New Voltron Cartoon And A Toyline Coming From Mattel

Wheeljack35

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=15956

New Voltron Cartoon And A Toyline Coming From Mattel

by JayC

It's the 80's all over again it seems. In recent weeks we have heard of news of many classic 80's brands such as Thundercats and Power Rangers returning to the air waves with new shows and toy lines, not to mention new series for both Transformers and G.I.Joe brands that will be airing this year on the Hasbro/Discovery.

Well now it seems another classic 80's brand is set to return with Voltron: Defender of the Universe. World Event Productions and Classic Media are looking to bring back Voltron, and expose it to a new generation of fans. Starting next year a new series which is being called "Voltron Force" will air on Nicktoons with 26 half-hour episodes. According to reports, the new series plans to stay faithful to the original show, while introducing new recruits to fight alongside the original characters. The new shows release is going to correspond to the 25th anniversary of Voltron.

Like with Thundercats which will have a new series air on Cartoon Network and a new toyline from Bandai, Voltron will also be seeing a new toyline tie-in with this new series. The new Voltron toyline will be done by Mattel, who will be making toys based on the classic "Voltron" characters as well as more edgier modernized robots. No release date for the toyline has been released yet.

so bandai gets thundercats and mattel gets voltron. hrm. you'd wonder if it was switched around.

XD oh but this is great. first thundercats and now voltron. this is....fantastic year for 80's revival.

A new Speed Racer is also in the works.

Another one?

Yep, another animated series. Its just starting pre-production now in Vancouver, and I believe its a next-generation type of premise.

I have feelers into the producer to see if I'm going to be working on it or not.

Another one?

Yep, another animated series. Its just starting pre-production now in Vancouver, and I believe its a next-generation type of premise.

I have feelers into the producer to see if I'm going to be working on it or not.

the is one on now that airs on Nickelodeon about Speed Racers son

Another one?

It might be another season of that show then, I really do not know. I've no info about it other than the title of it and a rumour about the premise, so it could be anything.

Another one?

How many do they have to do with a continuating of SR? Not counting the '90s japanese remake that airred on Nickelodeon a few years ago, their has been two Speed Racer cartoons that stars Speed's son.

The first one was about Speed Racer's daughter and so. This cartoon was primarly shown online and was to promote new figs made by Art Asylum. A 2nd continuation of the series was made. Even though this cartoon wasn't related to the previous continuation, the series focused on Speed Racer's son; it was basically a reboot of the previous continuation. I bet this new series is another reboot with a new son or daughter.

There were two?

I only know of the one where they are at a race car college{real far fetched in that) and Spridle is an older man who possibly in his late 40's early 50's and Speeds son has a freind who dresses like the original Speed Racer and they drive a horrible looking Mach 6 after they crashed and destroyed the original Mach 5 in an accident

...and today I confirmed that the same studio handling Speed Racer is also handling Voltron ( learned about this a couple months ago via rumour), and I MIGHT have a shot at storyboarding on either ( residency requirements, though).

We'll see though. Both would be fun to do, but I think the Speed Racer stuff would be easier to draw.

...and today I confirmed that the same studio handling Speed Racer is also handling Voltron ( learned about this a couple months ago via rumour), and I MIGHT have a shot at storyboarding on either ( residency requirements, though).

We'll see though. Both would be fun to do, but I think the Speed Racer stuff would be easier to draw.

That is freaking sweet... When will you know you onboard?...

Probably within a week or two..........or a few months, if they wait until they are in a crunch........or never. LOL!

Probably within a week or two..........or a few months, if they wait until they are in a crunch........or never. LOL!

Thats fracking sweet

• 4 months later...