TF Generations...

Nguyen_Dragon

Bumblebee may be one of my favorite characters but I hate the movie version of Bumblebee I hat the way they did his face and I hate that Bay made him not talk when he had talk in the G1 cartoons and now with Bumblebee don't talk in Prime it is really making me mad what they have done to him. I can live with him not beening a VW anymore but at less give him his face and give him a voice.

One word that will solve this problem

REBOOT :P

are you a hollywood producer? :P

No but I do play one on youtube :P

@loll@

Well like it or not they are foolish

I could see the first movie but come on the idea of a Transformer movie isn't that big anymore they could of sold the things they said they would and let it die off for a bit but no they decided to stop selling things that actually do sell.

Almost all movie lines do not sell well and leave lots of toys behind to be clearanced off

This is just my opinion I know Hasbro has there way of doing things and we just need to vent

I think the tf movie franchise is doing just fine, considering the second movie made more money than the first; for hasbro the movie toys are where the money is, not generations (we older fans may prefer it, but the droves of kids prefer movie toys). To say otherwise is selfish on our part; transformers as a brand needs the support of kids much more than it needs our support.

I'd rather let hasbro make their (big) money now, then throughout the year they can give us what many older collectors want: more generations.

^^^This, is right on the mark. You don't have to like the films but to not recognize they play a large part in the success of non-film toylines is short sighted. Transformers was going steady before the first movie and would likely still be doing ok had the movies never come along. But remember, the Classics line began as a filler only. Had there been no movie, there would've been no need for a filler line. Had we not had Classics as a filler, there would not have been a reason to bring them back as Universe in between the films and Generations now.

Furthermore, the movie's success bumped Hasbro's budget for Tranformers into a different level and this enabled them to dedicate much more to the various lines than they had previously.

To see what might have happened had the first film not done well, you have only to look at GIJoe. It was going steady with the 25th Anniversary stuff and then the movie came along (and I actually liked it better than TF:2) and it did poorly, followed by slow sales and now not even Walmart is carrying the stuff anymore.

I don't like most of the movie stuff. I only bought a couple of Scouts and a couple of Human Alliance figures from the last line. I'll likely buy even less from this one - I actually do like Sentinal Prime though I'm not sure about paying for the Leader price-point. In the end though, I want the line to do well so Hasbro can roll that money into what I do like which is all this great, homagey stuff. After all, Red Alert was cancelled at the end of the Universe line and lo and behold look who popped up in the Generations line instead? We'll see Frenzy and Rumble at some point down the road. Plus - movie only toys on the pegs for a few months will save me a ton of cash!

^^^This, is right on the mark. You don't have to like the films but to not recognize they play a large part in the success of non-film toylines is short sighted. Transformers was going steady before the first movie and would likely still be doing ok had the movies never come along. But remember, the Classics line began as a filler only. Had there been no movie, there would've been no need for a filler line. Had we not had Classics as a filler, there would not have been a reason to bring them back as Universe in between the films and Generations now.

Your facts are correct but your conclusions..............

True, classics got released as a filler line, but plans for the classic line were on the board for years.

And the prototypes and designs were already in pre-production.We would have gotton classics either way,most likely at a latter date but we still would have gotton them.

I could see the first movie but come on the idea of a Transformer movie isn't that big anymore they could of sold the things they said they would and let it die off for a bit but no they decided to stop selling things that actually do sell.

Almost all movie lines do not sell well and leave lots of toys behind to be clearanced off

It doesn't matter if the idea is "big" anymore. This type of media is a HUGE drive for sales. There's really no debate about it. Case in point: Hasbro just released their investors annual report - Transformers was down in sales. And during a year with no media pushes outside of a moderately successful video game, and a cartoon that started a the end of the year, its not really surprising.

Leaving behind clearance is in NO WAY a sales indicator. If you think the RotF line was a failure because two years later there are still some Mudflaps on the shelf, you are way off-base. The fact that there was even new products still shipping two years later actually says a lot towards the line being successful. (Hunt for the Decepticon and Reveal the Shield are the same line as the red Revenge of the Fallen package toys.) Clearance can indicate failure.. six months after the line began? Sure. Two years later? No.

It doesn't matter if the idea is "big" anymore. This type of media is a HUGE drive for sales. There's really no debate about it. Case in point: Hasbro just released their investors annual report - Transformers was down in sales. And during a year with no media pushes outside of a moderately successful video game, and a cartoon that started a the end of the year, its not really surprising.

Leaving behind clearance is in NO WAY a sales indicator. If you think the RotF line was a failure because two years later there are still some Mudflaps on the shelf, you are way off-base. The fact that there was even new products still shipping two years later actually says a lot towards the line being successful. (Hunt for the Decepticon and Reveal the Shield are the same line as the red Revenge of the Fallen package toys.) Clearance can indicate failure.. six months after the line began? Sure. Two years later? No.

LOL yeah they are still there they don't sell :P.Ever think that the stuff stays in the back

I can say this I worked in the stores it took months for restcok on ROTF and when it came in I was saying to coworkers ..It took them months to sell what they had and they ordered more?

for hasbro the movie toys are where the money is, not generations (we older fans may prefer it, but the droves of kids prefer movie toys). To say otherwise is selfish on our part; transformers as a brand needs the support of kids much more than it needs our support.

I'd rather let hasbro make their (big) money now, then throughout the year they can give us what many older collectors want: more generations.

The proof there is on any toy shelf, where you see nothing but NON G1 characters left over from not being bought by old dudes. All they're looking for are characters from the 80s cartoon.

Kids know the movie, they know those characters, Hasbro HAS to push those toys during movie time. But I'm sure Rumble and Frenzy will make their way here at some point.

As for a movie reboot...I would say don't worry. These movies usually DO get rebooted after #3. These's a good chance you'll see no more Shilo Boff, no more non-actress models, certainly no more Bay, a voice for Bumblebee, different car modes for all, and maybe...just maybe a satisfying story!

True, classics got released as a filler line, but plans for the classic line were on the board for years.

And the prototypes and designs were already in pre-production.We would have gotton classics either way,most likely at a latter date but we still would have gotton them.

Correct. "On the board for years." Iow, they'd been batting the idea around for some time, but it took a special set of circumstances for them to get the bean counters to write-off on the idea. And those circumstances involved a brief investment for a short period of time before the first movie hit. After that initial success it was proven and the line will always come back (whatever it's called), but it took that first step to make it happen.

Correct. "On the board for years." Iow, they'd been batting the idea around for some time, but it took a special set of circumstances for them to get the bean counters to write-off on the idea. And those circumstances involved a brief investment for a short period of time before the first movie hit. After that initial success it was proven and the line will always come back (whatever it's called), but it took that first step to make it happen.

I think the only thing the films can be credited for is making it happen faster.

Is anyone else disgusted by the feet design used for Jazz and Windcharger...........what is wrong with the designers?

I see nothing the matter with Jazz and unfortunatly with Hasbro canceling Windcharger I will never see his feet

Is anyone else disgusted by the feet design used for Jazz and Windcharger...........what is wrong with the designers?

I see nothing the matter with Jazz and unfortunatly with Hasbro canceling Windcharger I will never see his feet

You sure he's been canceled?/

I've seen reports on other sites of people finding him at retail.

Finding him at retail is news to me but I did see the news on the cancelation

Finding him at retail is news to me but I did see the news on the cancelation

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/reveal-the-shield-scout-assortment-possibly-cancelled---legends-assortment-status-unknown-171877/

Many United States Transformers collectors have been searching effortlessly (and in vain) for the Reveal the Shield Scouts and Legends figures. Our friends overseas have had plenty of luck, and those who order from online collectable stores have been fortunate, but what's in the store for the rest of us?

We may have your answer, and it's not good.

According to various Hasbro Retail Merchandiser Reps, it would seem that Hasbro has chosen to cancel the Reveal the Shield Scout Assortment in the United States. Beyond the evidence that these figures cannot be found anywhere, word is coming in that some online retailers are cancelling existing pre-orders that they now cannot fill.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/reveal-the-shield-scout-assortment-possibly-cancelled---legends-assortment-status-unknown-171877/

Many United States Transformers collectors have been searching effortlessly (and in vain) for the Reveal the Shield Scouts and Legends figures. Our friends overseas have had plenty of luck, and those who order from online collectable stores have been fortunate, but what's in the store for the rest of us?

We may have your answer, and it's not good.

According to various Hasbro Retail Merchandiser Reps, it would seem that Hasbro has chosen to cancel the Reveal the Shield Scout Assortment in the United States. Beyond the evidence that these figures cannot be found anywhere, word is coming in that some online retailers are cancelling existing pre-orders that they now cannot fill.

that helps explain the reports I remember seeing, I rarely take not to the place of origin of the poster in question, so maybe they were overseas.

AFI emailed a review of Windcharger -- apparently one of their overseas buddies sent them one and they did a review. He has the same feet as Jazz, or they are similar with the two poles sticking out at the base of the foot for balance..........Jazz was a huge meh for me soley on the fact that his feet are ugly.

Only reports of people finding him in retail that I heard were from overseas and not in the states.

Couldn't Hasblow simply of grafted the figures into whatever new line they are going to push or are currently pushing.....are they that far in relation as in looks that they have to cancel the figs???

Only reports of people finding him in retail that I heard were from overseas and not in the states.

thats what I figures.

I dont always pay attention to where people are.

Couldn't Hasblow simply of grafted the figures into whatever new line they are going to push or are currently pushing.....are they that far in relation as in looks that they have to cancel the figs???

I could see them doing that down the line.

thats what I figures.

Have we heard anything officially from Hasblow to let the people know........let us know.

Also don't you guys think its time for Hasblow to take a risk and make a Generations/Classics city bot.........or at the very least Omega Supreme????

thats what I figures.

Have we heard anything officially from Hasblow to let the people know........let us know.

Also don't you guys think its time for Hasblow to take a risk and make a Generations/Classics city bot.........or at the very least Omega Supreme????

Animated Omega was a perfect opportunity for Hasbro but that didnt happen... I kind of gave up on hoping we will ever see a large scale Transformers again...

thats what I figures.

Animated Omega was a perfect opportunity for Hasbro but that didnt happen... I kind of gave up on hoping we will ever see a large scale Transformers again...

yep I doubt they had any plans for Omega supreme and even if they did it went out the window with the rest of animated

I think Fortress Maximus from the Cybertron line was the last time Hasbro will release a giant figure. Releasin' large figures seem to always go on clearance over here, so it is a big risk for Hasbro to release such large scale fig especially how pricy toys are getting

I think Fortress Maximus from the Cybertron line was the last time Hasbro will release a giant figure. Releasin' large figures seem to always go on clearance over here, so it is a big risk for Hasbro to release such large scale fig especially how pricy toys are getting

Funny how they won't do it for Transformers but will go the extra distance of making a $100 AT-At and a $150 Millenium Falcon and now this year they have a clone shuttle?

They could of made an animated Omega Supreme for $50