Jungle Viper in hand pics.

pooda

Looks like crap!

TM

Ditto that!

Not a visually pleasing application of camouflage, and then there's THIS.....

junglevipers.jpg

OH YAY!! HE CAN HOLD HIS SNIPER RIFLE JUST EVER SO PERFECTO-LY!! :rolleyes:

However, in any OTHER pose....he's a gimp!

Never a more annoying feature (to me) since they had THESE....

joehands.jpg

With the invention of KUNG-FU GRIP, seeing hands like this again, would have been a step backwards to me (back in the day) so the same applies on features like the gimp wrist. ^_^

joehands.jpg

With the invention of KUNG-FU GRIP, seeing hands like this again, would have been a step backwards to me (back in the day) so the same applies on features like the gimp wrist. ^_^

That right hand is "Crushing you head! Kitck! Kitck!" :D

Why don't they scrap the crappy ghillie suit, get rid of the saddle bags off of his hips, and make this figure what it should've been: Night-Viper!

Looks like crap!

TM

Ditto that!

junglevipers.jpg

joehands.jpg

What's wrong with the wrist being able to move up and down?

Looks like crap!

TM

Ditto that!

junglevipers.jpg

joehands.jpg

On which one? Does the Jungle Viper wrist pivot? If so...that's AWESOME! :)

If not, and you meant the 12" Joe hands, it's not the pivot I hated, it was the way the hands were molded, with a so-called trigger finger and thumb and cheesburger holding grip. @haha@

All those complaints about the Jungle Viper, did any look at the Resolute guys?

Flint especially looks like he has macrocephaly. At least Cobra Commander has a helmet for that. Both Stalker and Duke have giraffe necks.

And they all basically share the same, crappy, body. Whoopie. I mean the first few Resolute figures looked good. I mean it sucked they cheaped out and couldn't give Duke a REAL holster, but then they keep doing it with THESE guys?

I was kinda looking forward to that "arctic" Duke and an ACTUAL Roadblock (instead of Heavy Duty), but these guys? Meh. Maybe on clearance or something.

I love this figure for three reasons:

1. It reminds me of something out of the Metal Gear Solid video game series. It just looks wicked.

2. It's a totally new and original Cobra character/army-builder type. Very interesting.

3. It seems to be painted very well and sports nice details.

As for the "gimp wrist" VH, I think Hasbro is incorporating the bendable wrist joint that some of their Clone Wars figures are sporting. Just the other day one of my students brought one to school and was showing it to me, and I noticed the bendable wrist that allowed for some very realistic poses with a weapon. I immediately thought of G.I. Joe and wondered if they'd ever make Joes and Cobras that had the same wrist joint. Now I guess we have proof they soon will, which is great in my book.

1 - The Jungle Viper has the swivel wrist articulation that several figures in the POC line will be recieving.

2 - While I would LIKE a Night Viper, I want this more. It is exaggerated military, which is what GI Joe is.

3 - I realise I am the minority here, but I would like NEW concepts. Shadow Tracker, Jungle Viper, Shock Trooper and (since it's SUCH a departure) Spirit. I would love more 25th stuff, but for right now I am eager to recieve something other than a Destro, Firefly, Duke, Flint, Scarlett, Zartan or Cobra Trooper.

Tom

3 - I realise I am the minority here, but I would like NEW concepts. Shadow Tracker, Jungle Viper, Shock Trooper and (since it's SUCH a departure) Spirit. I would love more 25th stuff, but for right now I am eager to recieve something other than a Destro, Firefly, Duke, Flint, Scarlett, Zartan or Cobra Trooper.

I agree with this somewhat. It's nice to see new concepts. I love the new Shadow Tracker figure. I would much rather see new concepts than more Dukes, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadows, etc.

At the same time though, I would still rather get many of the figures from the old line that we never saw in 25th form first.

Looks like crap!

TM

Ditto that!

junglevipers.jpg

joehands.jpg

that is the new hand style VH, it will come with most and is just like the kung-fu grip of the 12 in figs. it goes up down and all around now.

Looks like crap!

TM

Ditto that!

junglevipers.jpg

joehands.jpg

On which one? Does the Jungle Viper wrist pivot? If so...that's AWESOME! :)

If not, and you meant the 12" Joe hands, it's not the pivot I hated, it was the way the hands were molded, with a so-called trigger finger and thumb and cheesburger holding grip. @haha@

or the fact they could never properly hold a weapon without assistance from elastic bands

I must have missed the discussions on the bending wrists, but that's going to be awesome, so I'll retract my gripe on that.

That said, this figure is still funky looking with the ghille suit and plain without it, so it's a one'er only. ^_^

I like that Hasbro seems to be trying something a bit different with him.

I can appreciate when Hasbro tries new things, and actually prefer it (to hashing out the same old sh@# over and over again) but there's always the matter of trying....and SUCCEEDING? I guess I just think this is a fail, because he looks silly, like a Raptor or something. A bit much on the weeds? ^_^

jungleviper.jpg

jungleviper.jpg

1 - The Jungle Viper has the swivel wrist articulation that several figures in the POC line will be recieving. 2 - While I would LIKE a Night Viper, I want this more. It is exaggerated military, which is what GI Joe is. 3 - I realise I am the minority here, but I would like NEW concepts. Shadow Tracker, Jungle Viper, Shock Trooper and (since it's SUCH a departure) Spirit. I would love more 25th stuff, but for right now I am eager to recieve something other than a Destro, Firefly, Duke, Flint, Scarlett, Zartan or Cobra Trooper. Tom

If you're the minority, then I'm in there with you. I love the over-the-top design on this figure. Its like Night-Viper made cooler, which I never thought was possible. I also really like the new wrist articulation. That new SE for next year has it as well and looks great.

I like that Hasbro seems to be trying something a bit different with him.

I can appreciate when Hasbro tries new things, and actually prefer it (to hashing out the same old sh@# over and over again) but there's always the matter of trying....and SUCCEEDING? I guess I just think this is a fail, because he looks silly, like a Raptor or something. A bit much on the weeds? happy.gif

jungleviper.jpg

jungleviper.jpg

Okay, I like the figure but have to admit this made me laugh. But only a little...guitar.gif

VH - I'm willing to bet CASH DOLLARS

That when you see the Jungle Viper in stores

NOT ONLY

Will you buy it.

BUT

You will LOVE IT.

Camo panels and ALL.

Tom