DC Universe Classics Wave 15 Revealed - And Coming To Kmart First

JayC

Recently DC intergrated Marvin and Wendy into the teen titans, with good results.......then they went a had Wonder Dog kill Marvin and mangle Wendy.

Ugh! This was hideous. I had no great love for those characters. I don't think I despised them as some seem to. They were what they were ...comedy relief. DC however handled them the way an ignorant foul-mouth school kid drunk on his own ritalin would handle them. It certainly was not with any sort of affection, nostalgia or God forbid, respect. It was a cheap, classless stunt with all the obvious toilet humor of a Zan and Jana incest joke.

Geez....what was so bad about them, actually I enjoyed them and their role with the Titans. They didn't get too much face time, they were the brains behind the team. The way IMO DC messed up was by killing MArvin and mauling Wendy. Shortly after that I stopped reading because I can no longer afford comics like I used to. Again, what was missing in your opinion?

WTF??? Wendy and Marvin were with the Titans???

Damn does that mean Zan and Jayna aren't far behind?

trust me dude, it wasn't bad at all. They just were super smart kids who helped run the tower. they didn't filabuster time in the comics but the screen time they had was very good. I wish they would intergrate the wonder twins, they could be done right.

btw, wonder dog was a demon who mauled and killed marvin..........there's some comic relief for ya.

• Like 1

What happened to the dog that made it go rabid?

Teen TitansIn 2006, in Teen Titans #34, a new version of the Wendy and Marvin characters appeared. The pair work as "caretakers" of Titans Tower one year after the events of the Infinite Crisis crossover. The pair (now fraternal twins) seem to be technical geniuses; Wendy mentions in their initial appearance that she and Marvin graduated from MIT on their sixteenth birthday, and in Teen Titans #40, Ravager refers to them as "tenth-level geniuses" (compare to DC characters Brainiac and Brainiac 5, both purported to be twelfth-level intellects). It was established that Marvin is the older twin, by approximately five minutes. This Marvin continues the tradition of his previous incarnations by wearing a shirt with a stylized "M" on the front, but without the attached cape of his animated counterpart. The twins' last name has yet to be mentioned.

Cyborg has been damaged and inactive since his return from space, but Wendy and Marvin have repaired him and given him new capabilities.

In Teen Titans #62 Wendy and Marvin meet a stray dog that Miss Martian names Wonderdog. In reality, Wonderdog is some sort of demonic monster in the service of a new villain called King Lycus, who appeared at the end of the issue after the beast killed Marvin and severely mauled Wendy. As seen in Teen Titans #63, she survived the attack, but is apparently in a coma. She is visited in this state by her father, Noah Kuttler (AKA The Calculator), who swears revenge on the Titans for allowing this to happen to his children.[4]

Marvin's soul is later summoned by Kid Eternity, the Titans' newest recruit, to provide him with information on what being part of the Titans means. Marvin warns Eternity against association with the team, citing the many deaths they have suffered.[5]

In Oracle: The Cure #3, Wendy recovers from her coma while being visited by her father who was trying to use alien technology to help her. However, she is unable to feel her legs. Barbara Gordon promises to help her while aiding in the Calculator's arrest. In the new Batgirl series, it is revealed that Barbara along with Leslie Thompkins has been helping Wendy adjust to her new life as a paraplegic. Wendy is stated to be an supporting character in the series.

• Like 2

I must say this wave looks killer to me!! I am so excited to get MM, Jack and Raven finally! The GP ended up being the surprise hit to me. As far as Omac, omg!! That thing is the most hideous piece of crap yet in DCUC!! @loll@

Draven

I thought, as probably the 4 Horsemen did as well, that anything Kirby would received and thought of as anything short of greatness!! Is it the design of the chracter, or the figure itself??

I must say this wave looks killer to me!! I am so excited to get MM, Jack and Raven finally! The GP ended up being the surprise hit to me. As far as Omac, omg!! That thing is the most hideous piece of crap yet in DCUC!! @loll@

Draven

I wonder what the thought process was at Mattel to even make Omac...

Recently DC intergrated Marvin and Wendy into the teen titans, with good results.......then they went a had Wonder Dog kill Marvin and mangle Wendy.

Ugh! This was hideous. I had no great love for those characters. I don't think I despised them as some seem to. They were what they were ...comedy relief. DC however handled them the way an ignorant foul-mouth school kid drunk on his own ritalin would handle them. It certainly was not with any sort of affection, nostalgia or God forbid, respect. It was a cheap, classless stunt with all the obvious toilet humor of a Zan and Jana incest joke.

Geez....what was so bad about them, actually I enjoyed them and their role with the Titans. They didn't get too much face time, they were the brains behind the team. The way IMO DC messed up was by killing MArvin and mauling Wendy. Shortly after that I stopped reading because I can no longer afford comics like I used to. Again, what was missing in your opinion?

WTF??? Wendy and Marvin were with the Titans???

Damn does that mean Zan and Jayna aren't far behind?

Actually Zan and Jayne were part of Extreme Justice years ago....

As far as Omac, omg!! That thing is the most hideous piece of crap yet in DCUC!!

Draven

Obviously the Horsemen are huge Kirby fans, and more than likely before the line ends we'll get many, if not all, Kirby characters made!! So I'm assuming those wanting more New Gods will be happy!!

As far as Omac, omg!! That thing is the most hideous piece of crap yet in DCUC!!

Draven

Obviously the Horsemen are huge Kirby fans, and more than likely before the line ends we'll get many, if not all, Kirby characters made!! So I'm assuming those wanting more New Gods will be happy!!

This is a good thing for DC fans. I mean seriously wouldn't Marvel fans have appreciated an entire Legends line of Starjammers, Imperial Shiar Guard, and the Inhumans. The line is called the DC Universe so it makes sense he would be part of the line.

• Like 2

Draven

That there are a whole lot of us out here for whom the DCU doesn't begin and end with Superfriends and Justice League, I assume.

• Like 1

MTR5810_Sinestro-Corps-Batmcopy.jpg

Needs the white circle where the logo would go, and also the belt should be blue. It should be a blue bat-pouches belt, but whatever.

Also, I can't believe people are complaining about getting the REAL OMAC. (The O and M in OMAC stand for ONE MAN, not A TRILLION PEOPLE.) Back in the leaked list thread, I said they were going to make the Golden Age, Kirby version of OMAC first. Especially considering they made his grandson last wave!

Draven

That there are a whole lot of us out here for whom the DCU doesn't begin and end with Superfriends and Justice League, I assume.

Of course! I just think the Kirby Omac design if crappy! @loll@

Draven

Draven

Of course! I just think the Kirby Omac design if crappy! @loll@

Draven

Well, when Black Lantern Kirby shows up at your door, don't say you weren't warned. ;)

Im hoping that Raven's cape is the same material is Mantis' cape-thing

Not a fan of the head sculpt on Golden Pharoah, the super powers version is a lot more menacing and looks better than this goofy head

WOW this wave REALLY sucks. The only figure worth getting in Martian Manhunter. This wave scores 1/8

DC...1/8

ML...0/0

........................next!

• Like 1

Im hoping that Raven's cape is the same material is Mantis' cape-thing

Not a fan of the head sculpt on Golden Pharoah, the super powers version is a lot more menacing and looks better than this goofy head

He looks like a tranny. Horrible headsculpt.

• Like 2

K-Mart??? What's next? Is Mattel going to cut some bargain basement deal where Wave 16 will go direct to that flea market off Route 46?

Living rooms!

Bed rooms!

DCUC, ah yeah!

Hey hey!

[/i]