Talk about LOST here!

yojoebro82

I've done a service to all who can't wait to talk about LOST and started this thread. Because...well, that's what you do when you want to discuss things, right? :)

I won't be watching or replying here because I still need to see all of the last season and have to wait for DVD (yes, I know there's such thing as Hulu and whatnot but my computer is slooooooow and makes watching shows on it frusterating at best!) That's why I don't want it in the status update.

So vent, complain, rave, debate, do whatever! Have fun...

Great series. I liked the final episode. I won't post any spoilers but it all made sense and it worked for me.

I'd just consider this topic to have spoilers in it of all kinds ... If you have not watched it all you are a moron for clickingo n this topic anyways @smilepunch@ @loll@

I didn't like the ending for the flash forwards(?) one bit.... oooh we're all in a purgatory type place but didn't know it.... paaalease that's too much like the old I just woke up from a dream and none of the story you just read/watched has any real meaning whatsoever. I wish they would have went a more scifi route- like the h-bomb Idea really worked and the flash forwards were set up as them as they would have been had the plane crash not occurred but noooo we get some confusing full circle religious mumbojumbo thrown at us

The actual end of the series wasn't surprising, but it was decently satisfying. Again, I think they could have made the story a lot better. Every question they answered still led to more questions = annoying. It's the end of the series! Wrap it up!! They never explained why the polar bear from Hugo's comic book was on the island - or was the polar bear from dharma and it was just a coincidence that the polar bear was in the comic book? and what about walt and his supernatural abilities? come to think of it ... why wasn't walt summoned back to the island with everyone else? The last time he was in the show was before his dad went to work on the boat for Witmore

I didn't mind the whole religious part of it. That wasn't the story that bothered me. It was the island story that had so many questions left unanswered. We still don't know why the island was special in the first place. We don't know anything about the numbers. Where did they pop up originally? Why those particular numbers in so many different instances? How exactly did Dahrma find the island? Why did pregnant women die on the island?

I feel they just were told they had to wrap it up to keep the viewers from losing interest next season. So, they just focused more on the afterlife part of it, and the island was a small side effect. @grumpy@

I didn't mind the whole religious part of it. That wasn't the story that bothered me. It was the island story that had so many questions left unanswered. We still don't know why the island was special in the first place.

It's a cork in the bottle of EVIL! ;)

We don't know anything about the numbers. Where did they pop up originally? Why those particular numbers in so many different instances?
Originally the numbers were just a cipher, a macguffin for Hurley to have a reason to interact with Danielle the Frenchwoman to further his character (this series was about the characters). As the series went on, the producers just thought it was fun to stick the numbers into episodes to broaden the 'mythology' of the series.

How exactly did Dahrma find the island?
Like the survivors of 815, like Dannielle Rouseau's boatmates, like Widmore's people, all the way back to Richard Alpert and Jacob and MIBs real mother, they were brought to the island by the Leader. But as everyone is given free will on the island, what they chose to do was study and set up the DHARMA Initiative.

Why did pregnant women die on the island?
Electromagnetism? (Okay, I agree, I kinda wanted that one wrapped up a little better)

I feel they just were told they had to wrap it up to keep the viewers from losing interest next season. So, they just focused more on the afterlife part of it, and the island was a small side effect. @grumpy@

Well, they wrote the last episode the same time they wrote the first episode, and the only variable was how many seasons they could keep the show going in between. Towards the middle of the third season, they asked ABC for a definitive end date so they could properly plot out the arc of the entire series. They asked for two more seasons. ABC said they would give them three shorter seasons (to keep it on the air longer) but with essentially the same amount of episodes as two longer seasons (16 episodes per instead of 24). So your theory that they had to "wrap it up" inferring if rating were higher we would have seen a season seven is wrong.

Yeah I'm not happy with the ending of lost either ... they fucked up imo & had no clue how to end it so just tired to give them all a nice happy ending ... Honestly I just don't get any of it ... & pogoman said to me that they have all been dead since they start of the show?! I don't think so ... If that were true then the entire series is just a middle finger to the fans ...

Nothing that has happened in this series has made any sense what so ever honestly I'm pissed off @grumpy@ @firedevil@ @hmmm@ @loll@ I agree with PSword That they should have gone with the h-bomb idea & just had everyone from that universe remember there experiences in the other ...

Yeah I'm not happy with the ending of lost either ... they fucked up imo & had no clue how to end it so just tired to give them all a nice happy ending ... Honestly I just don't get any of it ... & pogoman said to me that they have all been dead since they start of the show?! I don't think so ... If that were true then the entire series is just a middle finger to the fans ...

Nothing that has happened in this series has made any sense what so ever honestly I'm pissed off @grumpy@ @firedevil@ @hmmm@ @loll@ I agree with PSword That they should have gone with the h-bomb idea & just had everyone from that universe remember there experiences in the other ...

They weren't dead since the start of the show, the "flash sideways" reality is the only time they're dead. Everything on the island, past present and future through all 6 seasons, actually happened.

They weren't dead since the start of the show, the "flash sideways" reality is the only time they're dead. Everything on the island, past present and future through all 6 seasons, actually happened.

As they stated in the Finale. If you don't like TV that makes you think, you're probably better off watching LCD shows like Heroes.

As they stated in the Finale. If you don't like TV that makes you think, you're probably better off watching LCD shows like Heroes.

No one is better off watching Heroes.

There were a lot of unanswered questions, but I think it's better that way. WOuld you really want a Season 6 that went back and answered 5 Seasons of questions? They would be there for 2 more seasons and they'd end up with more questions anyway. It wasn't perfect but decently satisfying. My biggest peeve was when Hurley went up to Michael and randomly knew what the whispers were. Why didn't he know that before, and why all of a sudden NOW?

And why weren't Walt and Michael part of the group? OK, Michael I get. That whole, you shot two people, sold us all out, and left the island to do your own thing. But Walt seemed to be trying to help. And seemed to have a connection to the island.

Also, was anyone dissappointed with Widmore's death scene? It was like 'oh, yeah, we gotta kill this guy, let's just kill him off quick.'

Why were some people from the island (like the dude from the freighter) in the purgatory only to die? And what happens when they die in purgatory? Ouch, my head hurts.

I didn't expect answers to everything in this season, but I just felt there was room to tell more.

I felt sorry for michael, he was being manipulated by ben & his only concern was for his kid! Now ben... That is someone I can not feel sorry for & they turned him into a "good guy" at the end :S . I'm sad we never got to see anything else with mr ?echo? eco? Whatever ... the black guy that the smoke monster killed. I still don't get why they killed him he could have been a cool character

And why weren't Walt and Michael part of the group? OK, Michael I get. That whole, you shot two people, sold us all out, and left the island to do your own thing. But Walt seemed to be trying to help. And seemed to have a connection to the island.

Also, was anyone dissappointed with Widmore's death scene? It was like 'oh, yeah, we gotta kill this guy, let's just kill him off quick.'

Why were some people from the island (like the dude from the freighter) in the purgatory only to die? And what happens when they die in purgatory? Ouch, my head hurts.

I didn't expect answers to everything in this season, but I just felt there was room to tell more.

That purgatory was created by those people at the end; I'm going under the assumption that everyone not in that church or not Ben was part of their fantasy. From there, they went on to heaven (or whatever).

Michael was traped on the island (as we saw earlier in the season). As for Walt he had his entire life ahead of him. The people he meet then (wife?/children?/grandchildren?) were probably far more important to him than the few months that he was on the island. Plus it represented 2004, it would be hard to explain why he was so much older than he was supposed to be.

I'm sad we never got to see anything else with mr ?echo? eco? Whatever ... the black guy that the smoke monster killed. I still don't get why they killed him he could have been a cool character

That's because of the actor. He hated Hawaii and wanted off the show. Supposedly they had originally planned on Eko ending up as the protector of the island (instead of Hurley).

That purgatory was created by those people at the end; I'm going under the assumption that everyone not in that church or not Ben was part of their fantasy. From there, they went on to heaven (or whatever).

Not everyone. Daniel, his Mother, Ana Lucia, and many others were really there but others (the mercenaries, Jack's son) were just created to help them along.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved the ending. I thought it was pretty smart.

There are some unanswered questions, sure... maybe we'll see the island revisited in another series? For that matter, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing what happened to the survivors (Sawyer, Kate, etc). You know, I mean before they eventually died and rejoined the rest in purgatory.

I hated the ending pretty much... and I also hated most of the "answers" that they gave leading up to it.

the episode that focused on Jacob and the black man's history (how cheesy is that?? he doesn't have a name because his mom only thought of one name?) was a big fat waste of a script. All of the answers that people have been wanting to know were just kinda given as "because that's the way it is".

it was a deus ex machina..BIG TIME.. it seemed like really lazy writing to me.

the creators of the show said that when they started ?Lost, the whole show revolved around the idea of a mysterious hatch in the middle of a lost island, and they had no idea where the show was going or the answers to their own mysteries. And that REALLY showed to me in this final season.

I enjoyed the show over the 6 seasons, but it really went downhill after the first 2 seasons. This last season was getting better, but they still failed to wrap it up very well.

I'm sad we never got to see anything else with mr ?echo? eco? Whatever ... the black guy that the smoke monster killed. I still don't get why they killed him he could have been a cool character

That's because of the actor. He hated Hawaii and wanted off the show. Supposedly they had originally planned on Eko ending up as the protector of the island (instead of Hurley).

Oh wow! I suppose that makes the most sense! That is funny though too I wonder why he hawaii most people pay big bucks to go there on a trip & he could have been there for how many years & get paid to do so! & where is he now ?.. Is he even acting on anything ?.. @loll@ More than likely kicking him self for being a tool @loll@

"

Michael was traped on the island (as we saw earlier in the season). As for Walt he had his entire life ahead of him. The people he meet then (wife?/children?/grandchildren?) were probably far more important to him than the few months that he was on the island. Plus it represented 2004, it would be hard to explain why he was so much older than he was supposed to be.

"

Why ?.. We assume that those that lived lived to old age yet they are there in there regular forms, you're telling me that they did not have a life/meet new people/friends /family that they too would want to see in heaven or what not ?.. I don't think they even had whats her names kid there or suns daughter there or anything at all!