2010 SDCC Exclusive DC Universe Classics Plastic Man Packaging

JayC

Yes but the suit case only comes with the SDCC version , much like gleek... hopefully they won't mess that up as much this time

The coolest thing Plastic Man has ever done and to think Mattel didn't include this ditty in the SDCC version

eat your heart out Mr Fantastic

http://superdickery....rules&Itemid=38

That entertaining gag by Miller was nothing compared to the unmatched imaginative scenarios utilized by Jack Cole in his original Golden Age comics. There's a reason that Plas was one of the only supertypes to continue to appear in the funny books after super heroes fell out of fashion after WWII AND again later, after the Comics Code was started, and that reason is because he's one of the true innovative greats. Like Batman is great, you know, and we all love him but he's just a cool combination of a lot of good things that come before him. There was nobody like Plas before or since. Yeah, Reed stretches, but he's supposed to be a genius and he never does anything as imaginative with his powers as Plastic Man.

In all fairness, tho, Plas is probably a tough character to write... I don't really like the over the top wacky personality he's usually prortrayed with in modern books, but he's no good as a humorless character, either. Probably somewhere in the middle is what they should try for. But yeah, DCUC Plas looks great and the packaging looks awesome too. So far so good, Mattel... now just don't eff it up like Gleek, 200X MOTU, modern Cheetah, case splits, distribution, blah blah blah, etc, etc.

I still don't get the logic behind making what might be one of the more requested characters for DCU Con only. They used the lame excuse with Lobo that he's "not appropriate for retail" even though they had stated that DCU is a "collectors line." Then they're going to only sell a tiny limited amount online. So hardly anyone will get one at a normal price (oh, wait, mattys selling them, it wont be a normal price, it'll be a disgustingly inflated price), and then the actual fans will probably lose out on getting it due to the 'tarded scalpers. I guarantee after matty reads "sold out" on Plas, you'll see tons of them pop up on Ebay for $100 a pop. Bah. Bah humbug.

Yes, yes I am bitter and ranty. :P

I still don't get the logic behind making what might be one of the more requested characters for DCU Con only. They used the lame excuse with Lobo that he's "not appropriate for retail" even though they had stated that DCU is a "collectors line." Then they're going to only sell a tiny limited amount online. So hardly anyone will get one at a normal price (oh, wait, mattys selling them, it wont be a normal price, it'll be a disgustingly inflated price), and then the actual fans will probably lose out on getting it due to the 'tarded scalpers. I guarantee after matty reads "sold out" on Plas, you'll see tons of them pop up on Ebay for $100 a pop. Bah. Bah humbug.

Yes, yes I am bitter and ranty. :P

He isn't Con only. Just the suitcase is con only. they'll sell plastic man on matty's website.

I'm also guessing they'll re-release him in a future wave as the "stand" figure, but with the normal packaging.

Its the fact they could not put him in a regular wave with all those goodies! So I am ok with the way he is coming out! I really like the packaging but who cares!! I will be ripping him open to get my hands on some plastic goodness as soon as I get him! @loll@

Draven

I´ll have to get two, cause that packaging is awesome!

It really is something else isn't it ?... Its a pass for me since I have no love for the character but I'm tempted to get one simply because the packaging is just so "out there"

@loll@

The coolest thing Plastic Man has ever done and to think Mattel didn't include this ditty in the SDCC version

eat your heart out Mr Fantastic

http://superdickery.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=36%3Astupor-powers-index&id=730%3Awhy-plastic-man-rules&Itemid=38

I think this one was better:

jla332.jpg

LMAO now that is cool @loll@