Iron Man 2 Reviews/Thoughts/Who has seen it

Superpowers1980

I thought it was just as good as the first movie. I would have liked the ending battle to be a little longer though.

BTW Robert Downey Jr. would probably love to tell congress to go f#ck themselves in real life. His political views aren't the norm for a celebrity. #US1#

I thought it was just as good as the first movie. I would have liked the ending battle to be a little longer though.

BTW Robert Downey Jr. would probably love to tell congress to go f#ck themselves in real life. His political views aren't the norm for a celebrity. #US1#

HOO-AHH!!! @usa@ hahaha

The Dark Knight is the greatest comic book movie of all time.

The key to enjoying any comic book movie from here on out is telling yourself beforehand that it will NOT be better than Dark Knight. If you can accept that, you stand a greater chance of not being let down.

I thought the 2nd movie would have been a great time to delve into Tony and his drinking problem. Yeah, we saw him drunk but he wasn't an alcoholic. That, I think would have been better than the "fix my heart" plot.

The guy that played Hammer did a lot of overacting. It would have been more satisfying if Whiplash (was that his name?) had at least got to hand him his @$$ at the end, instead he just went to jail.

I thought Fury, War Machine, and Black Widow were all handled well (Maybe Marvel decided to give up on accents after seeing Guy Who Played Gambit butcher the Cajun accent).

My top 5 favorite super hero movies (in no order)

Superman I

Superman II

The Dark Knight

Iron Man

The Incredible Hulk

The top 5 good but not great are:

Iron Man 2

Fantastic Four 1

Fantastic Four 2

Spiderman 2

Superman 4

Ironman 2 is good but it doesn't hold up as the first, I think word of mouth may hinder sales potential

The IM2 movie was great to me and can't wait for the next one. I'm sure everyones querks with the movie will be answered when the DVD/Bluray comes out with all the cool extras. I'm sure War Machine will be re-fitted by Stark for the next movie.

I seem to be one of the few who actually enjoyed this movie, I though it was truly awesome: We get to see the War Machine(Don Cheadle looks more fit to wear the armor anyway). We got to see Black Widow and Nick Fury both parts rocked. I prefer 616 Fury but since they went with Ultimate who better that Sam L. Jackson to do it; When he said to Tony:"So a black man came to your house,kicked your ass and took your armor away.." I was lmao great stuff. Cap's shield, Thor's hammer, Avengers iniative this made the movie feel part of the Marvel Universe and not the stand alone crap we've gotten before. Robert Downey Jr. dominated the character playing it with excellence, I think the drinking was handled very well Favreau mentioned a long time ago that he wasn't going to delve into Demon in a Bottle and I understand it's a 2 hour movie not a 6 issue story arc things have to be referenced and not delved deeply. I still think getting drunk, wearing the armor, shooting the repulsors around people and getting an intervention by Rhodes was handled perfectly, much better than getting emo hair and dancing in a jazz club. The villains were cool Hammer was funny as hell a good contrast to the serious bad @$# that was Vanko/Whiplash. The action sequences were great especially the race car scene. The ending battle could have been longer but it was still cool. I very have few gripes with this movie so I give it an 8.5 almost 9 out of 10. People complained that it dragged on believe me no more than the Dark Knight when they arrested the joker I thought it was gonna end and then we got like 40 minutes more of movie I was ready to leave the movie theater then. We all have different opinions so it's ok I just wanted to share mine.

getting an intervention by Rhodes was handled perfectly, much better than getting emo hair and dancing in a jazz club.

People complained that it dragged on believe me no more than the Dark Knight when they arrested the joker I thought it was gonna end and then we got like 40 minutes more of movie I was ready to leave the movie theater then. We all have different opinions so it's ok I just wanted to share mine.

LOL to the emo comment

The Dark Knight was awesome, plus the tingling of nerves once you realized the Joker had all this stuff planned out, it was stunningly done.

dark knight was good but some people over do it saying its the greatest thing ever because its not. im2 was great, people that say it was to slow, have ADD or something that they have to have flashy bright lights and action to keep their attention.....whatever happened to good movies that are story driven and not graphics or action driven?

Sequels will always have a hard time to be seen as better over the original since the element of surprise is now gone and expectations are really high.

First and foremost, this. I was trying to quantify just what was missing from this film and this is the primary ingredient. Iron Man was something we hadn't seen before in our super-hero movies. Once it had been done, it was only natural the IM 2 would follow suit which I think it did well.

I was impressed that they took the time to develop the story and did NOT succumb to non-stop battling. This was not a Spiderman 3 scenario with a random assortment of villains shoe-horned in for action's sake, but it followed a cohesive plot which worked well.

I don't understand why this keeps getting compared to Dark Knight. Just b/c they're comic book sequels, does not mean they are the same types of film. Iron Man was not the same film as Batman Begins and it's sequel isn't - and shouldn't be - either.

I was amazed by Dark Knight, but you know what? I've only watched it once since the theater whereas Iron Man is fun to watch repeatedly. They have two different goals and each accomplishes them admirably.

All in all, I got a kick out of IM2 and look forward to the DVD.

The Dark Knight is the greatest comic book movie of all time.

The key to enjoying any comic book movie from here on out is telling yourself beforehand that it will NOT be better than Dark Knight. If you can accept that, you stand a greater chance of not being let down.

I don't pretend. I know who's the king.

I simply loved this movie! It was excellent IMOP! It's definately on par if not better than the first one. I'm happy. I thought that the pacing of the movie was similar to the last one but the action scenes were 10x more intense. Great film! You have to see it IMAX! I was truely blown away. Can't wait to own it on Blu-Ray.

I simply loved this movie! It was excellent IMOP! It's definitely on par if not better than the first one. I'm happy. I thought that the pacing of the movie was similar to the last one but the action scenes were 10x more intense. Great film! You have to experience it in IMAX! I was truely blown away. Can't wait to own it on Blu-Ray.

I simply loved this movie! It was excellent IMOP! It's definitely on par if not better than the first one. I'm happy. I thought that the pacing of the movie was similar to the last one but the action scenes were 10x more intense. Great film! You have to experience it in IMAX! I was truely blown away. Can't wait to own it on Blu-Ray.

Ah man! I'll have to re-watch it in IMAX! Dummy me, I didn't even think of IMAX. <groan> hahaha

I simply loved this movie! It was excellent IMOP! It's definately on par if not better than the first one. I'm happy. I thought that the pacing of the movie was similar to the last one but the action scenes were 10x more intense. Great film! You have to see it IMAX! I was truely blown away. Can't wait to own it on Blu-Ray.

This sums up how I feel about the movie... Plus I like how they handled War Machine... Definitely Blu-Ray worthy...

You guys basically hit every nail on the head. Downey is a master and you expect nothing less than a superb performance. Finally we got to see classic *drunk* Tony Stark tongue.gif . So I do stand corrected....that was Crimson Dynamo....wasn't sure if that was him or Titanium Man or that other thing...I forget his name (black and green dude), anyway the first fight with Rourke was great, since I watched it online I rewound that fight. Fidning the hammer in Mexico is weird though I didn't see it.

Also I didn't notice that part with Pepper kissing the helmet either...so I don't know, can anyone else confirm anything?

The hammer was actually found in New Mexico, not Mexico. Anyway you can probably find the clip on Youtube

im2 was great, people that say it was to slow, have ADD or something that they have to have flashy bright lights and action to keep their attention.....whatever happened to good movies that are story driven and not graphics or action driven?

If the story is compelling enough, then ok. But if it's not, then perhaps a lil more action might do the trick! LOL! Hey didn't you like Episode 2??? -_-

This sums up how I feel about the movie... Plus I like how they handled War Machine... Definitely Blu-Ray worthy...

Yep! :D

Everone is saying this movie was sooo amazing, but please tell me how. I enjoyed the film, it wasn't bad at all, but that doesn't make it great either. I think whoever is handling IM has great repect for the characters, storytelling, movies, and audiences. Even with that said, it really was a B- movie...which isn't bad at all. People don't need non-stop action scenes, but the lack thereof was still noticable and at times the movie dragged and had sort of an anti-climatic ending. Regardless, it is still and 'ACTION' movie and its based on a action comic hero, so there still needs to be plenty of action placed in a good story. Its a good story, with good actors, but it is no Dark Knight, which had me squrming with excitement....though at some points, I was really wondering how they were going to pull the ending off, especially with War Machine and I can say that was nicely done.

Saw just a couple of days ago--enjoyed it. Not a bad movie, but not a great one either. Has some flaws, which were expected.

Black Widow was total window-dressing.......her presence did zilch to further the story. Her part really was to establish some ( misfired)sexual tension that really did not need to be there.

I did not like how Vanko goes from being "Whiplash" at Monaco, to becoming ANOTHER armoured-suit guy in the climax. That is the big flaw of this franchise: I'm fearing they'll always come back to fighting yet another guy in a suit--which becomes redundant after the first film.

IMO, I think what they could have done is added another element of Black Widow being assigned to Tony, not to evaluate him, but to act as a safeguard against and to thwart an initial infiltration by someone who'll be revealed as the Spymaster. Yea, its MORE characters--not always a good recipe--but it can set up things for down the road--by having the Spymaster work for the Mandarin.

I thought Fury was a bit too "hip" to be the lead of a super-secret agency like SHIELD, but that is more a question of style.

Hammer was almost annoying, coming across as a guy that was clearly just a hair out of his league, when surrounded by real talent.

He's probably an aspect that the film needed though, a kind of " anti-Tony" to balance how slick Stark was all the time.

I DID like the Palladium sickness aspect, as it was a neat way to give him a "heart problem" with out it actually being his heart.

And War Machine........(sigh) seriously cool stuff.

Everone is saying this movie was sooo amazing, but please tell me how. I enjoyed the film, it wasn't bad at all, but that doesn't make it great either. I think whoever is handling IM has great repect for the characters, storytelling, movies, and audiences. Even with that said, it really was a B- movie...which isn't bad at all. People don't need non-stop action scenes, but the lack thereof was still noticable and at times the movie dragged and had sort of an anti-climatic ending. Regardless, it is still and 'ACTION' movie and its based on a action comic hero, so there still needs to be plenty of action placed in a good story. Its a good story, with good actors, but it is no Dark Knight, which had me squrming with excitement....though at some points, I was really wondering how they were going to pull the ending off, especially with War Machine and I can say that was nicely done.

Comic fans have done this with every major comic movie that has come out in the past 10 years. Hell in 2002 I thought Spider-Man 2 was the pinnacle of Comic movie cinema.

Now? It's worth to keep around if I'm bored.