Jump to content

So has DCUC surpassed The Super Powers Collection??


Lady Jaye
 Share

Recommended Posts

Nor should he change his mind, because that is a subjective opinion of his and is therefore beyond the realm of debate. It's amazing how intolerant some people here can be of others' opinions.

 

Its not his opinion that's wrong, its the statements he makes that OTHER PEOPLE are wrong in their differing opinion that causes the problem. That is not a subjective stance that he can hide behind.

 

I don't care if he loves My Little Pony, but if he says that I am wrong to place something else higher than HIS preferences ( and he's done that on numerous occasions), then I will gleefully challenge it. Sorry if you find it to be "intolerant", but I find it annoying, obnoxious and uncalled-for, and I will usually say something about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EldestSon once again proves my point. :rolleyes:

 

1) you called me a troll in this thread first; obviously not reading or understanding my posts

2) you admit you really don't know the players involved

3) the only person i've called a troll on this board is you...i don't call everyone i disagree with names...just you...cause you're the only one who is obviously trolling...also i don't call you a troll in every thread...just the ones you troll in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan wrote:

 

JohnnyRebel calls people "ignorant" because their too "stupid" to see that Marvel Legends is (allegedly) the greatest toy line of all time and you tell us we're being "intolerant?"

 

Actually, I've never even read a post by him that I can remember. However, with the way you, EldestSon and Superpowers1980 so quickly jump on anyone who disargees with you and start name-calling and labeling people as trolls, yeah, I can tell you you're intolerant. @nono@

 

The only person trolling here is you.

 

Hey everyone,

 

Don't forget me!!! I'm a troll. I mean i don't know what that is but who cares.

 

Back to the post, I think the one thing that prevents DCUC from being #1 is the lack of vehicles and playsts. Super Powers Even Marvel Legends had Diorama elements and vehicles like the Fantasticar (FF Movie Line), a version of the X Men Jet, and some motocycles/cars for the figures. They also did a better job at maximizing the movie push in the toylines.

 

I think DCUC is missing an opportunity by not using the movies as anchors for toylines. Hopefully this will change with Green Lantern.

 

warmest regards,

Joshua

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Floundderr wrote:

 

Don't forget me!!! I'm a troll. I mean i don't know what that is but who cares.

 

ROTFLMAO!!! @loll@

 

Back to the post, I think the one thing that prevents DCUC from being #1 is the lack of vehicles and playsts. Super Powers Even Marvel Legends had Diorama elements and vehicles like the Fantasticar (FF Movie Line), a version of the X Men Jet, and some motocycles/cars for the figures.

 

Yeah, if there is one thing I desire for these figures, it's playsets! I can go without vehicles (not many cool ones for these characters outside of the Batmobile, really), but playsets, those I wish for! Like this one, planned for another toy line (I forget which one):

 

oaplayset.jpg

 

I'd kill for that! Or a Justice League Satellite, or Hall of Justice, Hall of Doom, etc.

 

I'm planning on working on my own playsets, once I get some free time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Floundderr wrote:

 

Don't forget me!!! I'm a troll. I mean i don't know what that is but who cares.

 

ROTFLMAO!!! guitar.gif

 

Back to the post, I think the one thing that prevents DCUC from being #1 is the lack of vehicles and playsts. Super Powers Even Marvel Legends had Diorama elements and vehicles like the Fantasticar (FF Movie Line), a version of the X Men Jet, and some motocycles/cars for the figures.

 

Yeah, if there is one thing I desire for these figures, it's playsets! I can go without vehicles (not many cool ones for these characters outside of the Batmobile, really), but playsets, those I wish for! Like this one, planned for another toy line (I forget which one):

 

oaplayset.jpg

 

I'd kill for that! Or a Justice League Satellite, or Hall of Justice, Hall of Doom, etc.

 

I'm planning on working on my own playsets, once I get some free time.

 

The picture you have here is for the Super Powers line. It was one of the many playsets and vehicles that were planned and never completed and/or made to production. The worst offense has to be the Tower of Darkness playset. They had prototypes and even stores had the ability to order them before they cancelled the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan wrote:

 

JohnnyRebel calls people "ignorant" because their too "stupid" to see that Marvel Legends is (allegedly) the greatest toy line of all time and you tell us we're being "intolerant?"

 

Actually, I've never even read a post by him that I can remember. However, with the way you, EldestSon and Superpowers1980 so quickly jump on anyone who disargees with you and start name-calling and labeling people as trolls, yeah, I can tell you you're intolerant. 22566-nono.gif

 

 

You know, I was going to let this go, but I really hate it when people lie about me.

 

First off, since you've never read any of JR's posts it never happened right?

 

Secondly, find me one post where I called you a name. Please. I beg you.

 

Finally, find all the posts where I called someone else a name and I'll tell you why I did it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

 

Xorr, if you want an example of this head on over to the Aquaman vs. Namor thread you burned to the ground.

 

And Flounnderr, maybe troll was a poor choice of words for you, but it's easier than writing "you have no idea what you're talking about".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional responseor of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

 

Note the bold, underlined emphasis. I do not post with the intent to provoke others. I simply speak my mind and argue my points. And when someone is acting like an ass, I call it like it is. I also shoot back without hesitation when insulted. If you're so thin-skinned that you consider differing opinions to be "provocative" or if my opinions or responses elicit a strong emotional response from you, that's your problem, not mine. So your troll accusation is erroneous, as is so much of what you say. No big surprise there. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

And Flounnderr, maybe troll was a poor choice of words for you, but it's easier than writing "you have no idea what you're talking about".

 

So you justify falsely accusing someone by admitting laziness? @nono@

 

Wow, you're a real piece of...ummm...work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

And Flounnderr, maybe troll was a poor choice of words for you, but it's easier than writing "you have no idea what you're talking about".

 

So you justify falsely accusing someone by admitting laziness? 22566-nono.gif

 

Wow, you're a real piece of...ummm...work.

 

 

Actually, I did say he didn't know what he was talking about. Several times. It gets old.

 

Now tell everyone here that wasn't a troll comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

You know, I was going to let this go, but I really hate it when people lie about me.

 

First off, since you've never read any of JR's posts it never happened right?

 

First, I never claimed it never happened. I said I never read any of his posts. There's another false accusation from you.

 

Secondly, find me one post where I called you a name. Please. I beg you.

 

Your last post indirectly called me a troll when you posted a definition of troll and directed me to the Namor vs. Aquaman thread. You didn't say it explicitly, but rather implicitly.

 

Finally, find all the posts where I called someone else a name and I'll tell you why I did it.

 

You called Flounder a troll and just now admitted to falsely accusing him of that epithet due to inexcusable laziness on your part. I need go no further to demonstrate your lowly character.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 keeps on keeping on...

 

Actually, I did say he didn't know what he was talking about. Several times. It gets old.

 

So let's get this straight. You did write that he didn't know what he was talking about several times, then you admittedly falsely accused him of being a troll, only to later justify your false claim by pleading that you were too lazy to actually write out "you don't know what you're talking about", despite having repeatedly done precisely that previously?

 

Oh man, you sink your case deeper every time you open your mouth. If I were your lawyer, I'd advise you simply to shut up. But since I'm not, and since I derive twisted pleasure from seeing you indict yourself, please, carry on! @loll@

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

You know, I was going to let this go, but I really hate it when people lie about me.

 

First off, since you've never read any of JR's posts it never happened right?

 

First, I never claimed it never happened. I said I never read any of his posts. There's another false accusation from you.

 

Secondly, find me one post where I called you a name. Please. I beg you.

 

Your last post indirectly called me a troll when you posted a definition of troll and directed me to the Namor vs. Aquaman thread. You didn't say it explicitly, but rather implicitly.

 

Finally, find all the posts where I called someone else a name and I'll tell you why I did it.

 

You called Flounder a troll and just now admitted to falsely accusing him of that epithet due to inexcusable laziness on your part. I need go no further to demonstrate your lowly character.

 

-Eldest Son already proved since you didn't bother to read up on Johnny Rebel, you were spouting off without knowing the situation. Gold star for you.

 

-I "indirectly" called you a troll. That's a good one. But how about before then? When you posted that it was long before I "implied" you were a troll. Once again spouting off without reading.

 

-In another instance of spouting off without reading, in that CnC thread Flounnderr made a lot of false statements and contradictions. Instead of manning up and owning them he deflected. He decided to be a jerk rather than debate.

 

I'm sure if you keep reading you'll find with the exception of SuperPowers (whom I respect but sometimes we get heated) everyone else I've insulted is of questionable character. Queenie, slugzilla (who called me a "Hasbro nut-hugger" because he couldn't handle an argument, I'm sure you approve of that), JohnnyRebel, on and on. To be honest I have you blocked but I guess last night and today I felt like slumming.

 

I'm not a fan of the rating system here, but when your rating's as bad as Xorr's it tells you who's questionable and who isn't. Xorr, maybe next time you'll educate yourself on the various situations here before mouthing off and embarrassing yourself.

 

I apologize to the rest of the forum and will attempt to recuse myself from this thread so the discussion can return to where it's supposed to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

-Eldest Son already proved since you didn't bother to read up on Johnny Rebel, you were spouting off without knowing the situation. Gold star for you.

 

Irrelevant. You admitted to falsely accusing people of being trolls, and thereby proved me right. Johnny Rebel has nothing to do with that.

 

-I "indirectly" called you a troll. That's a good one.

 

A good one and a solid, truthful statement. Don't hide behind semantic games.

 

When you posted that it was long before I "implied" you were a troll. Once again spouting off without reading.

 

Once again, go read what I wrote:

 

"However, with the way you, EldestSon and Superpowers1980 so quickly jump on anyone who disargees with you and start name-calling and labeling people as trolls, yeah, I can tell you you're intolerant."

 

You have admitted to falsely accusing Flounder or being a troll. Superpowers1980 has clearly and repeatedly hurled false accusations and inflammatory insults at anyone who doesn't agree with his absurd claims. And EldestSon has done the same thing. So yeah, you should take your own advice and try reading. It's all there in black and white.

 

-In another instance of spouting off without reading, in that CnC thread Flounnderr made a lot of false statements and contradictions. Instead of manning up and owning them he deflected. He decided to be a jerk rather than debate.

 

And you admitted to falsely accusing him of being a troll. Case closed. You lose.

 

I'm sure if you keep reading you'll find with the exception of SuperPowers everyone else I've insulted is of questionable character.

 

In your eyes, because they disagree with you. Yeah, we already know that.

 

To be honest I have you blocked but I guess last night and today I felt like slumming.

 

So you add another insult to your admission that you simply can't ignore me. Is that some sort of twisted internet love/hate relation you feel towards me? Kinda creepy, don't you think?

 

I'm not a fan of the rating system here, but when your rating's as bad as Xorr's it tells you who's questionable and who isn't. Xorr, maybe next time you'll educate yourself on the various situations here before mouthing off and embarrassing yourself.

 

I actually have a rating? LOL! Where do I find it? Do you honestly pay attention to that childish function of the forum? Only the pathetic, immature people use it. And those are always the same people who try to stifle, vilify, and ostracize anyone who doesn't agree with them or who speaks their mind. So hell, if I have a bad rating, I'd wear it as a badge of honor because it would only show that I offend ignorant, childish members.

 

I apologize to the rest of the forum and will attempt to recuse myself from this thread so the discussion can return to where it's supposed to be.

 

Yeah right. Toots, you couldn't ignore me if you tried. And that's been proven! @loll@

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Troll's" a loaded term Xorr. It's become much more subjective as time has gone on. But really, it doesn't matter. Regardless of what definition you use the community knows who the trolls are. I may be rough around the edges but the only opinions I don't respect come from the people who don't respect everyone else's. That includes you. I slip every now and then but my history speaks for itself.

 

You're better than everyone here Xorr. Better than me. Better than SP, Eldest Son, Arrow, the moderators, everyone.

 

You're better because you haven't read a comic since 1986 and we just have to settle for 21st Century dribble.

 

You're better because you eat fine chocolate and we eat vendor material.

 

You're better because you just write on and on and on until we're too bored to read anymore.

 

You're better because you take what you want to know and twist it whatever way you want.

 

You're better because of your snooty, condescending, narcissistic "I already proved you wrong and if you can't see it then you need help," and your "I'm always right and you're always wrong," attitude.

 

That's why you're a troll.

 

Again, apologies to everyone else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Troll's" a loaded term Xorr. It's become much more subjective as time has gone on. But really, it doesn't matter. Regardless of what definition you use the community knows who the trolls are. I may be rough around the edges but the only opinions I don't respect come from the people who don't respect everyone else's. That includes you. I slip every now and then but my history speaks for itself.

 

You're better than everyone here Xorr. Better than me. Better than SP, Eldest Son, Arrow, the moderators, everyone.

 

You're better because you haven't read a comic since 1986 and we just have to settle for 21st Century dribble.

 

You're better because you eat fine chocolate and we eat vendor material.

 

You're better because you just write on and on and on until we're too bored to read anymore.

 

You're better because you take what you want to know and twist it whatever way you want.

 

You're better because of you're your snooty, condescending, narcissistic "I already proved you wrong and if you can't see it then you need help," and your "I'm always right and you're always wrong," attitude.

 

That's why you're a troll.

 

Again, apologies to everyone else.

 

 

I nearly spit my food out while reading this....the chocolates one had sent me into a laughing tailspin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

You're better than everyone here Xorr. Better than me.

 

Well at least you have the brains to admit it. ;)

 

See, I told you that you couldn't ignore me. Oh, and you're still wrong about your troll accusation. But feel free to rant on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan32 wrote:

 

You're better than everyone here Xorr. Better than me.

 

Well at least you have the brains to admit it. ;)

 

See, I told you that you couldn't ignore me. Oh, and you're still wrong about your troll accusation. But feel free to rant on.

 

If you haven't disengaged after this much back and forth, then, yea.......you are trolling.

 

Learning when to back off might be a skill you need to add to your repertoire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I should be the one to "disengage" why? Cjflan32 is the one who keeps claiming he's going to ignore me but yet fails to do so and keeps the accusations flying. Seems to me that he's the one who should be "disengaging".And I'm trolling but he's not why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And I should be the one to "disengage" why? Cjflan32 is the one who keeps claiming he's going to ignore me but yet fails to do so and keeps the accusations flying. Seems to me that he's the one who should be "disengaging".And I'm trolling but he's not why?

 

Think of it as a chance to take a leadership position in this.

Its the mature thing to do--that is, if you can demonstrate that. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Xorr just so we're clear I wrote that last one without reading anything else by you, so yeah, I'm still ignoring your posts. And two (including this one) doesn't make a trend, though in your world 2+2 might equal 5 so who knows.

 

Unfortunately I can't ignore them when another member replies to it. It's nice to know you're still selectively editing and continuing your "I'm better than you and I know it," routine with a little dash of "I know you are but what am I," thrown in there.

 

The Cavs and C's are on. I imagine this topic will be locked by the time I get back because your giant ego requires you to get the last word in and now you have Arrow on your case. I've proven my restraint before, you haven't.

 

Remember Arrow, he's Xorr, and it's not that your opinion doesn't matter, it's just inferior to his.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I definately would say that DCUC is one of my all time favorite toylines. I really like the fact that the figures are consistant in style and look like they were taken out of the same comicbook done by the same artist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we not have moderators in this board or what??? After 3 days of these guys arguing and derailing the thread can we get one of them to end the bickering that's not on topic and resume said topic??

 

Anyhow I agree with the vehicles and DCUC's lack of them. But to be honest there is only 1 vehicle that any toy line could do that is iconic enough to make in a toy line, the Batmobile!! If there's any Batman figure it has to be made! Any other vehicle just isn't iconic enough, a far second would be Wonder Woman's jet, but that would be too big or severly undersized that collectors would just bit h and moan!!! Otherwise this is strictly a action figure line!!

 

That said a collect and connect Hall of Justice or Hall of Doom would be the greatest thing ever, and the swan song at the end of the line!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE