So when do we start speculating about wave 16?

RecklessEndangerment

Who is Elasti-Girl I never hear of her before? Samething for Warlord or Mercury.

Who is Elasti-Girl I never hear of her before? Samething for Warlord or Mercury.

Elasti-girl is a member of the Doom Patrol, Mercury is one of the Metal Men, and Warlord(Travis Morgan) is a sword and sorcerer character that has been around since the 70's.

I'd be up for an Elasti Girl BAF!! Since we have Robot Man and Negative Man out!! All we need is the Chief and Mento to complete the original line up!!!

I wonder if we would ever get a Chief???

When I read Mercury for some strange reason it didn't dawn on me as the Metal Men....I was thinking of Max Mercury...the Flash like character.

Known as Quicksilver in the Golden-Age...

I'd be up for an Elasti Girl BAF!! Since we have Robot Man and Negative Man out!! All we need is the Chief and Mento to complete the original line up!!!

I wonder if we would ever get a Chief???

We can only hope!

When I read Mercury for some strange reason it didn't dawn on me as the Metal Men....I was thinking of Max Mercury...the Flash like character.

Know as Quicksilver in the Golden-Age...

thanks for the info Aquaman

I believe the first list is probably more accurate. One of the guys (retailer) over at CM has stated that this will be a six figure wave, so...

GOOD NEWS, I couldn't be anymore sick of all these 7 to 8 figure waves, it was overkill especially with these increasing prices. I wish they had stayed with the five figure waves and maybe one variant, and only if it called for the variant. Ex. Martian Manhunter SHOULD NOT BE A VARIANT....he should be able to swap heads.

I believe the first list is probably more accurate. One of the guys (retailer) over at CM has stated that this will be a six figure wave, so...

GOOD NEWS, I couldn't be anymore sick of all these 7 to 8 figure waves, it was overkill especially with these increasing prices. I wish they had stayed with the five figure waves and maybe one variant, and only if it called for the variant. Ex. Martian Manhunter SHOULD NOT BE A VARIANT....he should be able to swap heads.

There will be people who say, "Well, I appreciate having an additional body to display Martian Manhunter with both his more human likeness and his true martian features, and I don't mind paying for it twice to do so." And if they feel that way about it, that's valid. But I doubt there are really THAT many MM fans out there that will actually do that to warrant making us all buy the base body twice if we want the the other head.

I do agree with the sentiment. I've stated before I think its a waste when they do things like that, as well as insulting to us, the consumers who support this product.

From their perspective, though, its a perfect opportunity to make us purchase a product twice. Long desired core character, everyone who collects this line is chomping at the bit to finally add him to their Super Powers collection and various Justice League incarnations... c'mon, how would they not try to bend us all over a table over this one.

And I will even give them the benefit of the doubt and speculate that it is due to safety concerns... perhaps in light of their very serious problems in recent years with products deemed unsafe, Mattel seems to be going all out with those bizzare warning stickers all over DCUC packaging. Instead of packaging the heads as swappable parts, they fasten each head on securely and make you buy the figure twice if you want both. Is it because they have to cover their bases for these things to bw sold at retail? Maybe. But its strange when you compare them to much smaller figures whose heads aren't fastened anywhere near as securely as DCUC heads are, and those figures are probably being consumed by children much more often then DCUC are. Lines like Star Wars, Marvel Universe and GI Joe don't have as many warnings plastered all over the packaging as DCUC product does, and those heads will pop off if you look at them wrong. It is even more bizarre when you consider that DCUC is supposed to be intended for the "Adult Collector", a crowd that you would think would no longer be idly placing action figure heads in their mouths. Unless you got a thing about buying expensive chew toys. In that case, do as you will, but it seems a little silly.

It's too far long into production at this point for them to have a change of heart and say, "Golly, the fans are right, by gum, we shouldn't try to bilk another $15-$20 out of them and make twice as many Martian Manhunter bodies as we really need. Let's start over and just include the extra MM head as an accessory, the way we do with MOTUC." We all now that sh!t ain't gonna happen, even if it should, so there's no need to go on and on about it.

c'mon, how would they not try to bend us all over a table over this one.

Funny

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the WORST of that cultural black hole known as the comic books of the 90's...

20tfk2x.jpg

Azrael as Batman from the Knight Fall story line.

Good Lord! What a monstrosity! What are those tumors speckled all over where his ribs should be?

And why would Batman go into action with a small TV hanging around his neck? This HAS to be among the ugliest, most offensive costume in the history of clothed human beings!

I wish I was blind right now.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the WORST of that cultural black hole known as the comic books of the 90's...

20tfk2x.jpg

Azrael as Batman from the Knight Fall story line.

Good Lord! What a monstrosity! What are those tumors speckled all over where his ribs should be?

And why would Batman go into action with a small TV hanging around his neck? This HAS to be among the ugliest, most offensive costume in the history of clothed human beings!

I wish I was blind right now.

You think there might be an uglier or more offensive costume among the history of clothed beings from other parts of the galaxy? I mean, why limit the hyperbole to humans, this is comics we're talking about, after all.

Since SDCC is just days away, will we see a brand new wave then??? I hope so!! And I do hope Dick Grayson Robin is in the set!!!

And if the info is legit and waves are going back to six, then hopefully 2 whole sets will b able to be made from one case!!!! Here's hoping!!!

Since SDCC is just days away, will we see a brand new wave then??? I hope so!! And I do hope Dick Grayson Robin is in the set!!!

And if the info is legit and waves are going back to six, then hopefully 2 whole sets will b able to be made from one case!!!! Here's hoping!!!

DCU cases have 10 figures...unless that changes, you still won't get two sets per case. Honestly, I'd be fine with just one complete set per case, instead of the split in two waves we've been getting.

There is now another rumored list making the rounds.

Robin (Dick Grayson)

Aquaman (hook hand, beard)

Vixen

Mercury

Warlord (helmet not removable, sword is)

Sandman (JSA original)

Scarecrow or Poison Ivy

Collect and connect Elasti-Girl

This hypothetical wave sounds great too. I'm not sure which one I prefer. Probably the first just for Creeper, but I'd really love a bearded Aquaman, Ivy, and Elasti-Girl.

Damn, that group would be bad as hell, too. Hook hand Aquaman is my favorite incarnation of the character (although the characterization on Batman Brave and the Bold is great, too). It'd be nice to have Elasti-Girl (and Mento) to round out the Doom Patrol. I'd rather have Ivy than Scarecrow, since we haven't gotten a version of her at all yet.

Since when did bearded Aquaman become so popular? I have never heard anyone say that liked that version, especially with the hook hand.

He was a more interesting character in that era, better than some boring idiot in an orange shirt. That's supposed to be gold but had to be orange because of the original coloring limitations in comics. Other people must've thought so too, since that's the version they modeled the JLU Aquaman after.

Edit: I originally described Aquaman as a "smiling idiot", but I've decided to change it to boring idiot, since I am actually very fond of several idiotically smiling characters in comics such as Plastic Man, Captain Marvel and Alfred E. Neumanbiggrin.gif .

• Like 1

Bearded Aquaman irked me if only because there's so much cybernetic gear laying around the DCU and instead of getting a prosthetic hand he sticks a hook on the stump?!

Come on dude!

An otherwise okay re-design marred by EXTREEEEEEEEME 90's mental deficiency.

Also it seemed a little lame after Byrne made Namor a savage badass a few years earlier:

55922740036.34.GIF

Aqua Lobo?!

Seriously though, I loved the early Jae Lee art on that book.

Bearded Aquaman irked me if only because there's so much cybernetic gear laying around the DCU and instead of getting a prosthetic hand he sticks a hook on the stump?!

Come on dude!

An otherwise okay re-design marred by EXTREEEEEEEEME 90's mental deficiency.

Also it seemed a little lame after Byrne made Namor a savage badass a few years earlier:

55922740036.34.GIF

Aqua Lobo?!

Seriously though, I loved the early Jae Lee art on that book.

XD I probably think the Brave and the Bold version is actually the most likeable Aquaman. It's a great combination of the traditional iconic look and a Marvel Hercules style gregariousness. I think it works very well for the character and gives him much more personality than he ever had in the comics. As a more serious, Posideon like character, the 90's version is good too, if only becuase it's fun to say,"Arrrrr, I'm Aquaman, with a hook for a hand", and it rhymes a little.

Blackest Night made me like Mera more than I've ever liked Aquaman, though. Now that's a DCUC figure I'd REALLY like to have... mainly because it would be too difficult to make a decent custom with all of the chainmail lol.

Since when did bearded Aquaman become so popular? I have never heard anyone say that liked that version, especially with the hook hand.

That's always been my favorite design for the character, probably because that's the only time I ever really read comics featuring him. Obviously classic Aquaman is the most iconic version of the character, so I'm glad they went with that one first. But if we can get Aquaman in a costume he wore for four issues in the 80s, we can get bearded Aquaman.

And yeah, Mera would be great too.

XD I probably think the Brave and the Bold version is actually the most likeable Aquaman. It's a great combination of the traditional iconic look and a Marvel Hercules style gregariousness. I think it works very well for the character and gives him much more personality than he ever had in the comics. As a more serious, Posideon like character, the 90's version is good too, if only becuase it's fun to say,"Arrrrr, I'm Aquaman, with a hook for a hand", and it rhymes a little.

Definitely agree on B&tB Aquaman. Helps that he's voiced by Bender.

Outside of that, my other favorite Aquaman moments are from the Superman animated series where he was regal and bad ass (Namor-esque dare I say), and in The New Frontier where Darwyn Cooke gave us a two page spread that more than adequately demonstrated what a credible thread a guy who can communicate with sea life could be.

All I ask, is that you go to Titans Tower and borrow a cybernetic hand from Cyborg. I'm sure he's got drawers full of them. :P

He was a more interesting character in that era, better than some boring idiot in an orange shirt. That's supposed to be gold but had to be orange because of the original coloring limitations in comics. Other people must've thought so too, since that's the version they modeled the JLU Aquaman after.

Edit: I originally described Aquaman as a "smiling idiot", but I've decided to change it to boring idiot, since I am actually very fond of several idiotically smiling characters in comics such as Plastic Man, Captain Marvel and Alfred E. Neumanbiggrin.gif .

Are you saying that the costume he wore reflected his attitude differently? I just don't know, I read mostly Aquaman with the hook hand but I just don't like the look of it. It's just that my exposure was that everyone hated the hook handed version. Either way Aquaman is one of those characters who could be really good but writers are so focused on other characters that he gets ignored. It was always a pleasure to read a good story that showcases how powerful he truly is and when they actually take the time to develop his character.

Definitely agree on B&tB Aquaman. Helps that he's voiced by Bender.

Outside of that, my other favorite Aquaman moments are from the Superman animated series where he was regal and bad ass (Namor-esque dare I say), and in The New Frontier where Darwyn Cooke gave us a two page spread that more than adequately demonstrated what a credible thread a guy who can communicate with sea life could be.

All I ask, is that you go to Titans Tower and borrow a cybernetic hand from Cyborg. I'm sure he's got drawers full of them. :P

Classic Aquaman was pretty badass in the Justice mini-series too. "What chance did you ever have against me?"

Also, the hook wasn't completely useless:

1128_aquaman17.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what he's doing with it there, but it looks nifty.