Aquaman TV show Pilot

Superpowers1980

I'll said it before i'll say it The costumes as we know them don't work filmed in the real world

No matter your argument you cannot change that

Say What???

so Spiderman's costume didn't look great in his 3 movies? Sandman didn't look amazing? Ironman doesn't look fantastic? Superman doesn't look sweet?? Hulk (Incredible Hulk version) didn't look badass? Hellboy and all his pals weren't cool? The Watchmen didn't look great?

I think you are 100% wrong. The costumes do work in the movies! The ONLY costumes that suck are the ones that they change!

Bullseye sucked, Green Goblin sucked, all the X-men sucked, Daredevil sucked, Dr.Doom sucked, Magneto sucked, Mystique sucked, Juggernaut sucked, Abomination sucked.. etc

I said it before and I will say it again. The ONLY way a comic book movie can work is if they embrace the fact that it is a comic book movie! Superheroes do wear costumes, and they need to do so in movies or tv shows based on them. And the closer to the comic book, the better.

I'll said it before i'll say it The costumes as we know them don't work filmed in the real world

Say What???

so Spiderman's costume didn't look great in his 3 movies? Sandman didn't look amazing? Ironman doesn't look fantastic? Superman doesn't look sweet?? Hulk (Incredible Hulk version) didn't look badass? Hellboy and all his pals weren't cool? The Watchmen didn't look great?

I think you are 100% wrong. The costumes do work in the movies! The ONLY costumes that suck are the ones that they change!

Bullseye sucked, Green Goblin sucked, all the X-men sucked, Daredevil sucked, Dr.Doom sucked, Magneto sucked, Mystique sucked, Juggernaut sucked, Abomination sucked.. etc

I actually liked Dr Doom from the movies, he wasn't too bad and I also didn't mind Juggernaut. All the rest you mentioned were altogether terrible.

Personally, I think an amalgam would be nice, a complete gelling of costumes movie versions and comic versions. Seriously I can't imgaine this looking good on the screen, but hey you never know until you try.

0210_x-menanimated.jpg

• Like 1

STC wrote:

haha. This guy's answers are awesome. What a tool.

If you have a problem with my posts, then don't read them, moron. rolleyes.gif

how about trying not to be a tool

How re. tard. ed are you people? Seriously. You come on a comic/toy board and start bashing a guy for posting an opinion that is clearly shared by around half the fans, on this board or otherwise. Seriously, I've never seen a bigger bunch of fucktards than some of the people on comic/toy forums. Your parent should have been sterilized at birth.

• Like 2

STC wrote:

How re. tard. ed are you people? Seriously. You come on a comic/toy board and start bashing a guy for posting an opinion that is clearly shared by around half the fans, on this board or otherwise. Seriously, I've never seen a bigger bunch of fucktards than some of the people on comic/toy forums. Your parent should have been sterilized at birth.

Xorr has written gaming stories, doncha know? :rolleyes:

That makes him expert on everything. @smilepunch@ @loll@

STC wrote:

Xorr has been assaulting almost everyone's pov since he got here.

He is a cancer that we've finally been cured of.

• Like 1

He got banned?? You're kidding?!!

I've had him on ignore ever since the gaming stories thing came out, so I've missed about a week of him--what was it that earned him the boot?

I've had him on ignore ever since the gaming stories thing came out, so I've missed about a week of him--what was it that earned him the boot?

Who cares. Let's talk about Mercy Reef without hearing about how it isn't really Aquaman.

Who cares. Let's talk about Mercy Reef without hearing about how it isn't really Aquaman.

And its not Patrick Duffy and Belinda Montgomery either, though she was definitely cute.

Say What???

I said it before and I will say it again. The ONLY way a comic book movie can work is if they embrace the fact that it is a comic book movie! Superheroes do wear costumes, and they need to do so in movies or tv shows based on them. And the closer to the comic book, the better.

Do you think Shazam's would work?

And its not Patrick Duffy and Belinda Montgomery either, though she was definitely cute.

Man From Atlantis? A little bit before my time.

Say What???

Clam I hate to burst your bubble but the Watchmen costumes (other than Rorschach) were pretty different from the comics. And I don't recall the Hulk wearing purple pants, which is essentially his "costume".

I think you're a little harsh on some of your criticisms, though I guess if you don't like the films you don't like em.

Also, if the Hulk looked great but Blonsky didn't, where does that fit into your "The ONLY costumes that suck are the ones that they change!" theory?

EDIT: My bad dude, that last line was bogus. I know you have this theory about movies sucking because the costumes suck. That's what I meant.

[quote name='cjflan32' date='15 June 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1276656880'

Clam I hate to burst your bubble but the Watchmen costumes (other than Rorschach) were pretty different from the comics. And I don't recall the Hulk wearing purple pants, which is essentially his "costume".

I think you're a little harsh on some of your criticisms, though I guess if you don't like the films you don't like em.

Also, if the Hulk looked great but Blonsky didn't, where does that fit into your "The ONLY costumes that suck are the ones that they change!" theory?

I admit that I was off on the watchment statement, but I meant to say that they still looked like superheroes.

And Hulk doesn't always wear purple pants bro.

As for Abomination, he looked terrible because he looked like any generic monster from a b-movie. He wasn't the Abomination.

[quote name='cjflan32' date='15 June 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1276656880'

I admit that I was off on the watchment statement, but I meant to say that they still looked like superheroes.

And Hulk doesn't always wear purple pants bro.

As for Abomination, he looked terrible because he looked like any generic monster from a b-movie. He wasn't the Abomination.

It's classic Hulk though ain't it? And it's not really a costume anyway.

I get what you're saying about some of the characters. Some are bad to begin with so they should just leave them alone or they'll make them worse, like Abomination.

I gotta say I really liked that pic of Rock as Black Adam!!! Very nice!! Any word on who they wanted as Captain Marvel??

Oh and out of all super heroes I think Captain Marvel's suit would translate well on screen!! No underwear on the outside. Rich red color. And a simple cape. Sure the lightning bolts and yellow accents are there, but they can be toned down!! I would love to see it, as long as thenmovie wasn't dumbed down!!

Yes, and I have not seen it in......since its initial run, many years ago.

I doubt it would hold up well today, but I always had the feeling there was some great concept being held back in that show.

Mercy Reef sounds like like another lip-gloss laden, faux superhero-cum teen lust drama. I'm of the mind either make it what its "supposed to be", or don't. Don't half-dance around the thing or shoe-horn the original source material into something its not, like Smallville.

BTW, with all the seasons of Smallville, and all the stories they have told--isn't the essential flaw of the series now obvious?? Clark is having all his adventures as Superman BEFORE he even becomes Superman. Its all redundant once he dons the cape.

I guess Aquaman can dodge that a bit because his stories are far less iconic.

Yes, and I have not seen it in......since its initial run, many years ago.

I doubt it would hold up well today, but I always had the feeling there was some great concept being held back in that show.

Mercy Reef sounds like like another lip-gloss laden, faux superhero-cum teen lust drama. I'm of the mind either make it what its "supposed to be", or don't. Don't half-dance around the thing or shoe-horn the original source material into something its not, like Smallville.

BTW, with all the seasons of Smallville, and all the stories they have told--isn't the essential flaw of the series now obvious?? Clark is having all his adventures as Superman BEFORE he even becomes Superman. Its all redundant once he dons the cape.

I guess Aquaman can dodge that a bit because his stories are far less iconic.

I think that was around the lates 70's and early 80's Patrick Duffy was the man from atlantis.I remember him having those webbed fingers

I gotta say I really liked that pic of Rock as Black Adam!!! Very nice!! Any word on who they wanted as Captain Marvel??

Oh and out of all super heroes I think Captain Marvel's suit would translate well on screen!! No underwear on the outside. Rich red color. And a simple cape. Sure the lightning bolts and yellow accents are there, but they can be toned down!! I would love to see it, as long as thenmovie wasn't dumbed down!!

Fred MacMurray;). Just kidding Lady Jaye. Maybe Tom Tyler.

The lightning bolt may actually be the most popular, marketable aspect of all things Captain Marvel/Shazam. I've noticed people who probably know very little about the Marvel Family but yet seem to like and use the lightning bolt for whatever reason. It's so simple, and would lend itself to so many different products. And I agree, I always thought the Marvels had some of the smartest costumes designs, too. The cartoon yelow wouldn't be a problem, either, I don't think... just make it gold bracelets and sashes, the way Alex Ross does to make it look more realistic in his paintings. And it's the same they did on many paintings for covers of the original Golden Age comics and merchandise.

I think that was around the lates 70's and early 80's Patrick Duffy was the man from atlantis.I remember him having those webbed fingers

Yea, that is right. He swam in a a goofy way that a LOT of kids tried to imitate in swimming pools--I know because I was one of them.

I remember it being one of those frustrating shows because it seemed clear that the writers really didn't know the genre that well--it was written like every other TV/Crime/Hero/sci-fi drama. It wasn't high concept in any sense.

The main character had so much mystery about him, but the pay-off kept getting held off so they could do stories about him helping a kid, or a small business or something lame.

Who was this guy, what was he about? Were there any more like him? What are THEY like? And what does it all mean??

Say it ain't so! Xorr was a card, but he was more than willing to discuss matters with you if you weren't just going on the offensive.

Seriously folks, look at this thread. There's a hilarious amount of positive and negative rep points being tossed around like it's going out of style.

If you dislike someone's point of view, see if you can change it through discussion. After all this is a discussion board. Anonymously sniping each other is just silly.

Here's to hoping Xorr's ban is only temporary. Maybe it's just one curmudgeon looking after another, but I originally disagreed with him; and after several exchanges we seemed to get on well enough. Shame nobody else was willing to put forth that effort.

If you dislike someone's point of view, see if you can change it through discussion. After all this is a discussion board. Anonymously sniping each other is just silly.

Here's to hoping Xorr's ban is only temporary. Maybe it's just one curmudgeon looking after another, but I originally disagreed with him; and after several exchanges we seemed to get on well enough. Shame nobody else was willing to put forth that effort.

The effort was put forth.

He just wasn't biting, he was more interested in dictating.

I guess the posters that have a long tenure here learn when to bend, and he never seemed to pick that up.

BTW, with all the seasons of Smallville, and all the stories they have told--isn't the essential flaw of the series now obvious?? Clark is having all his adventures as Superman BEFORE he even becomes Superman.

You're right in a way.

Smallville probably should have ended a few years ago. It was interesting when he was actually IN Smallville, growing up as a teen with powers. Now he's a man and it's high time he became Superman. The show does the same thing that nearly every show with some amount of popularity is guilty of, not knowing when to wrap it up.

As for costumes, I have some justification for the leather X-Men suits (which a lot of people seem to dispise but I don't really mind).

The first X-Men movie was a flag ship for the post-Batman and Robin super hero movies and they wanted to be taken seriously. Seeing a half dozen people (not counting their enimies) jumping around in bright, tight outfits, if not done just right, can look like a circus act.

Keep in mind that while other super hero movies went with more traditional looks and WORKED-Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Hulk-the thing these all had in comon was that they were SOLO heroes. Bunching all these guys together on a team can make your movie look like a freak show (it's something I actually worry about Avengers and JLA becoming). Before X-Men, the last super hero movie WAS a freak show-Batman and Robin.

The X-Men producers were gun shy.

And the outfits weren't that bad!

I really just saw this as a Smallville type story, with DC/WB trying to find lightning in a bottle with this as they did with Superman. I would much rather see a teenage Bruce Wayne coming of Batman, but that won't ever happen because of the movies. I know we have Batman Begins, but Batman like Superman goes through a ton more that we don't see in the movie. Like the coming of age in Smallville a Bruce Wayne coming of age story would be very cool.

Say it ain't so! Xorr was a card, but he was more than willing to discuss matters with you if you weren't just going on the offensive.

Seriously folks, look at this thread. There's a hilarious amount of positive and negative rep points being tossed around like it's going out of style.

I'm never posting here again if it's permanent. I'm resigning my account in disgust. In fact, it's a trend with all the forums I've been on lately. Being taken over by trolls and 'net kiddies.

For the people talking about him "bending" or not, you mean bending OVER, right? Since when is defending yourself from some 6 year-old douchebags calling you a tool unwarranted?

I hope the few good guys around here don't drown in all the idiocy.

• Like 1

Dude, he pretended he knew EVERYTHING and when he was challenged he got nasty.

Just because we read modern comics and enjoy modern comic movies does not make use all "drooling fan boys".

I'm never posting here again if it's permanent. I'm resigning my account in disgust. In fact, it's a trend with all the forums I've been on lately. Being taken over by trolls and 'net kiddies.

For the people talking about him "bending" or not, you mean bending OVER, right? Since when is defending yourself from some 6 year-old douchebags calling you a tool unwarranted?

I hope the few good guys around here don't drown in all the idiocy.

You think this is because he responded to being called a tool?

And yeah, calling people "re. tard. ed." and a "f*cktard" is much more mature.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.

• Like 1