Iron Man 2 Reviews/Thoughts/Who has seen it

Superpowers1980

Everone is saying this movie was sooo amazing, but please tell me how. I enjoyed the film, it wasn't bad at all, but that doesn't make it great either. I think whoever is handling IM has great repect for the characters, storytelling, movies, and audiences. Even with that said, it really was a B- movie...which isn't bad at all. People don't need non-stop action scenes, but the lack thereof was still noticable and at times the movie dragged and had sort of an anti-climatic ending. Regardless, it is still and 'ACTION' movie and its based on a action comic hero, so there still needs to be plenty of action placed in a good story. Its a good story, with good actors, but it is no Dark Knight, which had me squrming with excitement....though at some points, I was really wondering how they were going to pull the ending off, especially with War Machine and I can say that was nicely done.

Comic fans have done this with every major comic movie that has come out in the past 10 years. Hell in 2002 I thought Spider-Man 2 was the pinnacle of Comic movie cinema.

Now? It's worth to keep around if I'm bored.

LOL, I just finished watching Spiderman 2 the other day because I was bored. Am I the only one who realized Spiderman 2 and 3 basically stole the archetype for their movies from Superman 2 and 3???

IM was greatness of a movie, but IM will go down in histtory as a bore fest

Am I the only one who realized Spiderman 2 and 3 basically stole the archetype for their movies from Superman 2 and 3???

The archetype?? Are you sure you are using the term correctly--because I certainly don't see that.

Am I the only one who realized Spiderman 2 and 3 basically stole the archetype for their movies from Superman 2 and 3???

The archetype?? Are you sure you are using the term correctly--because I certainly don't see that.

OK, here we go

1. the original pattern or model from which all things of the same kind are copied or on which they are based; a model or first form; prototype.

....not trying to be smart with the definition only responding to you asking about my using of the term.

Now, in Superman 2 he lost his powers and Lois discovered who he was. Spiderman 2, peteyloses his powers and mary jane discovered he is spiderman. Even the world missed Spiderman like they did Superman in Superman 2, papers about him.

Superman 3, superman goes back and does some crazy sh!t, Spiderman 3, he goes bad and does a shitty tango, in a shitty resturant in a shitty movie. in the end Superman basically fought himself (Bizarro) and in Spidey 3 he fought Venom.

They copied every plot. how you missed that is beyond me.

OK, here we go

1. the original pattern or model from which all things of the same kind are copied or on which they are based; a model or first form; prototype.

....not trying to be smart with the definition only responding to you asking about my using of the term.

Now, in Superman 2 he lost his powers and Lois discovered who he was. Spiderman 2, peteyloses his powers and mary jane discovered he is spiderman. Even the world missed Spiderman like they did Superman in Superman 2, papers about him.

Superman 3, superman goes back and does some crazy sh!t, Spiderman 3, he goes bad and does a shitty tango, in a shitty resturant in a shitty movie. in the end Superman basically fought himself (Bizarro) and in Spidey 3 he fought Venom.

They copied every plot. how you missed that is beyond me.

I see it now.

I just didn't see it before because I could not get past how ridiculously bad the follow-up Superman movies were.

And.....nah, "archetype" isn't really used properly in that context. The term "story structure" would be more accurate in what you describe.

I would like to add on at how dissapointed I am that this fantastic, engaging and extremely entertaining movie hasn't even reached the $300 million dollar mark at the box office yet! Not like it ultimately matters to me or the rest of you out there that loved this film too, but it is a real shame so far. What's wrong with people?I am shocked at how the sequel is, in comparrison trailing behind the original when it was out at this time. I also want to point out that I am really getting tired of " the Dark Knight " is better fanboy nonsense. Just because " the Dark Knight " grossed more at the box office doesn't make it a better film to everyone. Iron Man 2 is awesome!!!!

• Like 1

I would like to add on at how dissapointed I am that this fantastic, engaging and extremely entertaining movie hasn't even reached the $300 million dollar mark at the box office yet! Not like it ultimately matters to me or the rest of you out there that loved this film too, but it is a real shame so far. What's wrong with people?I am shocked at how the sequel is, in comparrison trailing behind the original when it was out at this time. I also want to point out that I am really getting tired of " the Dark Knight " is better fanboy nonsense. Just because " the Dark Knight " grossed more at the box office doesn't make it a better film to everyone. Iron Man 2 is awesome!!!!

To be fair they are both badass superhero films... Leagues above the rest...