnke, and Patrick Gleason?! Never mind Geoff Johns, Dave Gibbons, and Peter Tomasi on the writing.

I'm reading it and finding it to be much more enjoyable than the cross-over tripe because it doesn't read like The Cliff's Notes version of something larger. I also really dig the cast of characters. Plus all the creative teams are rock solid.

Hopefully it holds together, and the person who is able to lift the White Lantern isn't a dope. :)

• Like 2

You should pass on it because you read the books and found them lacking, not because of some asinine rationalization like that. Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps have been blessed with amazing creative teams. If you love comics, how can you deny the amazing art of Ivan Reis, Doug Mahnke, and Patrick Gleason?! Never mind Geoff Johns, Dave Gibbons, and Peter Tomasi on the writing.

I'm reading it and finding it to be much more enjoyable than the cross-over tripe because it doesn't read like The Cliff's Notes version of something larger. I also really dig the cast of characters. Plus all the creative teams are rock solid.

Hopefully it holds together, and the person who is able to lift the White Lantern isn't a dope. smile.gif

Completely agree, this is one great comic book, I dropped a couple of Marvel Books just to follow this one biweekly. The story is gonna be spread into something like 28 issues so of course it's gonna take a while for the story to build but there's so much potential in it. My favorite so far is the Aquaman/Mera corner I'm so curious to see what happens next. Green Lantern saturating the market???? As opposed to Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman becoming the Deadpool, Spider-Man and Wolverine of the DC universe and appearing in almost every book.

• Like 1

Completely agree, this is one great comic book, I dropped a couple of Marvel Books just to follow this one biweekly. The story is gonna be spread into something like 28 issues so of course it's gonna take a while for the story to build but there's so much potential in it. My favorite so far is the Aquaman/Mera corner I'm so curious to see what happens next. Green Lantern saturating the market???? As opposed to Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman becoming the Deadpool, Spider-Man and Wolverine of the DC universe and appearing in almost every book.

I'm actually enjoying it all really. I went in for the Patrick Gleason Martian Manhunter bits, but ended up enjoying them all. Especially digging the Hawkman stuff. Always loved that character and Geoff Johns seems hell bent on writing him well starting with Endless Flight.

I bought the zero issue on a whim, and even that wasn't indicative of how the actual mini-series would turn out. Color me impressed.

I think its pretty clear that boston brand will hold the white lantern since the creature(what do we call them?..) has taken interest in him!

I'm reading it, but I'm not really digging it. I think Johns will pull it all together neatly but so far it just isn't going anywhere.

At least you are giving it a shot :) You say its not going any place but the comic is not even really started yet! I think its doing a fantastic job of story telling with all the different characters my self :)

Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps have been blessed with amazing creative teams. how can you deny the amazing art of Ivan Reis, Doug Mahnke, and Patrick Gleason?! Never mind Geoff Johns, Dave Gibbons, and Peter Tomasi on the writing.

I don't see how any one can argue with the above :D They seem like great guys in person too I've met everyone ... I think Ivan reis I'm not sure about though if I have or not ...

I think its pretty clear that boston brand will hold the white lantern since the creature(what do we call them?..) has taken interest in him!

Call me crazy, but I'm hoping he goes back to the way he was before the end of Blackest Night. Avoiding spoilers. Otherwise it makes it's namesake useless. Y'know? :P

I don't see how any one can argue with the above :D They seem like great guys in person too I've met everyone ... I think Ivan reis I'm not sure about though if I have or not ...

I'd love to meet and get sketches from Mahnke and Gleason. Reis too, but if I'm not mistaken he's not a US citizen so it would be hard to nail him down. Always good to meet your funnybook heroes. Waited three hours in line to meet Alan Davis two years ago.

I'm reading it, but I'm not really digging it. I think Johns will pull it all together neatly but so far it just isn't going anywhere.

At least you are giving it a shot :) You say its not going any place but the comic is not even really started yet! I think its doing a fantastic job of story telling with all the different characters my self :)

I don't see it doing any storytelling. Three issues in we know barely anything more than we started with. I think the breakup of the various storylines is what's annoying me.

That and some history revisions, and Johns relying on gore a little too much still.

It's not bad, it just hasn't really grabbed me yet.

I don't see it doing any storytelling. Three issues in we know barely anything more than we started with. I think the breakup of the various storylines is what's annoying me.

That and some history revisions, and Johns relying on gore a little too much still.

This is what kills me with comic readers these days.

Three issues out of 26-28 total issues. Really?

That's like judging a 120 minute long movie based off of the first 15 minutes.

I'll give you revisionist history, but that's the nature of corporate comics and Johns M.O. 60-40 year old characters need to be dusted off and examined anew to keep them relevant to modern readers. I think the gore may be more a result of Peter Tomasi who skews that way in most of his comics that I've read.

That is funny its the splitting up of the stories that I find I'm enjoying most! I feel like I'm reading a bunch of different books all in one! Yet you know at some point they are all going to join up!

Completely agree, this is one great comic book, I dropped a couple of Marvel Books just to follow this one biweekly. The story is gonna be spread into something like 28 issues so of course

Has the count really been confirmed ?.. Was kind of hoping this was going to be an ongoing ...

can't believe we are talking about comics on this board.........COOL!

I am behind on Brightest day, but I did buy the latest editions, it doesn't seem to go anywhere but time will tell. Let's hope it isn't the stinker Countdown turned out to be...........I can still smell the FUNK

• Like 1

I'm on the fence on this comic. I figured I'd give this series a chance and commit to 6 issues and see if I like it. Here's how I rank the stories (SPOILER WARNING! SPOILER WARNING!):

1. Aquaman/Mera - I find his new undead summoning ability very intriguing

2. Deadman - I like the irony of Boston Brand being forced to be the avatar for life after being dead for so long

3. Firestorm - a bit too teen-angsty for me (although understandable)

4. Hawkman/Hawkgirl - I don't really know anything about the villain, so I don't understand his motivation to go to Hawkworld

5. Martian Manhunter - not too interested in reading about his desire to rebuild Mars or the serial killer Martian monster

PharmV

I'm on the fence on this comic. I figured I'd give this series a chance and commit to 6 issues and see if I like it. Here's how I rank the stories (SPOILER WARNING! SPOILER WARNING!):

1. Aquaman/Mera - I find his new undead summoning ability very intriguing

2. Deadman - I like the irony of Boston Brand being forced to be the avatar for life after being dead for so long

3. Firestorm - a bit too teen-angsty for me (although understandable)

4. Hawkman/Hawkgirl - I don't really know anything about the villain, so I don't understand his motivation to go to Hawkworld

5. Martian Manhunter - not too interested in reading about his desire to rebuild Mars or the serial killer Martian monster

PharmV

I agree with you about the Martian Manhunter every time his story pops on the issue kind of drags on, but that's just me, I'm sure people out there enjoy the character and his story. The Firestorm thing has me kind of curious plus Ronnie's back and that's the Firestorm I remember from the old cartoon I still remember the episode he was introduced. I also agree with Superpowers it's good every once in a while to talk about comics.

Just scored #3 variant cover on ebay :)

apr100138d.jpg

These are so much better than the scary thing that survived the 90's covers that have been standard. I wish it were a 50/50 print run, because I really can't abide David Finch's art (it's like that movie Splice, but using Marc Silvestri and Jim Lee DNA to create the monster for the film); but I'm not going to break the bank to avoid it. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Yeah it is annoying when you can't buy you're fave cover with out a mark up... they got some insane ratios these days for the poor lcs owners :( 1:100 covers ect!

I hate multiple covers. It's the main reason I don't buy many modern comics. They're expensive enough for just one copy without appealing to the completist in me, or reminding me that there's a cooler cover I can't have. It's the same damn book on the inside, just print one cover and get on with it. That sh!t really annoyed me when I was still buyng Hulk. The stories for the most part were weak. But the art was great, so, whatever, I'll try to still get each new issue. But then they start doing two, three covers for every single issue... and I wanted to have a complete run, so it's aggravating to know you're missing these multiple covers that you don't really like the idea of in the first place. So I said eff it. I didn't care to read about Red Hulk every month, anyway. I will say though that I like it when they issue the book with both covers, just one placed over the other as a double cover. That way, if you want to buy them both to display both covers or whatever, you can, but if you buy just one copy you still have both of the covers.

These days they release all the multiple covers in the hardcover collection or if they have enough multiple covers the covers get there own book so if you really want a certain cover just for the art I'd advise just waiting & getting one of those :) heck you wait long enough for the hype to die down you can find the variant covers cheap enough in the bargain bins! Lets try to keep this topic on track with the actual comic though eh @smilepunch@ @loll@

DC Comics

(W) Geoff Johns & Peter J. Tomasi

(A) Ivan Reis, Pat Gleason, Ardian Syaf, Scott Clark & Joe Prado

Covers by David Finch

1:25 variant covers by Ivan Reis & Oclair Albert

If this is the Brightest Day then what is Black Lantern Firestorm doing on the cover?

FC $2.99

Item Code: APR100139

96318_273575_1.jpg

#4 is out this Wednesday

Hopefully it holds together, and the person who is able to lift the White Lantern isn't a dope. :)

ok blackest night sucked....too long and boring and to many tie ins.....worst event ive read in awhile....there good enough for you?

oh and the movie splice sucked too