Superman Movie Coming December 2012 & Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman & More Soon To Follow

Wheeljack35

Marvel didn't make a decent movie until Spiderman

Gotta disagree, Blade was a great movie!!!!

Yep I agree! And I don't think Spidey was a rip from Reeves Superman's. In fact I think they are far superior for the most part!

Draven

Superman 1 is the blueprint for all successful super hero movies, Spiderman 1 is no exception, its pacing was exactly the same.

Superman 2, Superman loses his powers and Lois realizes Clark is Supes, Spiderman loses his powers and Mary J realizes Pete is Spidey

Superman 3, Superman goes bad and fights a bad version of himself, Spidey goes ass wild and fights Venom.

JJJ was played almost exactly as Perry was in the Superman movies, only difference he hated Spiderman and Perry loved Supes.

Superior, I think not. Every actor is the Superman movies (3 aside) is a better actor than the Spiderman movies

I think I proved my point.

Yep I agree! And I don't think Spidey was a rip from Reeves Superman's. In fact I think they are far superior for the most part!

Draven

Superman 1 is the blueprint for all successful super hero movies, Spiderman 1 is no exception, its pacing was exactly the same.

Superman 2, Superman loses his powers and Lois realizes Clark is Supes, Spiderman loses his powers and Mary J realizes Pete is Spidey

Superman 3, Superman goes bad and fights a bad version of himself, Spidey goes ass wild and fights Venom.

JJJ was played almost exactly as Perry was in the Superman movies, only difference he hated Spiderman and Perry loved Supes.

Superior, I think not. Every actor is the Superman movies (3 aside) is a better actor than the Spiderman movies

Every single one of those things Spidey had already done in the comics back when you were snotty nosed and running around in your superman underoos.

• Like 1

Spiderman 2 in some parts was like Superman 2

If you're going to bring up the part about him losing his powers, that's a plot directly from the Stan Lee comics in the 60's.

Name one hero who hasn't lost his powers...................HA

That's not the point (though you kind of defeat yourself if you're going to use that as one reason why Spider-Man 2 is a rip off of Superman 2).

The main point I wanted to make was that in Spider-Man 2, Peter loses his powers because he begins to doubt himself. That story point was taken from the 60's Spidey comics.

Both the Superman and Spider-Man movies have thier faults.

I recently watched Spidey 1 and 2 and a lot of the dialogue was downright corny (especially in the first one). I can't remember if the same holds true for Spidey 3...I don't intend to watch it any time in the near future...

Someone said Superman 1 was a blueprint for all super hero movies. I wish I could agree because I like that movie a lot. We're treated to a difinitive Superman origin story with a stellar cast all around...UNTIL you come to the movie's fatal flaw: the spinning-back-time-so-nothing-bad-can-happen plot device. I hate it sooo much! On top of him being able to do anything, Supes can also turn back time so he need not feel the pain of personal loss (Lois' death). To top it off, he does it AGAIN in the Donner cut of Supes II because he made a bad choice and didn't want to deal with the consequences. UGH!

You can't go saying Spidey 2 "coppied" Supes 2 because he just happened to loose his powers. That plot device is as standard for super heroes as the love triangle and baby switching plot devices are for soap operas.

And Draven, you would be right. Even Marvel's worst movie is 100 times better than Catwoman or Superman Returns. Plus the first X-Men from 2000 was excellent. That was 2 years before Spiderman.

And Marvel's best movie can't hold a candle to The Dark Knight...

...Except for Wolverine, who is the GREATEST CHARACTER OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Let's wait and see what happens. I hope it all works out.

One of these days we should start a thread in the Marvel section about what we thought about the movies then and what we think now. To be honest most of them don't hold up anymore.

• Like 1

Draven

If you remember the intros were similair.Superman 2 opened up with scenes from Superman while Spiderman 2 opened up with drawings of scenes from Spiderman

I for one refuse to get excited. I'm convinced that the only way I'll ever see a great, faithfully done superhero movie free of silly advertising, tampered-with costumes and origins, race-changed characters, bad camera work, etc, is if I film it myself. Yes, that's right, I'm just gonna say it. I'm the only person I have confidence in when it comes to doing superhero movies. No one else can produce a good one.

Xorr you remind me of the quintecential nerd with glasses, zits, and nasaly voice complaining at a Star Trek convention!!! You will never see a literal translation of a comic character, ever!! These movies are meant to make money and to appeal to the general populace, not just comic nerds that know every aspect of the superhero's backstory!! Not since I was a little kid would I expect that, and with the new Batman trilogy I don't mind!!!! Both took general ideas of the characters and played with them and made it work!!! Both films to date have been superb!!! If you can't get past the differences from the comic then ya need to stick to the cartoons. But I bet you complain there too!!! LOL!!

• Like 1

I for one refuse to get excited. I'm convinced that the only way I'll ever see a great, faithfully done superhero movie free of silly advertising, tampered-with costumes and origins, race-changed characters, bad camera work, etc, is if I film it myself. Yes, that's right, I'm just gonna say it. I'm the only person I have confidence in when it comes to doing superhero movies. No one else can produce a good one.

I, for one, have far more faith in Xorr being able to produce a good super-hero movie than I am in Warner Bros. or Marvel Studios or anyone else.

Captain America lost me the moment I read the wings are gone from the costume.

I, for one, have far more faith in Xorr being able to produce a good super-hero movie than I am in Warner Bros. or Marvel Studios or anyone else.

So the X-Men franchise was awful because Bryan Singer chose to go with black suits as opposed to the classic blue and gold outfits. Noted.

The shield is one thing. Wing tips and buccaneer boots are another. That and the director said the film would be mostly depicted in WWII.

• Like 1

Xorr you remind me of the quintecential nerd with glasses, zits, and nasaly voice complaining at a Star Trek convention!!! You will never see a literal translation of a comic character, ever!! These movies are meant to make money and to appeal to the general populace, not just comic nerds that know every aspect of the superhero's backstory!! Not since I was a little kid would I expect that, and with the new Batman trilogy I don't mind!!!! Both took general ideas of the characters and played with them and made it work!!! Both films to date have been superb!!! If you can't get past the differences from the comic then ya need to stick to the cartoons. But I bet you complain there too!!! LOL!!

You don't always capture the essence of the character, this is true. But nine times out of ten these films have. If you don't think that was Batman and the Joker in TDK, regardless of the changes they made for story's sake, then you've either never read a Batman comic or you need a serious refresher course.

• Like 1

Oh are you comparing him to the nerd on Robot Chicken :P

And he's knows WHAT about film, or directing film? :rolleyes:

And he's knows WHAT about film, or directing film? :rolleyes:

I have no idea... and yet he gets more faith from me than the studios do.

And Draven, you would be right. Even Marvel's worst movie is 100 times better than Catwoman or Superman Returns. Plus the first X-Men from 2000 was excellent. That was 2 years before Spiderman.

Iron Man 1's candle stands pretty damn close to TDK's.

Iron Man 1's candle stands pretty damn close to TDK's.

Not close enough.

• Like 1

[

The shield is one thing. Wing tips and buccaneer boots are another.

The moment someone says something like this, they should have nothing to do with a super hero movie.

Super Hero movies really get a bad wrap like no other genre. You never see a western where the producers look at a cowboy and say, "Those hats and boots are stupid. We need black rubber and armor for today's audiences to buy into this stuff." Jonah Hex and Wild Wild West, however, do contradict this and in doing so earn every bit of the disrespect they get.