"New" Bizarro on ebay

Da Top Cat

Was looking around one of those sellers with Wave 14 and found what I think is the first good look at that Bizarro on the back of the Dynamic Duo box set. Dunno what the "Secret Origins" refers to.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Bizarro-Superman-Secret-Origins-presale-/350365046574?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519362572e

Looks like this sample ended up with Superman's cape, which leaves two gaps where his normal cape would fit. Not sure if this is an error or if he'll actually come like that.

Was looking around one of those sellers with Wave 14 and found what I think is the first good look at that Bizarro on the back of the Dynamic Duo box set. Dunno what the "Secret Origins" refers to.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Bizarro-Superman-Secret-Origins-presale-/350365046574?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519362572e

Looks like this sample ended up with Superman's cape, which leaves two gaps where his normal cape would fit. Not sure if this is an error or if he'll actually come like that.

Looks bland,but great

Sidd that there are gaps esp how the the other versions do not have it

Yeesh! I keep hoping Bizarro will get revisited but I think I'm going to have to keep hoping for another visit!

I'm not crazy about the green coloring and I've never been crazy about that face.

Are those still the legs from the DCSH figure or did they give this guy the Cyborg Superman treatment?

I really wish they would retire that sculpt of Bizarro. He is too hulking and that finger that sticks out is awful. I was never for the disfigured version of Bizarro. Yes the face should be chalk white with cracks and his hair frizzy but the disfured body version never appealed to me. Mattel is missing an opportunity to create a truly stellar Bizarro. He should have a menacing face with dark rings under his eyes and a regular body.

Mattel is missing an opportunity to create a truly stellar Bizarro.

How can they have missed what they've already accomplished? Heaven forbid a figure sculpt portray/express a character accurately. His hand sculpts are the icing on the disturbing cake.

A classic Bizarro could be fun, but would inevitably get knocked for being a Superman head swap.

I wouldn't knock it. That's exactly what I want.

I'm conflicted really.

I fancy myself a Bizarro fan; but I have to admit modern Bizarro owes a lot to Dini/Timm's influence on the character in the comics.

Prior to that my fan status was a result of Alex Toth's Bizarro design for Superfriends.

I recall old appearances in Superman / Worlds Finest comics I inherited from my step brothers in the late 70's; but I feel the cartoons really helped influence the character as we know him today.

How can they have missed what they've already accomplished? Heaven forbid a figure sculpt portray/express a character accurately. His hand sculpts are the icing on the disturbing cake.

A classic Bizarro could be fun, but would inevitably get knocked for being a Superman head swap.

No, they did miss it. He has a hulking body, he looks like a gorilla.........this was done in reflection of the STAS cartoon. The hands were sculpted very nice, just don't like the one with the finger sticking up....it's ugly and offsetting just like the MOTUC figures with the thumb sticking up when they hold things. "heaven forbid"..............well think about it Mr. Drama biggrin.gif ...he isn't mostly shown in this form.

No, they did miss it. He has a hulking body, he looks like a gorilla.........this was done in reflection of the STAS cartoon. The hands were sculpted very nice, just don't like the one with the finger sticking up....it's ugly and offsetting just like the MOTUC figures with the thumb sticking up when they hold things. "heaven forbid"..............well think about it Mr. Drama biggrin.gif ...he isn't mostly shown in this form.

I first knew Bizarro from the superfriends cartoons, and didn´t like the look. I thought He was from another dimension, a bad copy of superman. But then I understood the nature of the character thanks to the STAS, and to me, that´s how Bizarro should look. I dig the horsemen style, the brute look of bizarro, which I like, but he does need to be revisited, mixing the the superfriends version and the STAS version.

Gorilla? Really?

Get off the Internet and head to a zoo. I won't spoil it for you. :P

Gorilla? Really?

Get off the Internet and head to a zoo. I won't spoil it for you. tongue.gif

Ok smarty pants!!!

review_dcsh2_3.jpg

Look at how ridiculous the upper body is in porportion with his lower....like a gorilla. The cape is too big and the finger holding the car piece is slightly sticking out. I am glad there is sooooo much love DCSH Bizarro but I would rather have a standard body, normal torn cape and different hand. The color scheme, even the head is fine with me.

You all can love the twisted version from STAS but I prefer the LOD version. He was mean and not nearly as silly as the original.

• Like 1

Gorilla? Really?

Get off the Internet and head to a zoo. I won't spoil it for you. tongue.gif

Ok smarty pants!!!

review_dcsh2_3.jpg

Look at how ridiculous the upper body is in porportion with his lower....like a gorilla. The cape is too big and the finger holding the car piece is slightly sticking out. I am glad there is sooooo much love DCSH Bizarro but I would rather have a standard body, normal torn cape and different hand. The color scheme, even the head is fine with me.

You all can love the twisted version from STAS but I prefer the LOD version. He was mean and not nearly as silly as the original.

I will not...i repeat...will not replace that Bizarro!

• Like 1

Gorilla? Really?

Get off the Internet and head to a zoo. I won't spoil it for you. :P

hehe

• Like 1

I love the Bizaro fig!! The only thing id like to see fixed is the wide leg stance.

Draven

Yup he seems to be the popular one, looks like I am the minority here...............well alright then....lol

I would LOVE a LOD Bizarro based on the Superman buck. The DCSH one is cool but he would be moved from my LOD shelf to the Supes rogue shelf when(if) we get a more LODesque Bizarro.