TF Generations...

Nguyen_Dragon

I think Transformers have become too expensive at retail. I saw the FoC figures at Target for $15+tax, and they're smaller than what deluxes used to be. I can't believe that the price is going up and the amount of material in the figure is going down.

More expensive, smaller... and fewer paint aps. I have to agree that it's not a great formula. I picked up FoC Shockwave, and it's a nice enough figure, but I passed on Prime and Jazz without much hesitation. I understand about the tough economy and all that, but I can't help but feel like they're taking advantage of the situation a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Transformers have become too expensive at retail. I saw the FoC figures at Target for $15+tax, and they're smaller than what deluxes used to be. I can't believe that the price is going up and the amount of material in the figure is going down.

More expensive, smaller... and fewer paint aps. I have to agree that it's not a great formula. I picked up FoC Shockwave, and it's a nice enough figure, but I passed on Prime and Jazz without much hesitation. I understand about the tough economy and all that, but I can't help but feel like they're taking advantage of the situation a bit.

The toy collector is taken advantage of on a regular basis, and you guys are right. The TFs are getting smaller and smaller, while you pay more and more. I've seen voyager class figures that I swear are the same size as deluxe figures I've bought just a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

http://tformers.com/transformers-nycc-2012-transformers-platinum-collection/18629/news.html

Omega looks good in that paint deco... I never cared for that Prime...

On Omega a new head I have no idea if it will be a headmaster like the Energon version was..Plus the claw is different

I HATE Energon Prime I never liked that mold

well I think I am done with anything tf other than

originals releases

3rd party

or MP type stuff

tf stuff just keeps on skyrocketing in price lately I Love it but can hardly afford it anymore @grumpy@

well I think I am done with anything tf other than

originals releases

3rd party

or MP type stuff

tf stuff just keeps on skyrocketing in price lately I Love it but can hardly afford it anymore @grumpy@

That is across the board... A Marvel Legend is costing me between $15-$20... Honestly I think you get more bang for you buck with a Transformer... This hobby is getting real expensive real quickly...

Holy crap! Not trying to brag, but I just won an eBay auction for 8 classic seekers for $158. It had the 3 original jets, the 3 coneheads, an asia exclusive acid rain? and a great custom sunstorm. The price increases that's going on is just rediculous anymore. So much so, that I've had to stop collecting everything else but transformers.

Holy crap! Not trying to brag, but I just won an eBay auction for 8 classic seekers for $158. It had the 3 original jets, the 3 coneheads, an asia exclusive acid rain? and a great custom sunstorm. The price increases that's going on is just rediculous anymore. So much so, that I've had to stop collecting everything else but transformers.

Acid Storm was a Universe release and not an Asian exclusive.

The toy collector is taken advantage of on a regular basis, and you guys are right. The TFs are getting smaller and smaller, while you pay more and more. I've seen voyager class figures that I swear are the same size as deluxe figures I've bought just a few years ago.

These posts pretty much sum up my feelings about the line, I hate that the Generations line keeps the same name but can't even stay the same size across the board for deluxes. The Jazz, Prime, and Shockwave all look fantastic, but I don't dig the price tag or reduction in size, they don't fit in with the rest of the Generations line on the shelf.

Acid Storm was a Universe release and not an Asian exclusive.

I saw acid storm is a green jet. The one I was talking about is all purple. Apparently his name is electrostorm. Either way, now I have to track down an acidstorm fig....