Aquaman TV show Pilot

Superpowers1980

If you dislike someone's point of view, see if you can change it through discussion. After all this is a discussion board. Anonymously sniping each other is just silly.

Here's to hoping Xorr's ban is only temporary. Maybe it's just one curmudgeon looking after another, but I originally disagreed with him; and after several exchanges we seemed to get on well enough. Shame nobody else was willing to put forth that effort.

The effort was put forth.

He just wasn't biting, he was more interested in dictating.

I guess the posters that have a long tenure here learn when to bend, and he never seemed to pick that up.

You certainly tried, telling him he could make his superhero film with a limited budget as long as he had the creativity.

He responded by saying you live in a fantasy world and insulted your life's work.

But I'm sure Van Flyheit will just file that under you being a "6-year-old d-bag."

• Like 1

Xorr has been assaulting almost everyone's pov since he got here.

He is a cancer that we've finally been cured of.

Has Xorr really been banned?

That's too bad. I liked him... and he was very often right!

He was never right but only in his deluded mind. All he did was filabuster on every topic and devalued anything past what he saw as canon and important. He never discussed, he downplayed and defended his own brand of nonsense. Seriously, how could he not understand that the show was about the orgin of Aquaman and not his time as a super hero?...........with all that said I still can't believe he was banned.

• Like 4

Xorr said things like "Liberalism is a disease. Literally." which I think insulted everyone not named Viper Hunter, and once called SP a "communist" for not liking the Captain America costume.

I hope those two don't fall into the "often right" category.

• Like 2

He was never right but only in his deluded mind. All he did was filabuster on every topic and devalued anything past what he saw as canon and important. He never discussed, he downplayed and defended his own brand of nonsense. Seriously, how could he not understand that the show was about the orgin of Aquaman and not his time as a super hero?...........with all that said I still can't believe he was banned.

What a great comment SP. Here we have a member who admitted he didn't even watch the video and all he could complain about was that he didn't see the costume. It would have took all of two minutes on Google to figure out this was a "Smallville"-type show. Even in the land of the God Jewel I doubt heroes are born with their costumes on.

Now look at this thread. Ganesha, Card, MasterJailer and a few others believe they shouldn't alter costumes for the screen. Fine. It has been respectfully debated.

Go back to that DC Movie thread and tell me if the same thing happened there.

Oh wait, you can't. Because a loud mouthed know-it-all spent a day arguing about making a proper movie provided he had a James Cameron budget and a mod tore it down.

Guess who that was.

What a great comment SP. Here we have a member who admitted he didn't even watch the video and all he could complain about was that he didn't see the costume. It would have took all of two minutes on Google to figure out this was a "Smallville"-type show. Even in the land of the God Jewel I doubt heroes are born with their costumes on.

Now look at this thread. Ganesha, Card, MasterJailer and a few others believe they shouldn't alter costumes for the screen. Fine. It has been respectfully debated.

Oh wait, you can't. Because a loud mouthed know-it-all spent a day arguing about making a proper movie provided he had a James Cameron budget and a mod tore it down.

Guess who that was.

Yeah man, these guys are acting as if you could get some decent conversation and discussion with him. If you had an opposing view you can forget it. Then with NewGuy backing him up, there was no chance. Seriously, he didn't even need two minutes to google to figure it out, it needed to minutes of actually watching to figure it out.

• Like 2

Guess who that was.

Yeah man, these guys are acting as if you could get some decent conversation and discussion with him. If you had an opposing view you can forget it. Then with NewGuy backing him up, there was no chance. Seriously, he didn't even need two minutes to google to figure it out, it needed to minutes of actually watching to figure it out.

Both sides of this costume debate have legitimate points. Perhaps when it comes up again we can bring those points to the forefront.

All you people defending The God Jewel, your only case for defending him is you agreed with him. That doesn't make him right and it doesn't make his behavior acceptable. There's a lot of people I agree with here but that doesn't make them or their behavior right either.

Anyway I hope we can move on from this because crying over spilt milk is a waste of time. I haven't gone through the entire Aquaman pilot yet but I can tell enough that it would have been just like Smallville. And Smallville was so inconsistent that I stopped watching it years ago.

Both sides of this costume debate have legitimate points. Perhaps when it comes up again we can bring those points to the forefront.

All you people defending The God Jewel, your only case for defending him is you agreed with him. That doesn't make him right and it doesn't make his behavior acceptable. There's a lot of people I agree with here but that doesn't make them or their behavior right either.

Anyway I hope we can move on from this because crying over spilt milk is a waste of time. I haven't gone through the entire Aquaman pilot yet but I can tell enough that it would have been just like Smallville. And Smallville was so inconsistent that I stopped watching it years ago.

I think Aquaman had the potential beyond Smallville because much of Aquaman's story hasn't been told in the comics. Smallville is taking wayyyyy to many liberties with its overall concept and like you I couldn't stand it years ago either and stopped...I mean is he still unsure of himself, is he still dopey and not wearing glasses so he is aged enough to look exactly like Superman? They could of done a lot to detailing the origins of Atlantis, and what happened eons ago, it would of been nice...or at least had the potential to be awesome.

• Like 1

I think Aquaman had the potential beyond Smallville because much of Aquaman's story hasn't been told in the comics. Smallville is taking wayyyyy to many liberties with its overall concept and like you I couldn't stand it years ago either and stopped...I mean is he still unsure of himself, is he still dopey and not wearing glasses so he is aged enough to look exactly like Superman? They could of done a lot to detailing the origins of Atlantis, and what happened eons ago, it would of been nice...or at least had the potential to be awesome.

And I thought you were gonna get mad at me for ripping Superman, lol.

I stopped watching when they brought in Kara. Just horrible.

Michael Rosenbaum leaving was a key factor as well. He was the only one with any talent.

Dude, he pretended he knew EVERYTHING and when he was challenged he got nasty.

Eh, everybody has a tendency to do that. Passively or aggressively. It's common message board behavior, everybody tends to be more than a bit sanctimonious when posting. Being able to pick up on who's kidding is the key.

Just because we read modern comics and enjoy modern comic movies does not make use all "drooling fan boys".

I had a discussion about Modern Comics with Xorr and Master Jailer IIRC, and while I don't believe I changed their minds at the end; I did come to see their point from their perspective of the hobby.

Well, let's not waste any more space on off topic discussion.

For the people talking about him "bending" or not, you mean bending OVER, right? Since when is defending yourself from some 6 year-old douchebags calling you a tool unwarranted?

If you think that it means "bend over", you've clearly been mis-reading these forums, posters and discussions wrong for some time.

It means bending, and in bending with the wind OR being flexible.

Yea, flexible........as it knowing when to shut up, concede, disengage, back down, let lay, let go, walk away, and unclench.

Xorr didn't do that, didn't know how.

He got horribly defensive when he was called out on things; such as his claims about being able to "do stuff", and responded to people by insulting them. A poseur like is going to be mocked.

Having a contrary opinion isn't about lording over the other person--its about knowing when to be graceful with it.

Xorr didn't understand that.

He directed uncalled-for shots at others and simply wouldn't let go--frankly these forums don't need posters like that.

And I thought you were gonna get mad at me for ripping Superman, lol.

I stopped watching when they brought in Kara. Just horrible.

Michael Rosenbaum leaving was a key factor as well. He was the only one with any talent.

I love the character but don't like everything done in the name of the character. To tell you the truth, I couldn't even last long enough for Kara, I had been left. Periodically, I would hear things and it would leave me baffled....like Green Arrow, the mini Justice League they had going on, it was all too much, then came Doomsday and Kara........I was lost with it all.

• Like 1

I really thought he would have made a much better Aquaman, but he was already Green Arrow in my mind and it was hard for me to get over that. At least they didn't use the guy from Smallville. Then again, I'm sure it wasn't his fault that he had such cheesy surfer dialogue.

Xorr said things like "Liberalism is a disease. Literally." which I think insulted everyone not named Viper Hunter, and once called SP a "communist" for not liking the Captain America costume.

They do. He got a raw deal.

• Like 1

Dude, he pretended he knew EVERYTHING and when he was challenged he got nasty.

Eh, everybody has a tendency to do that. Passively or aggressively. It's common message board behavior, everybody tends to be more than a bit sanctimonious when posting. Being able to pick up on who's kidding is the key.

Just because we read modern comics and enjoy modern comic movies does not make use all "drooling fan boys".

I had a discussion about Modern Comics with Xorr and Master Jailer IIRC, and while I don't believe I changed their minds at the end; I did come to see their point from their perspective of the hobby.

Well, let's not waste any more space on off topic discussion.

Ganesha, we are all guilty of getting testy. Every now and then. But being combative every time you come to post is not good.

I see your point about the costume business. I disagree with it but I don't degrade it. That's the difference. Xorr degraded everyone who disagreed with him.

Telling people they're wrong because their opinion is different than yours is wrong. End of issue.

Coming from someone who told me I have no business talking about comic book movies because-of all things-buccaneer boots I'm not surprised that you're as intolerant as he is.

Coming from someone who told me I have no business talking about comic book movies because-of all things-buccaneer boots I'm not surprised that you're as intolerant as he is.

You said it so I don't have to.

Xorr failed to realize that most comic fans and toy collectors are on the far left to start with. Anyone who doesn't figure that one out right away has to be a plain fool. Grown men spending their time buying and talking about toys doesn't exactly fall in line with conservative fundamentals. That is like trying to join a group that doesn't want you.

Xorr failed to realize that most comic fans and toy collectors are on the far left to start with. Anyone who doesn't figure that one out right away has to be a plain fool. Grown men spending their time buying and talking about toys doesn't exactly fall in line with conservative fundamentals. That is like trying to join a group that doesn't want you.

Speaking of trolls...

I'm more or less conservative, as are a few others in this forum. But you keep with that theory and see where it goes.

I singled that comment out to show off the ridiculous things he was saying.

Heh, if the political persuasions of toy collectors were as you stated, then why are ALL the topics in the politics and religion forum here nothing but conservative rants?

Me thinks you are not fully paying attention....

I thought I was conservative until I came on this board.......lol

Where is your proof? I want to see numbers before you make a statment like that.Most toy collectors I know aren't on the far left

IF ANY of you here want to make this about politics you can post this argument in the Politics Forum