Does anyone think Mattel will do a Doomsday BAF?

DZA

Doomsday wasn't really a character, it was a device.

For all intents and purposes, Doomsday was a "flyswatter".

Yea, a flyswatter.

You might be puzzled by that, but think about it.......what is a flyswatter?

Its a device designed to kill flies.

That's all it does.

Doomsday was a story device designed to kill Superman......that is all it was intended to do--ergo, Doomsday is a flyswatter.

Anything else they have added to the character was tacked on after the fact.

I agree that it was a total throwaway character. They may have just as well dropped a piano on Superman's head to kill him, for all the "character" Doomsday had.

With this analogy I can add that we're not really people.

We're consumers.

Hasbro and Mattel have designed us to buy toys in mass year after year.

We're consumers.

No.

Human psychology and consumer behavior is more complex than that.

Doomsday however is not.

You fail at faux profoundness!

Doomsday wasn't really a character, it was a device.

For all intents and purposes, Doomsday was a "flyswatter".

Yea, a flyswatter.

You might be puzzled by that, but think about it.......what is a flyswatter?

Its a device designed to kill flies.

That's all it does.

Doomsday was a story device designed to kill Superman......that is all it was intended to do--ergo, Doomsday is a flyswatter.

Anything else they have added to the character was tacked on after the fact.

I agree that it was a total throwaway character. They may have just as well dropped a piano on Superman's head to kill him, for all the "character" Doomsday had.

We're consumers.

Uhh, Hasbro and Mattel have designed US????

I think a lot of parents will be quite displeased to learn about this.....

Companies in power started sculpting children to give them endless funds in the early 1980's when they bought out our government and had the law overturned that previously did not allow companies to market directly to children. The following ironic steps then followed...

U.S. Military helps fund television programming directly marketed towards children in order for them to be more accepting of the military and perhaps will be more likely to join when they are of age.

Toy and Television show uses slogan "a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world."

Some years later a real terrorist organization attacks our country.

Toy and Television show then refrains from using the word "terrorist" in their slogan.

Companies in power started sculpting children to give them endless funds in the early 1980's when they bought out our government and had the law overturned that previously did not allow companies to market directly to children. The following ironic steps then followed...

U.S. Military helps fund television programming directly marketed towards children in order for them to be more accepting of the military and perhaps will be more likely to join when they are of age.

Toy and Television show uses slogan "a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world."

Some years later a real terrorist organization attacks our country.

Toy and Television show then refrains from using the word "terrorist" in their slogan.

Uh........to my knowledge the US military has NEVER directly funded an animated TV series aimed at children--there have been very few military themed animated series to begin with. The various GIJOE series were not funded by the military, I can tell you that.

As for the refraining the use of the word "terrorist"--that's plain and simply a marketing decision intended to address the sensitivity of the real-world topic and still keep the toy and cartoon product viable in the market.

Like it or not, war toys do not sell well during times of actual war, and more than a few parents are skittish about buying their kids war-themed toys when real people are fighting and dying in a real war. So brands like GIJOE tend to minimize or eliminate the terrorist aspects to respect that issue.

all the lantern corps are army builders really ... Someone said something about the antimoniter is he getting a figure?! I've been enjoying his character in the GL books & even more so in the recent brightest days @loll@

all the lantern corps are army builders really ... Someone said something about the antimoniter is he getting a figure?! I've been enjoying his character in the GL books & even more so in the recent brightest days @loll@

I have trouble wrapping my head around army building at $15 a pop, and considering I can still find Wave 7 sitting on shelves here there's no hope for a slashed prices army builder. @grumpy@

I have trouble wrapping my head around army building at $15 a pop, and considering I can still find Wave 7 sitting on shelves here there's no hope for a slashed prices army builder. @grumpy@

Yeah, I agree with this.. $15 is a lot in this economy to expect people to "army build"..

Hey everyone,

I'm am amazed that noone has mentioned a Manhunter baf, I think it's a given. Especially due to GL movie as well as the target 3pack that's coming out. I bet this will come out as a baf before any of the suggestions above.

Again, take this as the unconfirmed rumor that it is, but when the GL Classics line was listed at various etailers for a day or so before being pulled it mentioned two 'army builder' figures. Speculation is Manhunter robots as the army builders.

That is a better idea than having a manhunter as a BAF. They aren't big enough to warrant a BAF spot and like it was mentioned they make fodder for army builders. Price is a problem though.