JLI info need

spidermanskrull

I am thinking about building a DCUC Justice League International and I am wondering who be the most important members:

Blue Beetle Ted Kord

Captain Marvel

Guy Gardner

Mister Miracle

Booster Gold

Captain Atom

Rocket Red

Fire

Ice

Dr. Fate

Doctor Light

Big Barda

I am thinking about building a DCUC Justice League International and I am wondering who be the most important members:

Blue Beetle Ted Kord

Captain Marvel

Guy Gardner

Mister Miracle

Booster Gold

Captain Atom

Rocket Red

Fire

Ice

Dr. Fate

Doctor Light

Big Barda

I wasn't a big fan of the JLI but I was there for a big chunk of it. Here's the run-down...

1. Blue Beetle: He's essential. He's there for most of the run and along with Booster becomes one of the most visible and involved characters.

2. Captain Marvel: The Big Red Cheese quits after issue seven I think. If he weren't on that classic Maguire cover for the first issue, most people probably wouldn't remember he was on the team.

3. Guy Gardner: Guy was a big personality on the team. He's essential.

4. MIster Miracle: MM was there a lot early on. I'm not sure about later issues though. He did bring Oberon to the team though so I'd call him essential.

5. Booster Gold: Booster joined in Issue 4 and especially through his relationship with Blue Beetle became a cornerstone of the team.

6. Captain Atom: Captain Atom joined in Issue 7 when the Justice League became Justice League INTERNATIONAL. He was largely a background member and didn't really contribute much to the team.

7. Rocket Red: RR also joined in Issue 7 and is mostly remembered as a recurring joke.

8. Fire & Ice : Fire & Ice were the female equivalent of Booster and Beetle on the team. They joined later in the series but became prominent members anyway. I'd call them essential.

9. Doctor Fate: Like Captain Marvel, Doctor Fate quits very early on. He's often associated with the JLI but unless you're rebuilding the cover of Issue 1, I wouldn't call him essential.

10. Dr. Light: I only remember Dr. Light being in the first issue and even then she wasn't even in costume. I'd call her unnecessary.

11. Big Barda: Although married to Mister Miracle, I don't recall her playing too much of a key role in the JLI. Maybe it was later after I dropped the book.

Other prominent members:

Martian Manhunter: The 'straight man" of the JLI, MM was there for most of the run and an essential member.

Black Canary: BC was there in the beginning in her 80's outfit. She was an essential member early on but quits after a few issues.

• Like 1

You can't build an essential JLI without Batman. His sucker punch of Guy Gardner was one of the great scenes from the early issues and he was the de facto leader throughout the early run, even when he didn't hold the title.