Megan Fox Not In TF3...

Nguyen_Dragon

She couldn't act. As eluded to, she was window dressing and eye-candy.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a female lead, whether it is Fox or someone else. And if it IS someone else, hopeuflly she will be able to act.

Of course, TF2 had a few more problems than one non-actress poping up every now and then, hopefully they can fix those too.

Crazy suggestion: give the Autobots personality!

We going to need another director for that... I am hoping he will finish his trilogy and move on...

me too mate then maybe they can make the transformers film we all wanted from the start

Maybe they can reboot it like they are doing with Spiderman...

She couldn't act. As eluded to, she was window dressing and eye-candy.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a female lead, whether it is Fox or someone else. And if it IS someone else, hopeuflly she will be able to act.

Of course, TF2 had a few more problems than one non-actress poping up every now and then, hopefully they can fix those too.

Crazy suggestion: give the Autobots personality!

Ha, can't argue with that! Lets not forget the Decepticons too though.

Okay guys...I may get alot of flak for what I'm about to say, but...I really don't think ROTF was as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

First of all, I'm no fan of Megan Fox the person (she says too many stupid things) (lol), but I think she's been a good actress in the Transformers films.

Second, I love all of the fight scenes, especially the ones involving Prime.

Third, and this may sound really shallow and dim-witted of me, but...the Transformers films are all about the visuals for me. As long as the story is somewhat intelligible, I just want to watch giant robots transforming at high speed and blowing the crap outta one-another. (lol) Seriously, my favorite parts are whenever someone transforms. I'm just fascinated by the sheer complexity and realism of it. They did just an outstanding job with the computer effects.

Now I'm not saying there's not any flaws. Of course there are. For example, I could have done without all of the humping. It was completely vulgar and unwarranted. Also, why did we need Sam's irritating roommate? Weren't "The Twins" and ex-Agent Simmons annoying enough? And I loved the Wheelie character, but...again, why did we see a robot humping Megan Fox's leg?! Good grief...

And I do at times think this movie was rushed into production. It wasn't as solid as the first film. I consider the first one to be durn-near perfect.

I'm going off on a tangent here. I didn't mean to make this a discussion of ROTF, or the films in general for that matter. That's been done to death I know. I just don't think Megan Fox has been bad in these films. Yes, she seems trashy at times and she runs her mouth too much in the real world, but that doesn't make her a bad actress, although I've heard Jennifer's Body was atrocious. (lol)

Was she in the buff in that movie?

I just hate when they have the bots fighting the action is too fast and you lose track of who is fighting who

I do hate the designs especially that of the other Decepticons in the desert and what is up with Devastator climbing the pyrimid while the constructicons were on the ground fighting.Plus the Smithsonian opening up to the airplane graveyard in the desert whne the Smithsonian is in DC.

It was rushed we never got to see more of Arcee,Sideswipe ...nothing then next thing you know some of them are dead like they meaqnt nothing.

I just hate when they have the bots fighting the action is too fast and you lose track of who is fighting who

Yeah...there were times it was hard to follow, but I think they were going for the "you are there" shots, and it would indeed be that way if you were at ground level watching it all. I think completely in-frame shots made at a distance where you could see every move would have seemed predictable and boring, in my humble opinion. But yeah...the Bumblebee vs. Barricade fight was a blur.

I do hate the designs especially that of the other Decepticons in the desert and what is up with Devastator climbing the pyrimid while the constructicons were on the ground fighting.Plus the Smithsonian opening up to the airplane graveyard in the desert whne the Smithsonian is in DC.

I don't mind the designs so much. Actually I personally love most of them. Sometimes the Decepticons, especially the smaller ones, are a little too "bristly" or spindly-looking. But they do look evil, so I guess that was the point. If they didn't look somewhat different from the Autobots, then those hard-to-follow fights would have been even harder to follow.

Concerning the whole "Devastator-is-on-the-pyramid-yet-we-see-Constructicons-on-the-ground" debacle, I too thought it was a huge mistake by the filmmakers. It's as if they had so much going on, or they were so rushed in getting this movie finished, that they made this huge mistake but left it in and hoped no one would notice. It's probably my second-biggest gripe with this movie. (The crude humor is my first...)

And...it never occured to me what you pointed out about the Smithsonian. Did we miss something, or was that a huge mistake as well?!

It was rushed we never got to see more of Arcee,Sideswipe ...nothing then next thing you know some of them are dead like they meaqnt nothing.

True, but that's the problem you run into whenever you have a cast of thousands that the Transformers universe could provide. How do you introduce so many great characters yet include the original ones from the first film and keep everybody relevant? Regardless, I too thought Sideswipe and Arcee were sorely under-used. I just hope we see Hot Rod in some form in the next one.

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to hijack this thread. (lol)

Well, unfortunately, they did mean nothing. That's the problem with having bots with no personalities. Who cares if they get blown away? There's more cool bots to take their place.

Is this new chick going to play the same character or be someone new? I don't see the point in taking time in the story to explain away Megan then introduce New Girl. Not when there are so many more interesting things they could be doing with the time. Besides....I predict one more movie before the reboot anyway. Three is the magic number for these things.

Well, unfortunately, they did mean nothing. That's the problem with having bots with no personalities. Who cares if they get blown away? There's more cool bots to take their place.

Is this new chick going to play the same character or be someone new? I don't see the point in taking time in the story to explain away Megan then introduce New Girl. Not when there are so many more interesting things they could be doing with the time. Besides....I predict one more movie before the reboot anyway. Three is the magic number for these things.

Supposedly a new love interest for Sam that makes more sense... I dont know how much sense that makes...

Supposedly a new love interest for Sam that makes more sense... I dont know how much sense that makes...

It meant nothing because they weren't given personalites they gave personalities to those stupid twins instead of characters who could be linked back to G1

I know we didn't get much of a story with the G1 Skids but I was hoping the Movie Skids would follow the G1 Comic book verison but that never happen.

I personally think it's far better to have just a good looking actress that can act over a hot one like Megan Fox who can't! At this point Megan Fox is really starting to get on my nerves. I would love to see someone like, maybe Summer Glau. She's a much better actress. Megan Fox just comes across soooo fake to me when she attempts to read her lines. I personally thought that blonde actress that was assisting our government in the first film was was way more interesting and believable. And she was extremely hot too!

Yeah...there were times it was hard to follow, but I think they were going for the "you are there" shots, and it would indeed be that way if you were at ground level watching it all. I think completely in-frame shots made at a distance where you could see every move would have seemed predictable and boring, in my humble opinion. But yeah...the Bumblebee vs. Barricade fight was a blur.

That is part of the new thing for action movies now, the whole "in your face YOUR part of the scene" crap. I'm not THERE, so I want to see what's going on, not blurs. The thing you have to remember though is the shear volume of CGI they had to use for a movie like this. They have to do the fight scenes "fast" because to do them slower would ruin the fantasy that the CGI characters are physically present.

I don't mind the designs so much. Actually I personally love most of them. Sometimes the Decepticons, especially the smaller ones, are a little too "bristly" or spindly-looking. But they do look evil, so I guess that was the point. If they didn't look somewhat different from the Autobots, then those hard-to-follow fights would have been even harder to follow.

Concerning the whole "Devastator-is-on-the-pyramid-yet-we-see-Constructicons-on-the-ground" debacle, I too thought it was a huge mistake by the filmmakers. It's as if they had so much going on, or they were so rushed in getting this movie finished, that they made this huge mistake but left it in and hoped no one would notice. It's probably my second-biggest gripe with this movie. (The crude humor is my first...)

And...it never occured to me what you pointed out about the Smithsonian. Did we miss something, or was that a huge mistake as well?!

Yeah, they got cheaped out in some of those battles. There were a few Decepticons that didn't even HAVE bodies (think the "meteor modes" of Prime and Bumblebee from the first movie before they scanned vehicles). They reused Blackout's models form the first movie, so why not Barricade's as well? That would at least let you know what happened to the character.

True, but that's the problem you run into whenever you have a cast of thousands that the Transformers universe could provide. How do you introduce so many great characters yet include the original ones from the first film and keep everybody relevant? Regardless, I too thought Sideswipe and Arcee were sorely under-used. I just hope we see Hot Rod in some form in the next one.

Sorry guys. I didn't mean to hijack this thread. (lol)

Simple. The characters from the first movie, Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Starscream, etc. (the surviving characters that is), theoretically, already HAD character development from the first movie. They are established characters in the second. Therefore the "budget for character development" didn't need to go to them but to the new characters.

There are two problems with that. The TF characters in the first movie had next to NO character development at all (other than Prime and Bumblebee). Secondly, the ENTIRE "budget for character development" for the second movie seemed to have gone to the twins (as others pointed out).

How do you make them relevant? You just DO. Take Jolt for example. He just shows up out of the blue and doesn't even have any lines, but AT THE LEAST they gave him a role with those lame whips.