Nekkid Cheetah at Mattycollector

Da Top Cat

I am glad you got the naked Cheetah Harry! As far as your Darkseid body goes, I have built two Darkseid's and both bodys came without the neck peg. The peg for that came with Darkseid's head and stuck down in the body for both of mine. I am not sure if some people's were different, but that is how both of the ones I built were.

Thanks BlackLantern. And thanks you and darthfoley letting me know about the neck peg. I just figured it was missing b/c it just kind of looks like they should have placed the barbell in the neck first. And Draven I like the white outfit Mary Marvel now that I have one lol. The production quality looks really good too, like Waves Nine, Ten and Eleven which IMO were definitely the high points compared to all of the production problems that have plagued this series so far. Wave Thirteen was my favorite wave since Wave Ten, but unfortunately there seems to be a lot of sloppy paint, soft, stuck joints and waxier, crappier looking plastic. Good luck to everyone still looking these.

Yep man! Wave 13 is my fav wave since 10 too but the paints and plastic did take a step back! :( Hopefully 14 goes in the other direction! And I looked at my carded dark red Mary and I'll be damned! The tores did not come with the peg! I wonder why I thought it did?! @loll@

Draven

anybody can hook it up with a naked cheetah lmk in a pm thanks

SCORED A NAKED CHEETAH.........didn't have to use Amazon or eBay.........whoopiee!!!!!

What did you trade for it?

No trade, I bought it I was NOT going to pay the recently inflated prices on ebay, people want 50 to 60 bucks for the figure and the loose version is going for 35-40 bucks now.

SCORED A NAKED CHEETAH.........didn't have to use Amazon or eBay.........whoopiee!!!!!

No trade, I bought it I was NOT going to pay the recently inflated prices on ebay, people want 50 to 60 bucks for the figure and the loose version is going for 35-40 bucks now.

So someone helped you out with this figure...good for you. I have it and it is NOT worth what people are paying for it. It should have been regular released variant to begin with.

Thanks BlackLantern. And thanks you and darthfoley letting me know about the neck peg. I just figured it was missing b/c it just kind of looks like they should have placed the barbell in the neck first. And Draven I like the white outfit Mary Marvel now that I have one lol. The production quality looks really good too, like Waves Nine, Ten and Eleven which IMO were definitely the high points compared to all of the production problems that have plagued this series so far. Wave Thirteen was my favorite wave since Wave Ten, but unfortunately there seems to be a lot of sloppy paint, soft, stuck joints and waxier, crappier looking plastic. Good luck to everyone still looking these.

Yeah, the quality control on Wave 13 is really poor, like the Mojo wave of Marvel Legends. It's not as bad as Wave 5, but it's close. Every Golden Age Cheetah I see looks like she's sunburned, and Donna's eyes just look weird on all the ones I've found.

So someone helped you out with this figure...good for you. I have it and it is NOT worth what people are paying for it. It should have been regular released variant to begin with.

Agreed!! I don't know why they changed her so far into production, I think the census shows that people would of preferred the naked version to the black clothed one, but I guess it does make some sense considering the current version that is in the comic books. The prices on ebay are crazy and aren't worth the figure.

Yeah, the quality control on Wave 13 is really poor, like the Mojo wave of Marvel Legends. It's not as bad as Wave 5, but it's close. Every Golden Age Cheetah I see looks like she's sunburned, and Donna's eyes just look weird on all the ones I've found.

It's certainly a really mixed bag. The production values on Blue Beetle and Superboy seem to be the best overall. But Superboy's neck articulation was manufactured weird. It feels like the neck barbell will break when you try to turn the head. And he can look down really far but he can't look up, which is kind of stupid since that's one figure you'd want in flying poses. Trigon's cape is amazing and the quality control on it impressed me a lot. The right leg on mine doesn't want to stay in, though. I also wish they would have sculpted his boot tops and not just painted them on. And there is annoying super glue on the side of my sample's head. Donna should have been a really hot figure but the lousy paint messes it up. And the thigh articulation does feel like it's going to rip or tear every time you turn it. I know what you're saying about Cheetah but it doesn't really bother me that bad. It looks good to me. Both of the modern versions look fine to me, too, but the head sculpt works better with the clothed version. The nude one does look great, though. I wish she had the fur sculpted in all over like she does near the end of her tail, but we all know that kind of detailing would probably always be considered to be too expensive for tooling. Blue Devil, a figure I was looking forward to a lot but mine has sloppy paint and the paint looks like a rushed custom job. I'd say compare the blue paint on his costume to Power Girl's and you'd see how bad the paint looks compared to hers. And mine came with a melt mark already on the right shoulder. Negative Man, the paint looks choppy and the boots are swirly and crappy looking, like wax that is chipping or something. I don't have the variant or Cyclotron yet. It's just weird when you look at all the figures from the same assortment and notice how the quality varies so much. I don't know, its my favorite assortment of characters since Wave Ten, but its too bad the quality control stunk.

Whew, edit to that long paragrph... I did get Cyclotron today since it was at a local Walmart. I wasn't going to go out of my way to get one or pay extra shipping for it, but I'm glad I found one in a store. I never had the original but I've seen it before and the DCUC figure is a pretty awesome tribute. Quality control ain't too bad on mine, but the hip articulation seems a little unsturdy.

Agreed!! I don't know why they changed her so far into production, I think the census shows that people would of preferred the naked version to the black clothed one, but I guess it does make some sense considering the current version that is in the comic books. The prices on ebay are crazy and aren't worth the figure.

If the nude Cheetah has stopped shipping then she probably will remain one of the most expensive sought after figures in the entire series. I mean it is a technically naked female character, I doubt it would have ever been sold at retail but who knows. I still think it might be the version you get if you order the set from matty in July. I wonder how many really were produced compared to any other figure. It would be nice to get an official explanation, but Mattel's "official explanations" often don't explain anything, so.

I asked Toyguru this question over on the Ask Matty forum, and this is what he said:

"The vintage Cheetah and the black pants/tank top Cheetah will be in the Mattycollector.com set. The all fur version was apparently accidently shipped to a few online sellers. This was in error. The all fur version is coming, but not in the wave 13 set.

Scott"

This was posted over at MattyCollector so Naked Cheetah wont be shipping with Matty's wave 13. But Toyguru said they are going to get them out.

Thanks for posting the info Bjjer, Ok, if they say it's no, then no, newd Cheetah won't be shipping with those sets. But they also said that you would NOT receive the phasing Deadman with the Wave 11 matty set, but many people claim they did. And didn't they at one time say they were going to get the all gold Dr. Fate and the non blue facepaint Harley out, too? It still doesn't really answer anything. But it seems like from the way that was worded that they did intentionally put them into production after making the switch to the black suit version, they just didn't intend for some of them to be shipped to some online retailers already. I guess it's more exciting to think that they accidentally made a few hundred and realized the mistake and that's it, but that may not be true. I personally don't think there will be many more of them released anymore but I'd love to be proven wrong so everyone who wants one can easily get one.

I've got the perfect idea for the next Walmart box set, though... nekkid Cheetah, modern Red Tornado, all white face paint Harley, all gold Dr. Fate and Gentleman Ghostbiggrin.gif .

It's certainly a really mixed bag. The production values on Blue Beetle and Superboy seem to be the best overall. But Superboy's neck articulation was manufactured weird. It feels like the neck barbell will break when you try to turn the head. And he can look down really far but he can't look up, which is kind of stupid since that's one figure you'd want in flying poses. Trigon's cape is amazing and the quality control on it impressed me a lot. The right leg on mine doesn't want to stay in, though. I also wish they would have sculpted his boot tops and not just painted them on. And there is annoying super glue on the side of my sample's head. Donna should have been a really hot figure but the lousy paint messes it up. And the thigh articulation does feel like it's going to rip or tear every time you turn it. I know what you're saying about Cheetah but it doesn't really bother me that bad. It looks good to me. Both of the modern versions look fine to me, too, but the head sculpt works better with the clothed version. The nude one does look great, though. I wish she had the fur sculpted in all over like she does near the end of her tail, but we all know that kind of detailing would probably always be considered to be too expensive for tooling. Blue Devil, a figure I was looking forward to a lot but mine has sloppy paint and the paint looks like a rushed custom job. I'd say compare the blue paint on his costume to Power Girl's and you'd see how bad the paint looks compared to hers. And mine came with a melt mark already on the right shoulder. Negative Man, the paint looks choppy and the boots are swirly and crappy looking, like wax that is chipping or something. I don't have the variant or Cyclotron yet. It's just weird when you look at all the figures from the same assortment and notice how the quality varies so much. I don't know, its my favorite assortment of characters since Wave Ten, but its too bad the quality control stunk.

Whew, edit to that long paragrph... I did get Cyclotron today since it was at a local Walmart. I wasn't going to go out of my way to get one or pay extra shipping for it, but I'm glad I found one in a store. I never had the original but I've seen it before and the DCUC figure is a pretty awesome tribute. Quality control ain't too bad on mine, but the hip articulation seems a little unsturdy.

Yeah, Blue Beetle is pretty much perfect and Superboy comes close. Like you said, the neck doesn't move well, and I would like it if his glasses were removable. The Blue Devil I got has a good paintjob overall. I get what you're saying about the coloring, but I still love the figure. Both of the modern Cheetahs look great. Classic Cheetah is kind of like Harley and the DCSH Catwoman, the headsculpt is great, but the coloring on her face bugs me. Donna's eyes just look weird on all the ones I've seen, like she's on drugs or something. The Negative Man and Cyclotron I got both have this problem where their necks are too loose. I can get them to pose, but if I move them at all, the heads just roll around, very frustrating.

My Trigon turned out nicely, the cape is really well done like you said.

Thanks for letting me know about the Superboy. I wasn't sure if they were all like that or not. AFAIK, all Donnas have the poorly painted eyes. My Negative Man's neck artic is as tight as can be, but my Cyclotron has a bit of a wobbly head.

Donna is pretty much always screwed up! Cyclotron all have wobble heads! And every Blue Beatle ive had or held has gummy plastic too! Matty really dropped the ball on this wave.

Draven

Donna is pretty much always screwed up! Cyclotron all have wobble heads! And every Blue Beatle ive had or held has gummy plastic too! Matty really dropped the ball on this wave.

Draven

mine suffered non of those problems.

Thanks for letting me know about the Superboy. I wasn't sure if they were all like that or not. AFAIK, all Donnas have the poorly painted eyes. My Negative Man's neck artic is as tight as can be, but my Cyclotron has a bit of a wobbly head.

Out of all the things I've said here lately, this is the comment that gets a negative? Hehe, too bad whoever gave me the negative would never have the balls to admit it, much less explain why.

Out of all the things I've said here lately, this is the comment that gets a negative? Hehe, too bad whoever gave me the negative would never have the balls to admit it, much less explain why.

Who are you telling, consider yourself lucky, almost everything I say gets a negative no matter what it is I say. Someone on this board has a serious problem with me and is too chumpie, just like you said to admit it. Weird place this can become at times.