Captain America's costume revealed!

Fanatic

Looks like Cap and that's about good enough for me. Since this is just "concept" artwork the real thing could look slightly different. I also expect this to be the costume that he wears in "present" day and not what he wears back in the 40's.

I don't like it. Too much straps and rubber armor.... and he REALLY needs the wings

red boots and gloves wouldn't be too hard either

I´m diggin' it. It pretty much looks like the ultimates 2 version where he sports the helmet, heck the figure from marvel legends even has brown boots and gloves like this design. And I may be in the minority, but I don´t think he needs the wings (the fact I´m a huge ultimates and ultimates 2 fan does make my judgmente biased)

i like it...just miss the wings

He looks like he's missing his parachute.

It could be worse I suppose. All those little lines, patches, and other busy details are unnecessary. I don't understand how people could look at this and say, "Oh yeah! If there really were a Captain America, THIS is what he'd wear!" but if there were wings on that helmet or if his boots were red those people would say, "Wings? That looks unrealistic and stupid."

If you're too ashamed of what super heroes wear, you might have gotten too old for super heroes!

I don't get why they just couldn't do his costume like Spiderman's and Superman's in the movies... use the same design and add texture to it..

you don't mess up an iconic design just for the hell of it.. its dumb.

I don't get why they just couldn't do his costume like Spiderman's and Superman's in the movies... use the same design and add texture to it..

you don't mess up an iconic design just for the hell of it.. its dumb.

You do make a valid point. Spiderman, Superman, Batman (in a way) all got to keep their original costume and they look just fine on the big screen. Perhaps Captain America would too but I don't know... I think it would be to flashy to the point where it looks ridiculous. I personally don't like the wings and I'm glad they got rid off.

They are simply using the "Ultimates" and you know what? I think it will work great on the movie:

capitao_ultimate.jpgcapam4.jpg

PS: I liked better when I didn't have to click on a link to see the pictures, but whatever...

first off.. I don't like the Ultimates that much.. I don't think I prefer any Ultimate universe design to the original..

second, its not the ultimates design.. it doesn't even have red stripes on his torso (they are trying to get around that with red parts on the straps)... and he has all kinds of funky armor and straps all over him.. its not sleek at all.

I still don't see why they didn't use the original design and just make it textured (like I said with Supes and Spidey)... Captain America's costume isn't any more flashy than theirs are (in the comics they are both bright red/blue also.. Superman even has a big ass red cape.. you don't get more flashy than that!

And Ironman is very flashy in his red/gold armor.

it's time people stop thinking that comic book movies need to change the looks of the characters.. they are afterall, comic book movies! If people don't want to see that, there are plenty of other movies out there.

In a way it's not MUCH different from the Batman costume. They also added different plates and sections to that, it's just not as conspicuous because it's all black. Don't know if I'm a fan of the red straps. Looks like a harness...

In a way it's not MUCH different from the Batman costume. They also added different plates and sections to that, it's just not as conspicuous because it's all black. Don't know if I'm a fan of the red straps. Looks like a harness...

They look more like suspenders to me... LOL

They look more like suspenders to me... LOL

That too. Red suspenders...

Its looks like America, its looks like the army, its looks symbolic, its captain America. I love it and I always hated the wingy thingies on his head, so I won't shade a tear.

What do you guys think of the Thor costume? A bit simplistic IMO:

Thor_Concept__scaled_300.jpg

Its looks like America, its looks like the army, its looks symbolic, its captain America. I love it and I always hated the wingy thingies on his head, so I won't shade a tear.

What do you guys think of the Thor costume? A bit simplistic IMO:

Thor_Concept__scaled_300.jpg

Thor needs his helmet just like Cap needs his wings. Will this prejudice against winged adornments affect the Flash's costume?

Thor's costume is even worse than Captain America's...

I don't get it, after hitting homeruns with Spidey's suit and Ironman's, they go back to mucking up character's iconic appearances.

and the Thor movie was supposed to be something like Lord of the Rings, now it looks like Power Rangers

Cap's costume is passable, as was Thor's until I saw the pants and boots. Not liking them at all!!! Why is it he's wearing leather pants and boots??? It just doesn't match the top at all, needs more color!! I want to see the thigh high boots, in brown to make realistic, but not biker looking lower half!!