ROC wv3 alpha vehicles

Any chance any fellow canadian member can help us out? Can trade for stuff that you can only find here (he-man vs superman comic packs for example), or pay cash.

These would be:

Polar Sharc

Desert Rockslide

Lava Pod

Tiger Claw ATV

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EM

These are starting to pop up on Ebay. I've noticed the ATV for a few days now, but the other three vehicles are beginning to show today. All the sellers are out of Canada. I wonder what happened to the US stockpile? Maybe in the next few months they will be showing up at Marshalls and TJ Maxxes.

The buy it nows are going for $60-70 a piece. Saw a Tiger Claw auction the other day and the bidding was up over $115.

They have been showing up in Canada for like $8 each. They come in the international packaging with the spanish, english and french writing.

Was wondering if the Canadian members here had found them, and if so if they could help us out.

EM

I have access to these sets, but I'm leery of snagging them.

The temptation to scalp them is just too great and we ALL know the repercussions of that....

So how about picking some up for your friends here...?

I'm not buying them sight-unseen for anyone. I've gotten ONE direct request via PM, and I was able to score a partial complete set (3 out of the 4)for that person.

I just do not want to scour the city (and our three Walmarts) for more of these because I just do not have the time or $$ to spare. Sorry.

I'm kicking myself in the head, because I saw these once and passed figuring they would be everywhere. I think Denis Leary wrote a song about what I would be calling myself after this. I had seen them in a Meijers in IL.

I'm kicking myself in the head, because I saw these once and passed figuring they would be everywhere. I think Denis Leary wrote a song about what I would be calling myself after this. I had seen them in a Meijers in IL.

They might still be everywhere. Canada MIGHT have gotten the first shipments, before the US shipments went out--which has happened before.

No-one from Hasbro has said these items are Canada only.

About the only item of interest for me here, is the Polar Sharc....

POLAR SHARC SUBMARINE

What is that Submarine from again?

The Tiger Claw ATV isn't too bad, but generic offbrand ATV's (for the Joes and Cobra's) are a dime a dozen to pick up.

TIGER CLAW ATV

What is that Submarine from again?

Its featured in GIJOE: The Rise of Cobra movie.

So it's an original piece, designed explicitly for the movie line and not a piece they're re-using from another line?

Wonder where they came up with Ice Storm though? I don't recall seeing him in the movie? I would have thought they might have put Heavy Duty in there, to replicate the scene in the movie where he yelss "YOooo JOE!" @haha@

So it's an original piece, designed explicitly for the movie line and not a piece they're re-using from another line?

That's right. Its a complete new tooling, albeit one we are likely to see again in a new deco.

Wonder where they came up with Ice Storm though? I don't recall seeing him in the movie? I would have thought they might have put Heavy Duty in there, to replicate the scene in the movie where he yelss "YOooo JOE!"

Heavy Duty would be the logical inclusion, but.......yea.........for some reason we get a nobody character called Ice Storm, who, IIRC, looks like a re-purposed Arctic Doc figure.

The Sharc is the only vehicle I would buy for myself in this wave, but holding it in my hands..........even for eight measly bucks.......there just wasn't quite enough spark there for me.

I have access to these sets, but I'm leery of snagging them.

The temptation to scalp them is just too great and we ALL know the repercussions of that....

So how about picking some up for your friends here...?

I'm not buying them sight-unseen for anyone. I've gotten ONE direct request via PM, and I was able to score a partial complete set (3 out of the 4)for that person.

I just do not want to scour the city (and our three Walmarts) for more of these because I just do not have the time or $$ to spare. Sorry.

Hey no worries here. Doesn't hurt to ask right?

Its a complete new tooling, albeit one we are likely to see again in a new deco.

I would imagine so, being an all new piece. Couldn't imagine them just tossing this one.

Its a complete new tooling, albeit one we are likely to see again in a new deco.

I would imagine so, being an all new piece. Couldn't imagine them just tossing this one.

Yea, its surprising that the Sharc is coming out now. The mole has seen, what......3 releases now??

The primary beef that I have with both the mole pod and the Sharc is that they look to be scaled for the packaging. Cheaper alpha wave-scale ( ergo smaller sized) items for that lower price point, and in going that route they fluffed two potentially cool vehicles.

The mole pod is an embarrassment, so stunted and really dopey looking.

The Sharc is likewise under-scale, designed for a single figure ( and a really odd throwaway character too) when it should have been a two-man design, IIRC. Both are not so large as to be huge in their true-to-scale proportions, but they would both have been a helluva lot cooler if they were bigger and stretched out.

The Sharc is, by a huge margin, the better of the two designs, and the toy is decent-looking too.

The one I have is going out to a new home,though, so I've not taken a really close look at it.