Comparing DCUC size to Marvel Legends

Xorr

Which Marvel line is the same scale as the DCUC line? I almost never see Marvel stuff in stores outside of those stupid, tiny, 2" tall figures. Is Marvel Legends sized the same as DCUC? I'm thinking of expanding into some Marvel characters since they no longer make the Toybiz Famous Covers figures. But I want something in scale with the DCUC stuff.

Marvel Legends, Spiderman Classics, Iron Man Movie figs (mostly from the first movie; tho they are a bit smaller; I think the IM2 6" figs are the right size tho, but they are only releasing 3 so far), X-Men Classics, Fantastic Four (there was a series based on one of their cartoons that was in scale...not so much for the movie figs).

For more detailed info go here: http://www.comicfigs.net/

Thanks! That's good news! Now I can finally have Thor and Orion team up against Darkseid and Galactus, and enjoy Thor overpowering Superman. Oh, my play days are far from over! Is the articulation pretty much the same as well?

Thanks! That's good news! Now I can finally have Thor and Orion team up against Darkseid and Galactus, and enjoy Thor overpowering Superman. Oh, my play days are far from over! Is the articulation pretty much the same as well?

No. MLs have a little more articulation on average (including wrists, fingers, double elbows, double knees, feet & ankles, etc). They have ball hip joints instead of the DCUC hip joints. So, that gives them a bit more movement, but doesn't look as good imho.

Is the articulation pretty much the same as well?

Its different, but close enough for display. DCUC is making strides with upcoming figures for a more "Marvel Legends"-style of articulation--with ganged-hinge ( double hinged)knees and elbows and ball-joint hips on SOME figures.

The uneducated eye will not notice much difference between the two toy-lines if displayed together.

If you are seeking additional to-scale figures, there's a lot to choose from out of other toy-lines ( not necessarily Mattel, Hasbro or Toybiz--so you can have henchmen, bystanders, soldiers, police/fire etc--if you want to got that route.

Likewise there's a lot of different kinds of accessories out there as well, all scaled to 1/12th.

Hmmm. Looking at that site EldestSon posted (thanks!). A lot of those Marvel Legends have hideous sculpts and bad paint jobs. Ugh! @grumpy@

But at least there's a good selection of ones I do want. I just wish they hadn't messed up so many. Namor, for example, is missing they yellow fin/wings beneath his arms on his blue suit. Spiderman's underarm webs look terrible. Moon Knight looks decent with the silvery suit, although I prefer all white. It's gonna be pick and choose with ML I guess. :(

It's cool that they gave Baron Zemo the Satan Claw! @firedevil@

I'm not sure if I like the ball joint legs/hips, as EldestSon points out, although I'm not sure it's any worse than the gap formed on the DCUC hips when the legs spread. Both look a little odd, but neither bothers me much, so that works.

Are the ML figures as hard to find as the DCUC? Any rare ones?

Hmmm. Looking at that site EldestSon posted (thanks!). A lot of those Marvel Legends have hideous sculpts and bad paint jobs. Ugh! @grumpy@

But at least there's a good selection of ones I do want. I just wish they hadn't messed up so many. Namor, for example, is missing they yellow fin/wings beneath his arms on his blue suit. Spiderman's underarm webs look terrible. Moon Knight looks decent with the silvery suit, although I prefer all white. It's gonna be pick and choose with ML I guess. :(

It's cool that they gave Baron Zemo the Satan Claw! @firedevil@

I'm not sure if I like the ball joint legs/hips, as EldestSon points out, although I'm not sure it's any worse than the gap formed on the DCUC hips when the legs spread. Both look a little odd, but neither bothers me much, so that works.

Are the ML figures as hard to find as the DCUC? Any rare ones?

There are ML figures that are rare, notably Deadpool, Hawkeye, Juggernaut, Goliath, and variants like the Destroyer. The earlier waves can be fairly pricey, due to age and popularity. There were also some distribution problems that made some waves hard to find in some areas and flooded in others (Hasbro FF wave, Nemesis, etc). So they have some issues like DCUC, but are well worthwhile.

I suggest you check out the datebase on the marvel page :) I don't think it compares the two lines but you can use it to get an idea of what figures you want to hunt for!

http://marvelousnews.com/database/index.php?itemid=164

There are also suppose to be some new two packs coming out with deadpool, & black widdow & some others at some point, though I forget who at the moment ...

<--- Maybe we need a DC page like we have for marvel now hm?

The reason why Marvel Legends sculpts are ugly when compared to DCUC is because of the sculptors' experience. For instance, the females in the older waves are hideous, but they get better in each wave.

Also, the 4hm, the same team who sculpts the DCUC figs, made some ML figs. For instance, they did a few Spiderman figures, most of the Fantastic four Classic figs, and the 2nd Thor toy. BEcause of that, the sculptin on those figs fit better with the DCUC figs

The reason why Marvel Legends sculpts are ugly when compared to DCUC is because of the sculptors' experience. For instance, the females in the older waves are hideous, but they get better in each wave.

Also, the 4hm, the same team who sculpts the DCUC figs, made some ML figs. For instance, they did a few Spiderman figures, most of the Fantastic four Classic figs, and the 2nd Thor toy. BEcause of that, the sculptin on those figs fit better with the DCUC figs

Yep, the Horsemen also sculpted a great looking Beta Ray Bill and a beautiful Silver Age Rhino. Both are fairly common and you can probably get Beta Ray Bill for less than retail from someone on ebay. Rhino is easy to obtain loose and seperate from the box set he originally came with.

It's worth noting that in interviews the Horsemen have mentioned how much they liked some of the Marvel Legends sculpts. I'm not talking about the ones they did, I meant the ones done by other sculptors lol.

Yep, the Horsemen also sculpted a great looking Beta Ray Bill and a beautiful Silver Age Rhino. Both are fairly common and you can probably get Beta Ray Bill for less than retail from someone on ebay. Rhino is easy to obtain loose and seperate from the box set he originally came with.

It's worth noting that in interviews the Horsemen have mentioned how much they liked some of the Marvel Legends sculpts. I'm not talking about the ones they did, I meant the ones done by other sculptors lol.

I remember reading that. I recall reading that their favorite sculpts that they haven't made themselves were from the LOTR line.