Captain America's costume revealed!

Fanatic

I've seen it and I've been excited about it. Since they're using the Ultimates version of the costume, I assume the wings will never be there. But who knows. They may just put them on at one point. They did say he would be in a costume similar to the comics, buccaneer boots and all. The other plot point is that he chooses to go into the war and the costume we see now is that costume-with a WW2 like helmet.

Superpowers wrote:

Captain America's costume just isn't one of those costumes that hold ups over time.

Now that's just absurd. It's an iconic costume that's been the same for essentially three-quarters of a century. How does that constitute "not holding up over time"? :rolleyes:

Superpowers wrote:

Captain America's costume just isn't one of those costumes that hold ups over time.

Now that's just absurd. It's an iconic costume that's been the same for essentially three-quarters of a century. How does that constitute "not holding up over time"? :rolleyes:

exactly if it ain't broke don't fix it

I definitely won't be seeing the Cap movie based on the changes made, and it looks like I'll be forced not to see Thor either. Looks like my Marvel honeymoon period after the first relatively great Iron Man movie is over. :angry:

I definitely won't be seeing the Cap movie based on the changes made, and it looks like I'll be forced not to see Thor either. Looks like my Marvel honeymoon period after the first relatively great Iron Man movie is over. :angry:

same here same with the Green Lantern film

movie designers they have no respect everything has to modernised and made realistic prime example a Primetransformers.jpg

All depends on your point of view, I guess. I think that Prime looks cool!

From the pictures I'm seeing, looks like Thor will be visually interesting, at least. Yes, I realize the look differs from the original art but.....

movie designers they have no respect everything has to modernised and made realistic prime example a Primetransformers.jpg

From the pictures I'm seeing, looks like Thor will be visually interesting, at least. Yes, I realize the look differs from the original art but.....

but it sucks BIG TIME and everyone is just pissing around making excuses!

regards

Joshua aka the champ

but it sucks BIG TIME and everyone is just pissing around making excuses!

regards

Joshua aka the champ

Ooookaaay....

I agree with Yojoebro82, it all depends on the point of view I happen to like the look of movie Optimus Prime, I could have done without the flames but the overall look is pretty good. In the case of Captain America I would've loved to see the classic costume but I knew it wasn't happening, the new look is pretty weird but all we've seen so far is concept art so I won't say anything more untill I see an official screenshot or pic, what really bothers me are the red straps.

I'm going to wait for a trailer I wasn't going to go to GIJOE because of the style but it was a good film I'll probably just give the film a chance

I don't mind that Prime in robot form, but why change the kind of truck all of a sudden?

Ok, if from I've read here and there this movie is set in WW2?? Then perhaps this is a decent outfit to expect for a hero in the midst of a combat situation, with limited types of material available for his costume during that time period?? Perhaps when he leads the Avengers in the future he could have more choices of materials for his costume and thus possibly have the classic costume???? Or at least something that resembles it more closely???

The changes being made to the costume are pathetic and unreasonable. First of all, Capt. America is supposed to be a living symbol of America, hence his flag-like costume. He is supposed to be a bright, red, white and blue streak on the battlefield. He's supposed to inspire the troops. But in Hollywood's version, he thinks that the colors are too loud for combat so he tones them down and changes the boots and all that. How silly and ridiculous a justification!

If he wanted combat effectiveness he'd put on camouflage, not a weird mixture of bright and dull colors. This change waters down both aspects...it waters down the bright, daring, flag-like quality that inspires the troops, and it waters down any aspect of combat realism because it highlights his head and chest with bright colors. Brilliant combat move! Tone down your hands and feet, and make your head and torso a bulls-eye! So much for Hollyweird's "realism" argument. :rolleyes: