Superman Movie Coming December 2012 & Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman & More Soon To Follow

Wheeljack35

WTF?!?! :blink:

Who is that? That's not Capt. America! That's some guy dressed in a costume that was very vaguely inspired by Capt. America or maybe roughly inspired by Uncle Sam or something. But that ain't Capt. America. If that's the costume they're giving him, I am absolutely boycotting the movie.

WTF?!?! blink.gif

Who is that? That's not Capt. America! That's some guy dressed in a costume that was very vaguely inspired by Capt. America or maybe roughly inspired by Uncle Sam or something. But that ain't Capt. America. If that's the costume they're giving him, I am absolutely boycotting the movie.

Your the only ass nugget who really thinks Captain America should be in his traditional costume. What don't you get, certain things don't work in movies as they do in comics numbnut!! Do people really expect the X-Men to run around in bright yellow and blue tights?? Only certain costumes work and just may need slight treatment but anyone expecting this

captain_america.jpg

is just silly. The costume is garbage anyway

• Like 2

.... certain things don't work in movies as they do in comics numbnut!!

If that were true, then those comics shouldn't be made into movies.

What's the point?

I've never understood how some people can accept people with super powers and super soldiers but when it comes to a bright costume, they draw the line. They can accept that a guy can fly, but not that a guy would wear a cape.

Superpowers1980 wrote:

Your the only ass nugget who really thinks Captain America should be in his traditional costume. What don't you get, certain things don't work in movies as they do in comics numbnut!!

Boy, go slap your mother upside her head. When she asks why, tell her it's from Xorr for raising such an obnoxious, uncivilized social misfit devoid of manners.

The costume is garbage anyway

I take it you're an American-hating communist then.

JollyMonReturns wrote:

Thanks for responding. I definitely get from you that you have the passion. I, like you, have no knowledge or experience with the technical aspects of filmmaking. However, I do acknowledge that there are technical aspects that need to be addressed. Without having a producer and director that have at least a passing knowledge of how a film is constructed, it's very likely that the film would at the least wander without clear direction on the filming and pacing, causing conflicts, re-shoots, and cost overruns.

I plan ahead. I believe in getting things right the first time. I'd consult if I needed to.

Unfortunately, the method you state, "I can film it and know whether it is or isn't filmed well", wouldn't work in any sort of reality. Sets must be staged, actors prepared, costumes readied, for each scene. If you film it, then decide it isn't the way you want it, all the preparatory work would have to be done again. Your shooting schedule would be out the window in the first week. An experienced filmmaker would know how to setup the shot in advance for the effect they're looking for.

Again, I do the prep work. If anything, I believe in over-planning. Leave no stone unturned, figure everything out before you begin, and plan ahead for unforseen circumstances to the best of your ability. The director for the film Lemora, A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (one of my all time faves) mentions in the commentary how he did so many storyboards that people couldn't believe how detail oriented he was. That appeals to me, that's how I am.

We don't know you personally, so obviously we have to take you on your word on the popularity of your game scenarios, stories, etc. Good for you, I'm sure your fellow gamers have appreciated your work. The experience you gained may help you in writing a treatment or proposal for the Thor movie you want to do, but to even write a screenplay requires specific knowledge and skills, which by your own account you don't have. Much less to produce a movie.

I know how to tell a good story. I know how to do good dialog. As far as gaming, I am currently working on some material for an out-of-print edition of the game, and one of the founding writers who is considered by most of the knowledgeable people in the field actually gave my writing high praise. He even told me I was good enough to ghost write something for him, which is akin to having James Cameron or Steven Spielberg say "You're good enough to direct the movie in my place".

As for writing the movie, it's like anything else. You need a good, compelling story that captures the audience's attention, a good plot, something that gets the audience involved emotionally. A movie is just a fictional story in moving format. So it contains a visual aspect you must appeal to as well. But it's not that hard.

Confidence in one's self and one's skills is commendable. Misplaced confidence in abilities that do not apply borders on hubris.

I don't consider it misplaced confidence. I know my limits and I know when to say "I don't know that" or "I'm not good enough to do that". With a Thor movie, I truly believe I can pull it off.

Can you please define what you believe to be the job of the Producer? And what skills you posess (other than comics passion) that would qualify you for the role?

A producer is in charge of everything. He hires the director, the cast, the talent, etc. The producer pretty much oversees everything. Usually (not always), teh producer has final say in almost everything. He supervises the budget, etc.

I'm a natural organizer and leader, so I'd honestly probably make a better producer than director, though I think I could pull off both.

I have a passion for comics, literature, movies, music, and (since this is a toy message board) toys. However, I don't believe passion is enough. I know enough about how each of these things is produced to know that I don't know enough to be able to say I can do them better than everyone else.

I agree, passion isn't enough. I just happen to think I know enough about movies to be able to create a good one. At the very least it would be no worse than any that the major studios have put out, and definitely more faithful.

Woh, woh, woh!! Ease up there DC fanboy!!! You're starting to sound like the DC equivilent of Johnny Rebel!!! That costume is a classic, both functional and patriotic!!! Best part, no underwear on the outside!!!! LOL!!!

And I'll have words with anyone who thinks otherwise!!

Woh, woh, woh!! Ease up there DC fanboy!!! You're starting to sound like the DC equivilent of Johnny Rebel!!! That costume is a classic, both functional and patriotic!!! Best part, no underwear on the outside!!!! LOL!!!

And I'll have words with anyone who thinks otherwise!!

I don't dislike Captain America...I don't like his costume. As a character he is cool but the outfit is terrible IMO. I don't like characters who wear flags, to me it never works, the only character who had a flag style costume was Captain Britain, for some reason it worked for me.

LOL, you know I never thought about the underwear on the outside, to me it was never really underwear, I thought it was like the trunks that wrestlers wear.

.... certain things don't work in movies as they do in comics numbnut!!

If that were true, then those comics shouldn't be made into movies.

What's the point?

I've never understood how some people can accept people with super powers and super soldiers but when it comes to a bright costume, they draw the line. They can accept that a guy can fly, but not that a guy would wear a cape.

Its the overall concept of comics into movies, its just that certain themes won't work in movies for mass audiences. For some reason Spider Man and Superman have costumes that need little if any tweeking and the public accepts it, but you can't have all the extra glitzy stuff, I can't explain it but you should know what I mean. Some characters work better than others on screen with their costumes. The average person will think Captain America in his traditional outfit is hokey and gimicky and overall silly. Same deal if the X-Men had bright yellow and blue costumes. That is why they keep darkening up Batman's costume in the movies, however I think a dark blue would be cool than just plain black everywhere. It isn't my concept its about how much the mass market will accept as far as costumes go.

JollyMonReturns wrote:

Thanks for responding. I definitely get from you that you have the passion. I, like you, have no knowledge or experience with the technical aspects of filmmaking. However, I do acknowledge that there are technical aspects that need to be addressed. Without having a producer and director that have at least a passing knowledge of how a film is constructed, it's very likely that the film would at the least wander without clear direction on the filming and pacing, causing conflicts, re-shoots, and cost overruns.

I plan ahead. I believe in getting things right the first time. I'd consult if I needed to.

Unfortunately, the method you state, "I can film it and know whether it is or isn't filmed well", wouldn't work in any sort of reality. Sets must be staged, actors prepared, costumes readied, for each scene. If you film it, then decide it isn't the way you want it, all the preparatory work would have to be done again. Your shooting schedule would be out the window in the first week. An experienced filmmaker would know how to setup the shot in advance for the effect they're looking for.

Again, I do the prep work. If anything, I believe in over-planning. Leave no stone unturned, figure everything out before you begin, and plan ahead for unforseen circumstances to the best of your ability. The director for the film Lemora, A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (one of my all time faves) mentions in the commentary how he did so many storyboards that people couldn't believe how detail oriented he was. That appeals to me, that's how I am.

We don't know you personally, so obviously we have to take you on your word on the popularity of your game scenarios, stories, etc. Good for you, I'm sure your fellow gamers have appreciated your work. The experience you gained may help you in writing a treatment or proposal for the Thor movie you want to do, but to even write a screenplay requires specific knowledge and skills, which by your own account you don't have. Much less to produce a movie.

I know how to tell a good story. I know how to do good dialog. As far as gaming, I am currently working on some material for an out-of-print edition of the game, and one of the founding writers who is considered by most of the knowledgeable people in the field actually gave my writing high praise. He even told me I was good enough to ghost write something for him, which is akin to having James Cameron or Steven Spielberg say "You're good enough to direct the movie in my place".

As for writing the movie, it's like anything else. You need a good, compelling story that captures the audience's attention, a good plot, something that gets the audience involved emotionally. A movie is just a fictional story in moving format. So it contains a visual aspect you must appeal to as well. But it's not that hard.

Confidence in one's self and one's skills is commendable. Misplaced confidence in abilities that do not apply borders on hubris.

I don't consider it misplaced confidence. I know my limits and I know when to say "I don't know that" or "I'm not good enough to do that". With a Thor movie, I truly believe I can pull it off.

Can you please define what you believe to be the job of the Producer? And what skills you posess (other than comics passion) that would qualify you for the role?

A producer is in charge of everything. He hires the director, the cast, the talent, etc. The producer pretty much oversees everything. Usually (not always), teh producer has final say in almost everything. He supervises the budget, etc.

I'm a natural organizer and leader, so I'd honestly probably make a better producer than director, though I think I could pull off both.

I have a passion for comics, literature, movies, music, and (since this is a toy message board) toys. However, I don't believe passion is enough. I know enough about how each of these things is produced to know that I don't know enough to be able to say I can do them better than everyone else.

I agree, passion isn't enough. I just happen to think I know enough about movies to be able to create a good one. At the very least it would be no worse than any that the major studios have put out, and definitely more faithful.

Some people can talk fancy and forever and still never say anything worthwhile........that is all your post Xorr. Talk, Talk, Talk, and never say anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...