Wave 14 is on its wayyyyyyyyyy

Superpowers1980

Superpowers1980, how tall is Ultrahumanite compared to say Solomon Grundy or Grodd? I'm still undecided as to whether I want him, and if he's too big, that will pretty much be the determining factor.

I took pics already but didn't have the rest with me. Let me pull out Grundy and Grodd for comparison shots. After church though!

Also, they gave him additional wrist movement. He has articulation like Green Arrow and Blue Beetle, though it is hindered a little bit.

post-12758-12758264512509_thumb.jpgpost-12758-12758264593947_thumb.jpgpost-12758-12758264812234_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Superpowers1980, how tall is Ultrahumanite compared to say Solomon Grundy or Grodd? I'm still undecided as to whether I want him, and if he's too big, that will pretty much be the determining factor.

I took pics already but didn't have the rest with me. Let me pull out Grundy and Grodd for comparison shots. After church though!

Also, they gave him additional wrist movement. He has articulation like Green Arrow and Blue Beetle, though it is hindered a little bit.

post-12758-12758264512509_thumb.jpgpost-12758-12758264593947_thumb.jpgpost-12758-12758264812234_thumb.jpg

Are they just Grodd's arms, cast in grey, or are they a whole new sculpt.

Are they just Grodd's arms, cast in grey, or are they a whole new sculpt.

Yes, they are repaints of Grodd's arms with the same wrist articulation.

Ultra Humanite is shorter than Grundy and a tad bit taller than Grodd.

• Like 1

I think I will wait for a little bit to see if my Wal-Mart will get 14 in but I dought they will have them send my Wal-Mart still has the best of series on the shelfs and 5 more cases in back from one of the ladies I know that works there told me. If I don't see them then I may have to go on E-Bay to get Tyr and Scott (GL).

I don't have the fight in me anymore. I am so sick of exclusives, if I randomly find something, then its cool but I am not doing what I did last year and the year before. It's not fun running around to all these different stores looking for #$## and coming back empty handed, especially in my area where my local WM got 2 sets of Wave 12 and none of the box sets....WTF, yet other stores around me got nothing and some stopped carrying DCUC altogether.

Hey,

I agree 100%, I'm at the point that if i don't find these at the price I want to pay then i'm fine just letting them go.

regards

joshua

I don't understand why some of you guys are so down on Wal-mart. The only stores in my area that have ANY new DCUC product are Wal-marts. I was able to find all of wave 10, most of 11, all of 12 and about half of 13 (so far) at Wal-mart. If it weren't for Wal-mart; I wouldn't be able to collect DCUC, unless I wanted to pay overinflated prices on the internet, and DCUC is expensive enough at retail.

BTW, I am NOT a scalper, I don't go to Wal-mart at all hours of the day or night. I do not buy to sell on the internet. I go when I need to shop or take my family shopping (usually on weekends)and at "normal" hours.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and you guys can hate on Wal-mart all you want, but I just can't find any new stuff anywhere but Wal-mart.

Toys R Us and K-mart have a decent selection of Wave 11, but nothing newer than that all year.TRUS does have the exclusive Hal Jordan in the metallic colored uniform but that's it. Don't even get me started on Target. The Targets in my area (5) haven't had any new DCUC product for close to a year!

So; while I may have some issues with Wal-mart's policies here and there, when it comes to DCUC, they are the top dog in my area.

Exactly! WM is the only place that is really activily stocking DCUC, so I don't get the oh I hate WM bit towards them. Because without them I don't think we would have DCUC at this point.

Draven

Exactly! WM is the only place that is really activily stocking DCUC, so I don't get the oh I hate WM bit towards them. Because without them I don't think we would have DCUC at this point.

Draven

Hey everyone,

I'll revise my statement... I don't hate walmart, usually they're the cheapest and most plentiful place to find DCUC. That being said, DCUC is still an expensive toy for a general buck and specific headsculpt. While they might be more plentiful... a tiny bit is alot compared to nothing.

I don't have anything against walmart, i just can't stand DCUC price and distribution.

regards

Joshua

Well why I hate my Wal-Mart is because they have never caring the ones that are ex. for Wal-Mart so I always have to get the ones I want from E-Bay and like I said one of the workers there that see me there all the time has told me that they still have about 5 cases of Best of DCU figures in the back and when I went there today they had 20 on the shelfs so that is why I complane about my Wal-Mart so I know I will never see them at my place.

I think I will wait for a little bit to see if my Wal-Mart will get 14 in but I dought they will have them send my Wal-Mart still has the best of series on the shelfs and 5 more cases in back from one of the ladies I know that works there told me. If I don't see them then I may have to go on E-Bay to get Tyr and Scott (GL).

I don't have the fight in me anymore. I am so sick of exclusives, if I randomly find something, then its cool but I am not doing what I did last year and the year before. It's not fun running around to all these different stores looking for #$## and coming back empty handed, especially in my area where my local WM got 2 sets of Wave 12 and none of the box sets....WTF, yet other stores around me got nothing and some stopped carrying DCUC altogether.

Hey,

I agree 100%, I'm at the point that if i don't find these at the price I want to pay then i'm fine just letting them go.

regards

joshua

I don't understand why some of you guys are so down on Wal-mart. The only stores in my area that have ANY new DCUC product are Wal-marts. I was able to find all of wave 10, most of 11, all of 12 and about half of 13 (so far) at Wal-mart. If it weren't for Wal-mart; I wouldn't be able to collect DCUC, unless I wanted to pay overinflated prices on the internet, and DCUC is expensive enough at retail.

BTW, I am NOT a scalper, I don't go to Wal-mart at all hours of the day or night. I do not buy to sell on the internet. I go when I need to shop or take my family shopping (usually on weekends)and at "normal" hours.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and you guys can hate on Wal-mart all you want, but I just can't find any new stuff anywhere but Wal-mart.

Toys R Us and K-mart have a decent selection of Wave 11, but nothing newer than that all year.TRUS does have the exclusive Hal Jordan in the metallic colored uniform but that's it. Don't even get me started on Target. The Targets in my area (5) haven't had any new DCUC product for close to a year!

So; while I may have some issues with Wal-mart's policies here and there, when it comes to DCUC, they are the top dog in my area.

The problem is that not every Walmart is the same. True that Walmart is now the retail driving force for DCUC but they are so inconsistent. Your walmart may be good but that is not the case around the country.

• Like 1

SSPX0136.jpg

This is one of my two closest Wal-Marts. One wave 10 Forager and one wave 11 Cyborg Superman, the rest all wave 12.

I'm not expecting to see wave 14 there.

That is lovely and therein lies the problem. My local Walmart didn't get any of Wave 12 or they only got one case, so now your local is stuck with multiple sets..............stupid, stupid, Walmart.

• Like 1

So that is why I never saw any wave 12 out over here.

So that is why I never saw any wave 12 out over here.

Lol wow I've never seen that many DCUC at one time in a store, either. I think I remember a picture of an endcap of Wave 10 that someone posted before. If I were there I'd buy a Copperhead, Spectre and Desaad and finish out Wave 12. I see they still have a Gotham City set, too.

SSPX0136.jpg

This is one of my two closest Wal-Marts. One wave 10 Forager and one wave 11 Cyborg Superman, the rest all wave 12.

Holy crap man!

This line really is feast or famine.

Come on Mattel, don't you have representatives that go to retail chains to check store inventory in regions and what-not like most businesses do? Why in the hell is distribution for this toy brand so completely and utterly f@cked up?! Still!

If the do have retail representatives; then I'm afraid to say they're not doing their job. At least in my region.

They've gotten better with distribution, but there are definitely still problems.

I wish I could agree, but here in Northeast Ohio it's still largely crap. Which is a shame; because Columbus area usually has a wonderful selection, or I should say, wonderful compared to Cleveland when I visit the area.

Also when I visit friends in Wisconsin the selection there is also rubbish. Target and TrU locations.

Target seems to be almost a lost cause for DCUC, I definitely agree with you there. TRU is slow but they do seem to get stuff in - they just run a wave or two behind nowadays. Wally seems to be hit and miss.

I just remember back when the line started, it was even more difficult to find. It stunk.

SSPX0136.jpg

WOW Darthfoley ....LOL, I've been collecting DCUC since it was DCSH and I've never seen that many figures in one store at one time. Does that store sell a lot of DCUC? Well at least the figures are sort of new.The stores in my area have one of each if they even have all of them at the same time.

The point I was trying to make was that at least Wal-mart has new or semi-new figures while their competitors have little or nothing.

Unfortunately, no, that store doesn't sell a lot of DCUC. That shelf has been like that for a month and a half or so.

And, the Forager and Cyborg I'm pretty sure were returns from other stores as I never saw either wave at this location. Before this the last thing they'd gotten was the 'Best of' revision stuff.

Now see at least it's wave 12!! Now as for the Wal Mart closest 2 me; imagine that scene only with frigging waves 6 and 7!!! Now you'll understand my frustration!!!

Iazrod wrote:

I don't understand why some of you guys are so down on Wal-mart.

Because they suck in my area, that's why. And a lot of other people in other areas have the same problem. I have never seen more than a small handful of figures (say 6 at most) at any Wal-mart (or TRU or Target or whatever) in the Chicagoland area. And keep in mind, I hit numerous stores in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs. At least half a dozen Wal-marts in Chicago and these suburbs - Forest Park, Northlake, Hodgkins, Villa Park, Niles, Bedford Park, Bridgeview, Darien, etc.

Same for TRU - Chicago, Burbank, Melrose Park, North Riverside, Downer's Grove, Niles, etc.

And none of them are ever current. I have not yet seen any of Wave 13, and I have yet to see any of Wave 9 outside of Black Canary, who is ubiquitous, albeit with broken knees in most cases. I finally saw Green Arrow the other day. Just this past month they finally got in 2 figures from Wave 11.

I just came back from a vacation out in Dayton, OH, and the story there was the same. The TRU stores had nothing, Walmart had nothing. Just a few old figures from old waves.

So really, it's Mattel that sucks the worst, because their distribution sucks more than a vacuum.

If not for online ordering, I could never collect this toy line. And I live in the 3rd largest metropolitan area in the country! Go figure!

• Like 1