TF Generations...

Nguyen_Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the FOC toys. I scored Soundwave, Soundblaster and their minions last week at TRU. Only saw Ultra Magnus there today but snagged him as well. I really hope Blaster hits shelves soon! And I also want to get an Omega off Amazon.

Soundblaster is seriously one of the coolest figures I've purchased in a long time.

OMEGA SUPREME PLATINUM up for pre-order on Amazon...$99 expected to ship in April

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Supreme-Action-Platinum-Edition/dp/B00AQ1NP3C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1357926457&sr=8-3&keywords=omega+supreme+platinum

81vdxAHP-vL._AA1500_.jpg

Ack! 100?! No cheaper than BBTS after all, but at least we can save on shipping

Here's platinum Prime for those interested...80 bucks...

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Optimus-Action-Platinum-Edition/dp/B00AQ1NP6E/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1357926613&sr=1-1&keywords=platinum+optimus+prime

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't they have to be abstract, since they weren't originally designed for human vehicles? This is the one thing I've pondered over the years and have debated with others many times before, and even Michael Bay, when he was making the first film, alluded to the phenomenon of Transformers having truck and car parts on Cybertron when they weren't originally based on earth-vehicle designs. I mean, I know in the old show they had Cybertronian modes, but even then they looked as if some humanoid pilots and/ or drivers could ride in them, but there never were any on Cybertron, and that never made sense to me.

The way I've reasoned it out in my mind, is that these non-specific car/truck and/or jet modes that you see them morphing into on Cybertron, are simply natural forms they utilize for convenience and efficiency, not disguise. And when they are marooned on Earth, it just so happens that these "vehicle" forms that they utilize incidentally resemble the vehicle forms humans use; to Transformers, it's almost as if humans had unwittingly adopted natural Cybertronian forms for means of travel, so they could easily be replicated by them to use as disguises on Earth. Does that make any sense whatsoever? (lol) I guess it's just my own little explanation for how their universe works.

The Tfs have cockpits because they were toys made from random Japanese lines which had tiny pilots. It's that simple.

They had Earth vehicle kibble on Cybertron because they were animated that way. ;)

That being said, I'm good with actual Cybertronian modes. These will be fun.

The Tfs have cockpits because they were toys made from random Japanese lines which had tiny pilots. It's that simple.

They had Earth vehicle kibble on Cybertron because they were animated that way. ;)

That being said, I'm good with actual Cybertronian modes. These will be fun.

Oh yeah...I understand the Diaclone line included tiny pilots and drivers, I know that. I'm just saying for me personally, when I reason out the "hows" and "whys" in my own mind about why they have "vehicle-ish" forms on Cybertron when there's noone to pilot them and no reason to disguise themselves, I'm attempting to make it all make sense for the obsessive-compulsive overanalyst in me. I know Dake, I'm thinking about it waaay too much my friend... (lol)

For example, when I consider Megatron's Cybertronian "jet" mode in the original live-action film, to me he adopted that form to make interstellar space travel more efficient and convenient, not because there were any human-sized Cybertronians that piloted him. In my imagination, it's as if Transformers as an alien race would observe humans and be fascinated by the fact that they utilyze modes of transportation similar to their own alternative modes for getting around.

It's my own little explanation for things concerning Transformers and their form-altering disposition. I don't know if that's anywhere near the actual explanation, but it works for me and allows me to make sense of it all.

FOC Voyager Springer and Astrotrain coming?

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/fall-of-cybertron-voyager-springer-and-astrotrain-listings-revealed/26643/

1359544910_1.png

Hope Springer comes thru...never got either of the 2 crappy repaint versions. He is desperately needed on my classics shelf

that looks really good, i'll look into getting him if and when he comes out being voyger size helps too