Nekkid Cheetah at Mattycollector

Da Top Cat

Does anyone have any proof of this error, like a picture of the figure in packaging? I order from CSC and received my order but never came across an offer for a naked Cheetah figure, I got the variant that was listed.

dcuccheetah.jpg

nekid.jpg

• Like 2

Does anyone have any proof of this error, like a picture of the figure in packaging? I order from CSC and received my order but never came across an offer for a naked Cheetah figure, I got the variant that was listed.

dcuccheetah.jpg

nekid.jpg

Thanks man, I simply can't believe it. This is the first big annoyance of 2010 from Mattel. So let's recap 2009

1. Gleek

2. Shortage of Wave 9

3. Wave 10 Walmart exclusive

Starting off for 2010

1. Cheetah variant mishap

The problem I have with this is that the re-release of the variant will not be on a Wave 13 backer, which means the price of this one will skyrocket and become some sort of Holy Grail.

dcuccheetah.jpg

nekid.jpg

Thanks man, I simply can't believe it. This is the first big annoyance of 2010 from Mattel. So let's recap 2009

1. Gleek

2. Shortage of Wave 9

Starting off for 2010

The problem I have with this is that the re-release of the variant will not be on a Wave 13 backer, which means the price of this one will skyrocket and become some sort of Holy Grail.

they've showed up on amazon for 15.00 + free shipping. chances are....you'll find one.

• Like 1

1. Gleek

2. Shortage of Wave 9

Starting off for 2010

they've showed up on amazon for 15.00 + free shipping. chances are....you'll find one.

I'll be looking for her now.....did you by any chance snag her up?

• Like 1

I checked Amazon and could not find anyone showing a picture of the naked Cheetah. Either way, the ones that were on Amazon were probably a comic shop that got an accidental case just like CSC did, who knows really. The reason I say what I say about it is because Mattel has said nothing about this situation. They said they had "plans" in the future for the animal skin Cheetah, but they said the same thing about an all gold Dr. Fate and other figures, and that never happened. Its obvious that no business can order them from Mattel, otherwise BBTS and other online stores would have them too. The ones on Amazon were either being sold by someone who got them from CSC, OR the people selling them on Amazon got an accidental case just like CSC did.

You guys are talking about the Wave 13 pictures showing this Cheetah on MattyCollector, but it says in the description for the Wave 13 set "identical to figures sold at retail". It would not say this if the Cheetah was going to be different than retail. It would actually explain that ordering from them would get you THAT Cheetah if that were the situation. Think about it, they would make ALOT more money if they said that, with it not being at retail, and they are in it to make money, so if that were the case, it would say that and not "identical to figures sold at retail".

I see where you guys are coming from, and I hope they turn up everywhere as well, but the situation being what it is with only ONE online store selling them, you have to admit its strange, and since Mattel is saying NOTHING about this, it COULD be the only time we ever see it. It also could be everywhere before too long, but I highly doubt this is a running change. I don't see why they would change it once for retail, then change it again.

"Identical to figures sold at retail" could be interpreted several different ways. They could just be saying that in case a customer was wondering if the matty versions come in the same style of blister card packaging as figures sold at retail, or if they are packaged differently for direct sales. Besides, why the hell did they put up a pic where the figures are obviously not identical to the versions sold at retail.

I don't even really care all that much anymore. I still want 'em because they look cool, but after a while I actually started liking the track suit version better. And it makes more sense design wise. That's how the character currently appears in comics (well, close enough, I guess), and the head sculpt works much better with an intelligent, cunning Minerva that an animalistic, savage one. I already have the black suit version and the Priscilla Rich one, so if don't get nekkid ones in the order I'll just return them.

Well I just got the nekkid one from Amazon today so CSC wasnt the only place that got them in. You had to order from Amazon themselves, not a retailer using the site. It came out to $14.99 with free shipping if you sign up for a free Prime trial. So if you want this version go to Amazon.

Well I just got the nekkid one from Amazon today so CSC wasnt the only place that got them in. You had to order from Amazon themselves, not a retailer using the site. It came out to $14.99 with free shipping if you sign up for a free Prime trial. So if you want this version go to Amazon.

Do you mind saying how long the wait was between placing the order and delivery? I got the Super Saver shipping, but I think the delivery estimate was a couple of weeks.

Do you mind saying how long the wait was between placing the order and delivery? I got the Super Saver shipping, but I think the delivery estimate was a couple of weeks.

With the free Prime trial they offered a two day delivery option. I ordered it on Monday afternoon and received it today.

1. Gleek

2. Shortage of Wave 9

Starting off for 2010

I'll be looking for her now.....did you by any chance snag her up?

nope. I'm in the process of moving, but I'm definitely gonna get one! I'll probably f**k around and get the classic too...might as well have all 3. Hell, I still need Negative Man, Blue Devil, and Cyclotron.

• Like 1

I checked Amazon and could not find anyone showing a picture of the naked Cheetah. Either way, the ones that were on Amazon were probably a comic shop that got an accidental case just like CSC did, who knows really. The reason I say what I say about it is because Mattel has said nothing about this situation. They said they had "plans" in the future for the animal skin Cheetah, but they said the same thing about an all gold Dr. Fate and other figures, and that never happened. Its obvious that no business can order them from Mattel, otherwise BBTS and other online stores would have them too. The ones on Amazon were either being sold by someone who got them from CSC, OR the people selling them on Amazon got an accidental case just like CSC did.

You guys are talking about the Wave 13 pictures showing this Cheetah on MattyCollector, but it says in the description for the Wave 13 set "identical to figures sold at retail". It would not say this if the Cheetah was going to be different than retail. It would actually explain that ordering from them would get you THAT Cheetah if that were the situation. Think about it, they would make ALOT more money if they said that, with it not being at retail, and they are in it to make money, so if that were the case, it would say that and not "identical to figures sold at retail".

I see where you guys are coming from, and I hope they turn up everywhere as well, but the situation being what it is with only ONE online store selling them, you have to admit its strange, and since Mattel is saying NOTHING about this, it COULD be the only time we ever see it. It also could be everywhere before too long, but I highly doubt this is a running change. I don't see why they would change it once for retail, then change it again.

Why won't you just admit your info was wrong or you idea is not looking like it is. I mean come on, if I say something that turns out to be untrue I will admit it!! Amazon had them as of Monday night still. Everyone that ordered from the last stock from Amazon has gotten the naked Cheetah!! EVERYONE that is getting them that is posting here or elsewhere is Naked! You have to buy the one that said direct from amazon themselves and styles may vary. The first batch they had was all black modern ones, this time its been all naked. Not a personal attack. I just don't get why you want to try and find any reason for it not to be true and that its going to be ubber rare or something.

Draven

Why won't you just admit your info was wrong or you idea is not looking like it is. I mean come on, if I say something that turns out to be untrue I will admit it!! Amazon had them as of Monday night still. Everyone that ordered from the last stock from Amazon has gotten the naked Cheetah!! EVERYONE that is getting them that is posting here or elsewhere is Naked! You have to buy the one that said direct from amazon themselves and styles may vary. The first batch they had was all black modern ones, this time its been all naked. Not a personal attack. I just don't get why you want to try and find any reason for it not to be true and that its going to be ubber rare or something.

Draven

WHO CARES?! if he chooses not to believe....that's on him.

• Like 1

Draven

WHO CARES?! if he chooses not to believe....that's on him.

I don't know what you guys are fighting about but thanks for the info because I was able to find a Naked Cheetah figure. Of course I ignored this thread originally and missed the ones on Amazon so it's the 30.00 one for me......uhhhh the price is killer.

Got my Cheetah today from Amazon and guess what I got??? :D Nekkid cat goodness!!! I am so happy I took a chance and got one! I am so glad I didn't pay $30+ for one on CSC now!! I got one for less than retail thanks to Amazon!! :) Much much nicer fig than the blk outfit one and I can't wait to rip her open after work and put her up with my DC figs!

Draven

Got my Cheetah today from Amazon and guess what I got??? biggrin.gif Nekkid cat goodness!!! I am so happy I took a chance and got one! I am so glad I didn't pay $30+ for one on CSC now!! I got one for less than retail thanks to Amazon!! smile.gif Much much nicer fig than the blk outfit one and I can't wait to rip her open after work and put her up with my DC figs!

Draven

Good for you man! I'm kind of worried that because I chose the free shipping instead of that trial offer deal, by the time they ship my order they will have sold out of the nude version. I just wasn't comfortable with that trial offer and didn't want them charging me a lot of money if I forgot to cancel it, so I just ordered enough figures to qualify for free shipping instead.

Draven

I know its not a personal attack, and I know now what you mean about Amazon. The info that CSC accidently got them is completely true. Amazon also accidently got them. No one knows any truth about these besides that, and what I was originally saying was just what I heard. Nothing more. Also, a few of my friends ordered the "Styles May Vary" Cheetah from Amazon, and I ordered it right at the same time they did, and I was the only one who got the aminal skin Cheetah, and we all ordered actually FROM Amazon themselves, not a third party selling on Amazon. It is 100% fact that this figure will end up being rare, and maybe not super rare, but rare. With that being said, all I am really saying is, if you want this figure and have a chance to get it, you should snag it because you may not have alot of chances. Not trying to say you are wrong by any means Draven.

so does that mean i have missed out bcuz all i c on amazon says 20.01, the bigger question on the cheetah figure is how long til we start seeing cheetara kitbashes

Draven

I know its not a personal attack, and I know now what you mean about Amazon. The info that CSC accidently got them is completely true. Amazon also accidently got them. No one knows any truth about these besides that, and what I was originally saying was just what I heard. Nothing more. Also, a few of my friends ordered the "Styles May Vary" Cheetah from Amazon, and I ordered it right at the same time they did, and I was the only one who got the aminal skin Cheetah, and we all ordered actually FROM Amazon themselves, not a third party selling on Amazon. It is 100% fact that this figure will end up being rare, and maybe not super rare, but rare. With that being said, all I am really saying is, if you want this figure and have a chance to get it, you should snag it because you may not have alot of chances. Not trying to say you are wrong by any means Draven.

Nudie Cheetah will probably be Gentleman Ghost or Eradicator rare. I don't think it'll be thought of as cancelled Power Man or Psylocke rare. And I'm still waiting for whatever they wound up sending me. They've been shipped, but they hold them in limbo for days if you choose teh free shipping, and that sucks. The only thing I don't like about your comments is, you say things, but you're vague about it. You don't say whether or not you ordered the $14.99 version or ordered after they were sold out.

Nudie Cheetah will probably be Gentleman Ghost or Eradicator rare. I don't think it'll be thought of as cancelled Power Man or Psylocke rare. And I'm still waiting for whatever they wound up sending me. They've been shipped, but they hold them in limbo for days if you choose teh free shipping, and that sucks. The only thing I don't like about your comments is, you say things, but you're vague about it. You don't say whether or not you ordered the $14.99 version or ordered after they were sold out.

Me and my friends all ordered the $14.99 "Styles May Vary" Cheetah FROM Amazon. We all ordered from the same computer, one after the next. Out of all of us, I was the only one to get the animal skin Cheetah. This was after Amazon had sold out and then had them back up. I was not trying to be vague, sorry about that. I hope you get the animal skin version as well. I might end up with a couple sealed, so if that happens, I could get one to you if Amazon did not get that one to you.

Also, I was thinking it would be about as rare as Gentleman Ghost, but GG was actually sold at retail, so its hard to compare even though I definately would say thats how it will be probably. I could be wrong though, and it could be everywhere in a month, no one really knows really.

Lastly, as far as Amazon goes, ordering from them directly has always been fine, but 90% of the time that I have ordered from a third party just selling through Amazon, everything about the item I order sucks. The packages always look like someone ran over them with a truck. Its just sad really. So, if you ever order from Amazon, I would recommend only ordering from them, not a third party selling through them.

• Like 1

Well that is stand up of you offering to help Harry if you have extras. My friend got one today from Amazon from the third round and it was naked. I think she will be rarer than Gentleman Ghost if she never hits full on retail somewhere. I guess we will not no until Matty responds about it. I was shocked they did not in the last questions they put out!

Draven

Me and my friends all ordered the $14.99 "Styles May Vary" Cheetah FROM Amazon. We all ordered from the same computer, one after the next. Out of all of us, I was the only one to get the animal skin Cheetah. This was after Amazon had sold out and then had them back up. I was not trying to be vague, sorry about that. I hope you get the animal skin version as well. I might end up with a couple sealed, so if that happens, I could get one to you if Amazon did not get that one to you.

Also, I was thinking it would be about as rare as Gentleman Ghost, but GG was actually sold at retail, so its hard to compare even though I definately would say thats how it will be probably. I could be wrong though, and it could be everywhere in a month, no one really knows really.

Lastly, as far as Amazon goes, ordering from them directly has always been fine, but 90% of the time that I have ordered from a third party just selling through Amazon, everything about the item I order sucks. The packages always look like someone ran over them with a truck. Its just sad really. So, if you ever order from Amazon, I would recommend only ordering from them, not a third party selling through them.

Thanks for clarifying for me. I appreciate it. If they do happen to end up not sending one, and if you do wind up with an extra you have available, that would be great.

You do have a good point about comparing GG to Nudie Cheetah. But its not too far off... GG did make it to retail, but apparently in very small quantities.

Your advice about third party selling through Amazon is on point. I have done that a few times with used books and cds and had some bad deals. But I have also had some pleasant experiences with third party sellers on Amazon. Ebay is probably still the best way to go with that since people seem to be more concerned about their ratings and such there.

4669149963_62c90b44b9_b.jpg

4669115143_63a94e6c7b_b.jpg

Ah hah! Newd Cheetahs. They sent me a white Mary Marvel. I didn't have one yet and would rather have the red costume if I have only one, but I appreciate them sending the variant. It looks like the Darkseid torso is missing the neck barbell?!? I'm not sure. Thanks again BlackLantern to offering to get me one if you had an extra.

Congrats Harry! And yep looks like you are missing the neck peg! :( Sorry! But I actually like thw white outfit better than the dark red version most people get when the order red.

Draven