Little things about Joe that annoy you

revsears

I'm sure I'm not the only who has tiny little nit picky things that bother you about G.I.Joe. Theya ren't make or break, and could probably be totaly ignored but they bug me.

Tattoo placement is a big pet peeve of mine. Especially in the movie line, where the heck is Stormshadow's Arashakagne logo supposed to be?

Different heads when the last one was fine (I'm looking at you DUKE) He has so many different heads why can't they just pick one and stick with it? Especailly when some heads are used for everyone (torpedo, gung-ho)

The new Joe logo every year. Wouldn't it be great for brand growth and recognition to just pick one?

what's yours?

-Heads that don't tilt up enough.

-Going cheap on sculpts/parts: Wet suit and Hit& Run, I'm looking at YOU!

-The COBRA stands only having one peg for the feet instead of the two that the Joes get.

None of them are deal-breakers, but it would be nice if they were addressed.

-The COBRA stands only having one peg for the feet instead of the two that the Joes get.

I've always wondered about this myself. I mean what exactly kept them from adding that extra peg? They obviously know it's better considering that they changed the joe's stands.

Cobra logo maybe? Just guessing.

One of mine is the filecards. Some of the first few filecards were a tad weak (like Grunt, for example), but they generally gave you a good personality for the character. Of course, some characters got more evolved ones in the toon and comics, but some guys you ONLY had the filecards to give them personality. A good example might be Ghostrider who, in the comics, couldn't be named so most of his appearances involved people forgetting his codename. And that was the extent of his characterization. But with the movie stuff, you had more garbage (like the "fingerprint" and the "favorite weapon" that happened to be the exact same weapon for like 98% of the characters the "M.A.R.S. Industries D57-B extreme environment electromagnetic rifle". I maintain they did that so they didn't have to put "real" stuff onto the filecard. I mean look how much room that takes up!). So for some of these new characters, I don't see us getting a lot of backstory.

Another is the plethora of melee weapons (and the same goes for Transformers). What's the deal with all these guys coming with some any swords and knives and such? The Desert Viper comes with a pistol, a rifle, 2 axes, a spear, a sword and a machete. I'm all for throwing in a ton of gear, but remember back in RAH (ok, the 80s RAH) when everyone got gear just for them? And, on that note, which weapon IS the "M.A.R.S. Industries D57 extreme environment electromagnetic rifle"? And, on a side note, the filecard says they (Desert Vipers) like to use the "Smart-Code Rapid-Projectile Nullifier (SCRPN)". What the hell is that?

I guess the Desert Viper is a good example of both problems in one figure.

I also don't like the straight-up repaints. Just how expensive is it to make, at the very least, new heads? Major Bludd, for example, was almost a complete repaint of Zartan...with a new head (and new arm). Same goes for nearly ALL of the comic packs from before the movie. Another good example is the Aqua Viper Officer. Why would this guy get a new head and removable helmet? He's just a generic army builder. I mean if he were an individual character, like Guillotine or Skullbuster. The probability that the head was intended for a new individual character is irrelevant since it wasn't USED for such.

Ok, that was long winded.

Oh, wait, one more thing. I'm not to keen on the peg holes in the backs. The backpacks sometimes don't fit too well.

I've always wondered about this myself. I mean what exactly kept them from adding that extra peg? They obviously know it's better considering that they changed the joe's stands.

Well, at least this one is being fixed for PoC according to the latest Q/As - two pegs on ALL stands.

I have more good things to say about the past two years than gripes but here's my take.......Online Exclusives.....I just got back into collecting, and the 25th run was great, beyond my expectations! It made me feel like I was six again looking for my toy fix in the aisles I had been a stranger to for so long. Online exclusives are frustrating....I wanted to purchase the updated Stinger in droves but the price online was a killer, as well as the Defense of Cobra Island 7 packs, I did snag one from Ross but that was all I ever saw. I like the troop building aspect of it all, so more would be appreciated. ROC had its moments but they did overdo the production a little. Now with the lull in things I have begun to concentrate my efforts to find a 25th Doc to patch up my wounded Joes......good day

the one thing is that they cant stick with one look for longer then 2yrs, ie 25th or classsic line. they left us with so many holes to fill it will be hard to get them down th eroad thank god we got a LL fig in a classic look. unlike footloose and the others from that gay 5 pack.

Price! Crappy repaints, not all repaints are bad, I like the ones in night force colors. I'm on board about the same weapons being packed in and not specialized on the soldier or enemies specialty. The discontinue of the 25th style package and figures. I still, like many others do not understand how this line was not continued with all of it's success. Shire some figures were peg warmers, but all lines experience some peg warmers. Even the almighty dc universe. I'm not a movie figure hater, it had many flaws, but still worth collecting and offered a few cool designs but allowing the classic line to dwindle down to a few exclusives and a couple of inserts under the movie line IMO was as bad a decision as when they did it with the classic transformers line when the movies were released.

Price! Crappy repaints, not all repaints are bad, I like the ones in night force colors. I'm on board about the same weapons being packed in and not specialized on the soldier or enemies specialty. The discontinue of the 25th style package and figures. I still, like many others do not understand how this line was not continued with all of it's success. Shire some figures were peg warmers, but all lines experience some peg warmers. Even the almighty dc universe. I'm not a movie figure hater, it had many flaws, but still worth collecting and offered a few cool designs but allowing the classic line to dwindle down to a few exclusives and a couple of inserts under the movie line IMO was as bad a decision as when they did it with the classic transformers line when the movies were released.

These (and some of the above) sound like major things.

I'm talking the nitpicky stuff here.

Here is another one for me:

Does Se have a definitive sword or not? sometimes he appears to other times he comes with a random one, why not just pick?

For me its the store exclusive thing. KMart, Walmart TRU Target all get special figures or vehicles. Tracking down what I want is too difficult sometimes. I don't even think there is a KMart in my state anymore.

Back in '82 my first figure was Short Fuze. For nostalgia I wanted the 25th version of him. Come to find out he only comes in a Target exclusive tank battle set that is running about $100 online now. Not being a completest, this doesn't work for me.