Nekkid Cheetah at Mattycollector

Da Top Cat

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but Matty listed Wave 13 on their site and it shows the original modern Cheetah instead of the clothed modern Cheetah at retail(also, the classic Cheetah has different feet from the one I found at Wal-Mart).

The description says the figures are identical to the ones at retail. So is the picture just a mistake? Or is that Cheetah now basically a Matty exclusive that you can only get by buying seven other figures you might already have?

They will be the exact same as the retail figures. However, Corner Store Comics got in an entire shipment of the nekid Cheetah, and Mattel said to just keep them and sell them, so they did. They are now sold out. That figure will definately be the hardest to get in the entire DC Universe Classics collection because only 1 shipment went out, and most will be opened probably.

They will be the exact same as the retail figures. However, Corner Store Comics got in an entire shipment of the nekid Cheetah, and Mattel said to just keep them and sell them, so they did. They are now sold out. That figure will definately be the hardest to get in the entire DC Universe Classics collection because only 1 shipment went out, and most will be opened probably.

I'm sure the rest will be posted on ebay.

So, "only 1 shipment went out", but its safe to assume that there were more shipments produced? oookaaay. I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of this figure at some point. I'll go ahead and say I have a hard time believing that any reseller that thought they were sitting on the entire available stock would let them all go at thirty bucks a pop.

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but Matty listed Wave 13 on their site and it shows the original modern Cheetah instead of the clothed modern Cheetah at retail(also, the classic Cheetah has different feet from the one I found at Wal-Mart).

The description says the figures are identical to the ones at retail. So is the picture just a mistake? Or is that Cheetah now basically a Matty exclusive that you can only get by buying seven other figures you might already have?

I hope it turns out that those two are included in that set. As dumb as it may be, I'd like to have them made like that. The photo shown on the Matty site looks like actual figures and not prototypes, but we'll see.

At least the Golden Age Cheetah is more accurate with those feet:

ww4-cheetah1.jpg

While the modern Cheetah variant released in stores ain't, uh, exactly accurate.

cheetah.jpg

However, I think I'd rather have this version:

HeatherHarris1.jpg

And by that version, I mean the actual girl lol. That costume is actually derived from DC source material. It's based on the Ame-Comi statue.

• Like 3

However, I think I'd rather have this version:

HeatherHarris1.jpg

And by that version, I mean the actual girl lol. That costume is actually derived from DC source material. It's based on the Ame-Comi statue.

Is she a C&C? Collect & Conquer

Found it on eBay for sale with the full set from CSC. Figured why not and purchased the set

Yeah, CSC has these for sale. No one else has gotten them

I asked a source about this situation, and I was told this is what happened: Mattel produced a few cases of these figures and then had to change it to the black suited version. They had the cases in the warehouse and they accidently got sent out to CSC. The cases they sent CSC were the ONLY cases of the "Animal Skin" Cheetah. It will never be sold at retail or sold at any other retailer. The reason CSC sold them for $30 is because it was a mistake that they even got them and they wanted to make up for not getting BOTH variant and non variant other Cheetahs, so they sold them for $30 each. They were not looking to screw anyone over on the price, so they sold them at a reasonable price.

If you are a collector of DCUC and you want this figure, I suggest you jump on the opportunity to get it now on the CSC website or on Ebay, because you may not have another chance to ever get it.

This figure could turn out to be the rarest DCUC figure ever made.

Found it on eBay for sale with the full set from CSC. Figured why not and purchased the set

I asked a source about this situation, and I was told this is what happened: Mattel produced a few cases of these figures and then had to change it to the black suited version. They had the cases in the warehouse and they accidently got sent out to CSC. The cases they sent CSC were the ONLY cases of the "Animal Skin" Cheetah. It will never be sold at retail or sold at any other retailer. The reason CSC sold them for $30 is because it was a mistake that they even got them and they wanted to make up for not getting BOTH variant and non variant other Cheetahs, so they sold them for $30 each. They were not looking to screw anyone over on the price, so they sold them at a reasonable price.

If you are a collector of DCUC and you want this figure, I suggest you jump on the opportunity to get it now on the CSC website or on Ebay, because you may not have another chance to ever get it.

lol

• Like 1

I ordered classic Cheetah off amazon...but I got clothed modern Cheetah. Now I have to hope I find a classic* so I can buy it and then take the modern one back.

*actually, ANOTHER one since the day after I ordered off ebay, I found one in a walmart about an hour and a half from me. It's too far to drive to check and see if they still have it...which is likely doubtful.

The reason CSC sold them for $30 is because it was a mistake that they even got them and they wanted to make up for not getting BOTH variant and non variant other Cheetahs, so they sold them for $30 each. They were not looking to screw anyone over on the price, so they sold them at a reasonable price.

A reasonable price would've been the sixteen bucks or so that they were charging for the other figures.

• Like 1

The reason CSC sold them for $30 is because it was a mistake that they even got them and they wanted to make up for not getting BOTH variant and non variant other Cheetahs, so they sold them for $30 each. They were not looking to screw anyone over on the price, so they sold them at a reasonable price.

A reasonable price would've been the sixteen bucks or so that they were charging for the other figures.

agreed.

• Like 1

I found the classic Cheetah in a local Wal-Mart the night before this thread was created. I didn't get it because I want the modern Cheetah. After reading more of the replies, I'm miffed off because I found out we're not getting the nude modern Cheetah, and that I missed out on the fleeting chance of getting one at CSC.

Honestly, when I saw the first work-up for the nude modern Cheetah I was surprised that they were going to make that figure 50/50. Too bad there's too many prudes out there that can't take an innocent toy for what it is.

There are several sets of 7 on Ebay now for $115(or 128 with both Negative Men) with the "animal skin" Cheetah, as they're calling it. Not as good a price as the set of 8 on Matty, but not horrible by current standards. I'll probably just buy one of them and sell the figures and Trigon pieces I've already got.

Sorry not buying it. Not saying you were not told that, but a friend of mine has got the nakid chettah and the date stamp on it is much later than the classic and modern one he has that has clothing painted on. Way to many of these made it to CSC for it to be a mistake.

Draven

Sorry not buying it. Not saying you were not told that, but a friend of mine has got the nakid chettah and the date stamp on it is much later than the classic and modern one he has that has clothing painted on. Way to many of these made it to CSC for it to be a mistake.

Draven

The guy who told me this is actually on Mattel's payroll, so I figured he might know what he is talking about. Either way, we might not ever see it again, anywhere else, and we might see it at many more places in the future, no one really knows. All I am saying is, if you want this figure, now may be the only time you can get it.

I highly doubt its a running change, because why would they stop production to change it to the black suit version JUST to change it back less than a month after the wave is released? I agree that way too many definately made it to CSC for it to be a mistake, but I don't understand why we have not seen it anywhere else, or at LEAST heard of it. There are lots of rumors going around, so it would be best if Mattel came out and said something about this.

Like Da Top Cat originally pointed out, the matty pic also has the modern Cheetah feet on the classic Cheetah. It will be interesting to see if any of those begin showing up from Amazon or somewere else. I saw in another forum where someone claimed to have gotten two nude modern Cheetahs from Amazon ... so, whether wise or not, I decided to buy thirty dollars worth of Party Cheetah lottery tickets from Amazon. I'm hoping I get two of them. If they send one of the other versions, I'll just return them.

Pretty much what I am going for to Harry. I know of two people who got nekid cheetahs for Amazon yesterday! So I am hoping I get one. If not I am not worried about it, she will be more available soon I bet. BTW what happened to the FB friend request?? I was going to add you and its gone!

Draven

Pretty much what I am going for to Harry. I know of two people who got nekid cheetahs for Amazon yesterday! So I am hoping I get one. If not I am not worried about it, she will be more available soon I bet. BTW what happened to the FB friend request?? I was going to add you and its gone!

Draven

Dude I will put it back up there soon. And yeah if they don't send the nekkid Cheetahs I will just return them probably to a local store. I'm sure there's someone around besides me who may be looking one or any version lof Cheetah. Or maybe offer them here!

I checked Amazon and could not find anyone showing a picture of the naked Cheetah. Either way, the ones that were on Amazon were probably a comic shop that got an accidental case just like CSC did, who knows really. The reason I say what I say about it is because Mattel has said nothing about this situation. They said they had "plans" in the future for the animal skin Cheetah, but they said the same thing about an all gold Dr. Fate and other figures, and that never happened. Its obvious that no business can order them from Mattel, otherwise BBTS and other online stores would have them too. The ones on Amazon were either being sold by someone who got them from CSC, OR the people selling them on Amazon got an accidental case just like CSC did.

You guys are talking about the Wave 13 pictures showing this Cheetah on MattyCollector, but it says in the description for the Wave 13 set "identical to figures sold at retail". It would not say this if the Cheetah was going to be different than retail. It would actually explain that ordering from them would get you THAT Cheetah if that were the situation. Think about it, they would make ALOT more money if they said that, with it not being at retail, and they are in it to make money, so if that were the case, it would say that and not "identical to figures sold at retail".

I see where you guys are coming from, and I hope they turn up everywhere as well, but the situation being what it is with only ONE online store selling them, you have to admit its strange, and since Mattel is saying NOTHING about this, it COULD be the only time we ever see it. It also could be everywhere before too long, but I highly doubt this is a running change. I don't see why they would change it once for retail, then change it again.