Jump to content

So has DCUC surpassed The Super Powers Collection??


Lady Jaye
 Share

Recommended Posts

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

TB ML has around 130 different characters. DCUC has released or will released (announced; not including fan picks that haven't officially been anounced) around 125 different characters. By next year, DCUC will surpass TB ML in total characters (different characters). Obviously TB ML has way more total figs cause they released a TON of Iron Man, Hulks, and Wolverines. Plus multiples of many other characters.

 

DCUC OTOH, only has a few Superman, Batman, a couple Hals, and some other repaints. The percentage of total figures to total characters heavily favors DCUC.

 

Sculpt and Paint is opinion.

 

Articulation definitely goes to TB ML. Different bucks goes to TB ML.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DCUC is absolutely amazing in my opinion. They keep doing better and better with the figures. As much as I like DCUC and the Super Powers line, the best toy line I have ever collected is the Toy Biz Marvel Legends figures. Even Hasbro came out with some nice ones, but the Toy Biz Legends are by FAR my favorite. They always had the best articulation and also one of my favorite things about them is that they always had tons of variants. Hasbro will never live up to Toy Biz as far as Marvel Legends go. Hasbro made a bold move by releasing Marvel Universe, and I think that works out for them best, no matter how many TRU Exclusive Legends 2 Packs they come out with, they will never be better than Toy Biz with Legends. I will admit though, Hasbro released the coolest Thor ever in the Blob Series figures. The She Hulk from that series is nice too. Anyways, Hasbro may have a great Legends figure every now and then, but as said above, they can't beat Toy Biz.

 

DCUC is my favorite from Mattel though, followed closely by MOTUC. I collect many lines and DCUC is my favorite at the moment, but if Toy Biz did Legends again, it would 100% be my favorite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right now, for DC characters, DCUC is the top dog. Super Powers and all the others are waaaaaay behind in the dust.

 

Meh...not exactly. I personally think DC Direct tops DCUC, Super Powers, and Total Justice.

 

DCUC has a long way to go sculpt-wise. They can start with not making nearly every male torso the same and scale down the shoulders a bit so they're not as big as the character's heads.

 

After that, drop the price about $5 and make them available so that you don't have to waste huge amounts of time and/or money to own some....then we'll talk.

 

Nooooo... YES, exactly.

 

Remember I preceded what you quoted with this statement:

"There's better sculpts and detailing, articulation and just plain more of what I look for in a superhero action figure". @smilepunch@

 

Yes, your mileage may vary, but mine ain't budging. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

 

Articulation definitely goes to TB ML. Different bucks goes to TB ML.

 

There is no way articulation is given to TB ML, they were mostly terrible, especially that skinny buck used for Nova, etc. ML are an overrated mess. There are some gems in the line but for the most part the standard male buck is terrible. Here are a few examples

 

Magneto - what a filthy mess of a figure

 

captain marvel, Nova, Havok - I only bought them because of the characters but the body style, those nasty hands, DCUC skinny buck is superior

 

Luke cage - filthy hands, filthy design

 

like I said there are some gems but most the ML are overrated, they started the genre of hyper articulated figures in the US but that does not give them the crown.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Debating DCUC vs. ML is a waste of time, especially with Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler. Every problem DCUC has was a problem with ML at some point but Wolverine's biggest fan never wants to mention that. Right after we get into it he trolls somewhere else.

 

Anyway, I had Super Powers figures as a kid and they weren't that special. It was a great idea to redo every figure from the original line and they paved the way for the modern action figure but they weren't anything special.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

 

Articulation definitely goes to TB ML. Different bucks goes to TB ML.

 

There is no way articulation is given to TB ML, they were mostly terrible, especially that skinny buck used for Nova, etc. ML are an overrated mess. There are some gems in the line but for the most part the standard male buck is terrible. Here are a few examples

 

Magneto - what a filthy mess of a figure

 

captain marvel, Nova, Havok - I only bought them because of the characters but the body style, those nasty hands, DCUC skinny buck is superior

 

Luke cage - filthy hands, filthy design

 

like I said there are some gems but most the ML are overrated, they started the genre of hyper articulated figures in the US but that does not give them the crown.

 

I'm not sure how you can argue that TB articulation isn't better than DCUC. They have more points of articulation. That's just a fact.

 

Now, as to how that articulation is applied, I'd put that more in the sculpt category. For me, DCUC gets major bonus points for their hip joints. But sculpt is more an opinion thing and it's really not worth overly arguing.

 

Also, Nova wasn't TB, it was Hasbro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

 

Articulation definitely goes to TB ML. Different bucks goes to TB ML.

 

There is no way articulation is given to TB ML, they were mostly terrible, especially that skinny buck used for Nova, etc. ML are an overrated mess. There are some gems in the line but for the most part the standard male buck is terrible. Here are a few examples

 

Magneto - what a filthy mess of a figure

 

captain marvel, Nova, Havok - I only bought them because of the characters but the body style, those nasty hands, DCUC skinny buck is superior

 

Luke cage - filthy hands, filthy design

 

like I said there are some gems but most the ML are overrated, they started the genre of hyper articulated figures in the US but that does not give them the crown.

 

I'm not sure how you can argue that TB articulation isn't better than DCUC. They have more points of articulation. That's just a fact.

 

Now, as to how that articulation is applied, I'd put that more in the sculpt category. For me, DCUC gets major bonus points for their hip joints. But sculpt is more an opinion thing and it's really not worth overly arguing.

 

Also, Nova wasn't TB, it was Hasbro.

 

You said it better, but that is what I was thinking. It wasn't that they had more articulation but placed in poor areas. Nova was Hasblow but they used the same buck as TB, the only improvement, I think was they feet weren't articulated. Sersiously that ball jointed hip is terrible, some of the hands were also terrible, and the feet were flappy messes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

 

Articulation definitely goes to TB ML. Different bucks goes to TB ML.

 

There is no way articulation is given to TB ML, they were mostly terrible, especially that skinny buck used for Nova, etc. ML are an overrated mess. There are some gems in the line but for the most part the standard male buck is terrible. Here are a few examples

 

Magneto - what a filthy mess of a figure

 

captain marvel, Nova, Havok - I only bought them because of the characters but the body style, those nasty hands, DCUC skinny buck is superior

 

Luke cage - filthy hands, filthy design

 

like I said there are some gems but most the ML are overrated, they started the genre of hyper articulated figures in the US but that does not give them the crown.

 

I'm not sure how you can argue that TB articulation isn't better than DCUC. They have more points of articulation. That's just a fact.

 

Now, as to how that articulation is applied, I'd put that more in the sculpt category. For me, DCUC gets major bonus points for their hip joints. But sculpt is more an opinion thing and it's really not worth overly arguing.

 

Also, Nova wasn't TB, it was Hasbro.

 

 

Enough with the articulation argument. Some of those figures had so much articulation they couldn't stand properly.

 

DCUC has a reasonable amount of articulation and I never had an issue keeping mine upright.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

 

Articulation definitely goes to TB ML. Different bucks goes to TB ML.

 

There is no way articulation is given to TB ML, they were mostly terrible, especially that skinny buck used for Nova, etc. ML are an overrated mess. There are some gems in the line but for the most part the standard male buck is terrible. Here are a few examples

 

Magneto - what a filthy mess of a figure

 

captain marvel, Nova, Havok - I only bought them because of the characters but the body style, those nasty hands, DCUC skinny buck is superior

 

Luke cage - filthy hands, filthy design

 

like I said there are some gems but most the ML are overrated, they started the genre of hyper articulated figures in the US but that does not give them the crown.

 

I'm not sure how you can argue that TB articulation isn't better than DCUC. They have more points of articulation. That's just a fact.

 

Now, as to how that articulation is applied, I'd put that more in the sculpt category. For me, DCUC gets major bonus points for their hip joints. But sculpt is more an opinion thing and it's really not worth overly arguing.

 

Also, Nova wasn't TB, it was Hasbro.

 

You said it better, but that is what I was thinking. It wasn't that they had more articulation but placed in poor areas. Nova was Hasblow but they used the same buck as TB, the only improvement, I think was they feet weren't articulated. Sersiously that ball jointed hip is terrible, some of the hands were also terrible, and the feet were flappy messes.

 

I thought the Wave 3 Thor's articulation was great, especially the finger joint that made it impossible to hold his hammer properly.

 

And man, articulated toes. How could I ever buy another toy without articulated toes?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

 

Articulation definitely goes to TB ML. Different bucks goes to TB ML.

 

There is no way articulation is given to TB ML, they were mostly terrible, especially that skinny buck used for Nova, etc. ML are an overrated mess. There are some gems in the line but for the most part the standard male buck is terrible. Here are a few examples

 

Magneto - what a filthy mess of a figure

 

captain marvel, Nova, Havok - I only bought them because of the characters but the body style, those nasty hands, DCUC skinny buck is superior

 

Luke cage - filthy hands, filthy design

 

like I said there are some gems but most the ML are overrated, they started the genre of hyper articulated figures in the US but that does not give them the crown.

 

I'm not sure how you can argue that TB articulation isn't better than DCUC. They have more points of articulation. That's just a fact.

 

Now, as to how that articulation is applied, I'd put that more in the sculpt category. For me, DCUC gets major bonus points for their hip joints. But sculpt is more an opinion thing and it's really not worth overly arguing.

 

Also, Nova wasn't TB, it was Hasbro.

 

 

Enough with the articulation argument. Some of those figures had so much articulation they couldn't stand properly.

 

DCUC has a reasonable amount of articulation and I never had an issue keeping mine upright.

 

I have around 600 action figures - mostly ML. I have only a few MLs which I have trouble standing and that's mostly due to loose joints. I also have a couple DCUC which I have trouble standing...one due to loose joints...one (black canary) due to her leg being bent out of the package. She stands, but looks awkward so I have to hide her so you can't see her legs.

 

Anyway, my point is you are going to have articulation trouble with both MLs and DCUCs from time to time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Debating DCUC vs. ML is a waste of time, especially with Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler. Every problem DCUC has was a problem with ML at some point but Wolverine's biggest fan never wants to mention that. Right after we get into it he trolls somewhere else.

 

Agreed. I wasn't trying to take sides, but point out facts.

 

Anyway, I had Super Powers figures as a kid and they weren't that special. It was a great idea to redo every figure from the original line and they paved the way for the modern action figure but they weren't anything special.

 

Disagree. As a kid, I had lots of fun with both Superpowers and Secret Wars figures...and Star Wars...and Joes.

 

I just wish I were a kid now with all the figs that are available in 3.75" scale. The adventures and battles would be amazing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Debating DCUC vs. ML is a waste of time, especially with Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler. Every problem DCUC has was a problem with ML at some point but Wolverine's biggest fan never wants to mention that. Right after we get into it he trolls somewhere else.

 

Agreed. I wasn't trying to take sides, but point out facts.

 

Anyway, I had Super Powers figures as a kid and they weren't that special. It was a great idea to redo every figure from the original line and they paved the way for the modern action figure but they weren't anything special.

 

Disagree. As a kid, I had lots of fun with both Superpowers and Secret Wars figures...and Star Wars...and Joes.

 

I just wish I were a kid now with all the figs that are available in 3.75" scale. The adventures and battles would be amazing.

 

"Debating DCUC vs. ML is a waste of time, especially with Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler."

 

Well you're not a scumbag troll are you? Obviously you CAN debate ML vs. DCUC, unless your argument is "You're too ignorant to see it bwahahahaha"

 

"As a kid, I had lots of fun with both Superpowers..."

 

I had Joes, TMNT and Transformers and when I was a bit older I had those Toybiz Marvel and crap DC figures. SP was cool but when you have boxes full of Joes everything else kind of takes a back seat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As i see it the debate is meaningless. Those of you who love superpowers (i am not one) grew up with them and have a deep affection towards them because it brings us to a time where nothing but playing with toys matters. So i understand why the love for them. DCUC or ML are way more advanced than superpowers and when this question is asked 10 years from now what do you think the kids of today are going to say? I'll tell you "DCUC or ML are way better than the figures they will be collecting in the future because they will be connected to them.

 

To be honest I grew up with megos and had the very first batman with removable cowl (wish i still had that) and spider-man (who i still have). They were the one who paved the way for all action figures. Before ther were action figures evey character from the movies or comics were made into a boy doll, yes i said it cuz thats what they were boy dolls and my dad hated that me and my bros wanted them, but you know what come Christmas under the tree was a bunch of boy dolls and we had lots of fun. That being said although I have a deep connection to the megos the reality is ML and DCUC reign supreme!

 

As for which of them two are the best time will only tell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Debating DCUC vs. ML is a waste of time, especially with Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler. Every problem DCUC has was a problem with ML at some point but Wolverine's biggest fan never wants to mention that. Right after we get into it he trolls somewhere else.

 

Agreed. I wasn't trying to take sides, but point out facts.

 

Anyway, I had Super Powers figures as a kid and they weren't that special. It was a great idea to redo every figure from the original line and they paved the way for the modern action figure but they weren't anything special.

 

Disagree. As a kid, I had lots of fun with both Superpowers and Secret Wars figures...and Star Wars...and Joes.

 

I just wish I were a kid now with all the figs that are available in 3.75" scale. The adventures and battles would be amazing.

 

"Debating DCUC vs. ML is a waste of time, especially with Johnny the Wannabe Wrestler."

 

Well you're not a scumbag troll are you? Obviously you CAN debate ML vs. DCUC, unless your argument is "You're too ignorant to see it bwahahahaha"

 

Johnny Rebel doesn't really debate. He comes in, says Marvel is the best and his mind is never changed. So, there's really no reason to debate DC vs Marvel with him because you won't change his mind.

 

"As a kid, I had lots of fun with both Superpowers..."

 

I had Joes, TMNT and Transformers and when I was a bit older I had those crap Toybiz Marvel and crap DC figures. SP was cool but when you have boxes full of Joes everything else kind of takes a back seat.

 

Not if you want to play superheroes. If you want to play army, then yeah, Joes. Star Wars? Well, you need SW toys. Superheroes? Doesn't hurt to have Superpowers and Secret Wars.

 

I also had Heman, MASK, and Thundercats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EldestSon wrote:

 

Johnny Rebel doesn't really debate. He comes in, says Marvel is the best and his mind is never changed. So, there's really no reason to debate DC vs Marvel with him because you won't change his mind.

 

Nor should he change his mind, because that is a subjective opinion of his and is therefore beyond the realm of debate. It's amazing how intolerant some people here can be of others' opinions. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EldestSon wrote:

 

Johnny Rebel doesn't really debate. He comes in, says Marvel is the best and his mind is never changed. So, there's really no reason to debate DC vs Marvel with him because you won't change his mind.

 

Nor should he change his mind, because that is a subjective opinion of his and is therefore beyond the realm of debate. It's amazing how intolerant some people here can be of others' opinions. :rolleyes:

 

I didn't say he should. I said there's no reason to try and convince him that DC is better than Marvel cause you can't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EldestSon wrote:

 

I just wish I were a kid now with all the figs that are available in 3.75" scale. The adventures and battles would be amazing.

 

Never let age get in the way of superhero play fun. That's my philosophy. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EldestSon wrote:

 

I just wish I were a kid now with all the figs that are available in 3.75" scale. The adventures and battles would be amazing.

 

Never let age get in the way of superhero play fun. That's my philosophy. ;)

 

My imagination was much better when I was a kid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

one word...NOSTALGIA. the fact that Mattel/4Horsemen are paying homage to the Super Powers collection says it all.

 

and as far as Marvel Legends compared to DCU. DCU is way better in terms of sculpt. DCU is slowly taking the throne.

 

 

Toy Biz Marvel Legends still slaughters DCUC in every way possible. Sculpt, Paint, Articulation and Characters. Nuff' Said.

 

dude, Sculpt & Paint??? Articulation maybe. but don't tell me Toybiz's Sculpt & Paint are superior to Mattel's DCU. have you seen ToyBiz Black Cat, Elektra & Scarlet Witch? how about Havok?

 

don't get me wrong, I like Marvel legends, but DCU has a way better sculpt & paint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wish I were a kid now with all the figs that are available in 3.75" scale. The adventures and battles would be amazing.

 

3.75" was great when I was eight years old and had tiny children's hands. Now I'm a big kid and my large manly hands demand a 6" figure. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EldestSon wrote:

 

Johnny Rebel doesn't really debate. He comes in, says Marvel is the best and his mind is never changed. So, there's really no reason to debate DC vs Marvel with him because you won't change his mind.

 

Nor should he change his mind, because that is a subjective opinion of his and is therefore beyond the realm of debate. It's amazing how intolerant some people here can be of others' opinions. :rolleyes:

 

JohnnyRebel calls people "ignorant" because their too "stupid" to see that Marvel Legends is (allegedly) the greatest toy line of all time and you tell us we're being "intolerant?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan wrote:

 

JohnnyRebel calls people "ignorant" because their too "stupid" to see that Marvel Legends is (allegedly) the greatest toy line of all time and you tell us we're being "intolerant?"

 

Actually, I've never even read a post by him that I can remember. However, with the way you, EldestSon and Superpowers1980 so quickly jump on anyone who disargees with you and start name-calling and labeling people as trolls, yeah, I can tell you you're intolerant. @nono@

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cjflan wrote:

 

JohnnyRebel calls people "ignorant" because their too "stupid" to see that Marvel Legends is (allegedly) the greatest toy line of all time and you tell us we're being "intolerant?"

 

Actually, I've never even read a post by him that I can remember. However, with the way you, EldestSon and Superpowers1980 so quickly jump on anyone who disargees with you and start name-calling and labeling people as trolls, yeah, I can tell you you're intolerant. @nono@

 

The only person trolling here is you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Find Action Figures on Ebay

×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE