Iron Man 2 Reviews/Thoughts/Who has seen it

Superpowers1980

Currently watching Iron Man online........was supposed to go to the movies to see it but I had a car problem which cost me 550.00 this week and I still need additional work. I cannot afford the movie so I am watching it online. It doesn't have the magic as the first but so far so good. It has a noticable drag but it keeps you. Nearing the end, surprised no one on TNI in Marvel has a discussion forum.

Oh SP, don't forget to wait until the credits are over...

I just finished so please share your thoughts. I don't know if online they will show all the credits but I know they find Thor's hammer in the desert

btw, thanks for the shout-out about the car biggrin.gif

I am done and truthfully I am glad I didn't pay to see it. It wasn't a bad movie, but wasn't nearly as great as it could of been. Also the last fight with the last dude....don't know if who he is supposed to be didn't even last long at all, his first encounter with Iron Man was better.

PROS:

-Robert Downey Jr. steals the show again.

-Good story.

-Decent action.

-The Senate hearing scene was fantastic and I wish someone would tell off Congress during one of those hearings in real life.

-Justin Hammer/Ivan Vanko were great villains.

-Mjolnir.

CONS:

-Terrence Howard > Don Cheadle

-Black Widow was useless.

-What SP said about the final fight scene was true.

-Jon Favreau inserts himself way too much in the film.

-Nick Fury acted a little too cool for school.

Not as good as the first but a worthy sequel.

I could be overreacting to the negative stuff because I got my HT Battle Damaged Mark III today and it wasn't that great but that's what I got.

Yeah not nearly as good as the first!!

Bad:

Dragged on a bit.

Stark not nearly as cocky or charming as the first!

Rockwell seemed fake when he was angry.

Not enough of Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo.

The last fight ended way too soon, but I think he can be brought back since we did not see him go explode!!

The Black Widow not loosing her American Accent once she was discovered, that one bugged the he'll out of me!!

War Machine not created by Stark.

Almost seemed like they were forcing cameos just to bridge both films, & perhaps show up Terrence Howard.

Good:

War Machine was impressive!!!

Fury was great, funny lines!!

Senate scene was awesome, loved how Tony explained away their evidence!!

Vanko(Rourke) was superb in all his scenes!!

When she was able to cut loose Black Widow kicked all kinds of ass!!! I think they're saving her for the Avengers film!!!

More of the little robot who saved Tony in the first one!!!

Iron Man was impressive, he knew how to handle that suit!

Finding Mjolnir, but why there????

Question: did I blink/fall asleep or did they cut out the scene of Pepper kissing the mask and Tony saying you complete me!!??

You guys basically hit every nail on the head. Downey is a master and you expect nothing less than a superb performance. Finally we got to see classic *drunk* Tony Stark tongue.gif . So I do stand corrected....that was Crimson Dynamo....wasn't sure if that was him or Titanium Man or that other thing...I forget his name (black and green dude), anyway the first fight with Rourke was great, since I watched it online I rewound that fight. Fidning the hammer in Mexico is weird though I didn't see it.

Also I didn't notice that part with Pepper kissing the helmet either...so I don't know, can anyone else confirm anything?

the movie was great.....it was story driven and setting the foundation for thor/cap/avengers. The moive is called ironman, not black widow or war machine...so the small parts they both had were just fine...and the possible spin offs will focus on those characters better. SLJ acted like himself like he does in every movie....except he didnt cuss.

-cap sheild awsome

-thor hammer awsome

-continuing the 10 rings clan, leading to mandarin awsome

-wakanda referance, and viberium possibley being the element that tony/dad created/reproduced awsome

-timeline placement awsome, im2 takes place at the same time as the last hulk movie.

-antartica refferances, either savage land or cap location.

Pros:

1.) Cheadle looked better as Rhodie.

2.) BW whipped a**!

3.) Mickey was awesome as whiplash!

4.) Hammer was too funny!

5.) DJ....give me a beat to beat my buddy's a** to!

6.) the Senator!

Cons:

1.) Fury wasn't Militant enough.

2.) not enough action

3.) Vanko didn't come out as Dynamo

4.) Happy's fight should've been better.(or never happened at all)

5.) The end fight sucked!

6.) why in the hell do they keep having them land with their arms at their sides?!... they looked like bowling pins rocking in the air!

overall....i still liked it!

It didn't feel like there was too much of Jon Favreau(sp?).

Was that the Hammer guy?

No, I'm talking about Happy Hogan, also the director.

Not to me, the problem with him was that his presence was so low and his character was so forced. Same deal with those 2 dudes in Clash of the Titans....the 2 comdey relief's were forced down our throats but had insignificant parts...nothing to attach ourselves to the characters.

The director did good, it was just poor pacing and not enough action.

from the start they said im2 was goign to be a set up movie for cap/thor/avengers...that beign set you know its going to be a story driven movie...which was and it did its job and was great just the way it was made.

Sequels will always have a hard time to be seen as better over the original since the element of surprise is now gone and expectations are really high.

But this movie rocks, the set up was really good, of the many trailers I've seen I was still able to say "whoa didn't saw that coming".

Mark V suit still gave me the chills when I actually saw it, that is one figure I can't wait to get in 6" and Whiplash V1 of course (if they make one in 6" form).

I thought the pacing was good coz the moment I thought I need to see some action a few seconds later there fight/action scenes starts.

ScarJo kicked major a$$ during her action scene and was really glad to see more of Nick Fury.

Its funny once the movie ends it seems majority of the people knew about the after the credits scene, I think only about 4 or 5 people left and the rest stayed.

I guess for me the only disappointment is after a little over 2 hours of watching the movie is I want more (and thats a good thing).

@cjflan32 man I got the HT Battle Damaged IM on Thursday, I guess being that as my first HT I was really impressed. My few complaints are the poseability felt somewhat limited (or maybe I'm just scared to play around with it too much because the figure feels so delicate that I might break it) and the light up head is too clean they should have put some battle damage details on it and just gave us a no helmet RDJ HS with some wounds on his face. But after all that is said I'll definitely try to get more HT Iron Man figures. Hot Toys Black Widow will definitely be one HOT toy smile2.gif

Ok, so I just came from watching this and all I can say is that IT WAS GREAT! I really liked this sequal, I think it has surpassed the original movie in every way! The only bad thing I can say about this movie is that I wish the last fight had lasted a little longer. I loved the action, loved the characters and the humour was simply perfect. I had more laughs at this movie than at many ACTUAL comedies.

Justin Hammer/Ivan Vanko... WOW! Such good performances! I'm even a little sad to see Ivan Vank die because I would like to see more of him on future movies.

I went with my girlfriend who also loved the movie. She liked it so much that I got her asking me all this questions about Captain America, Thor and Shield and so on.

Rgearding the Hot Toys figures. Seeing the movie just made me want to go pre-order the War Machine and the Iron Man figures. I CANNOT WAIT to see what they do for Ivan Vanko (armor style).

Question: did I blink/fall asleep or did they cut out the scene of Pepper kissing the mask and Tony saying you complete me!!??

No, you didn't miss it. It wasn't there. It happens from time to time that you'll see a scene in a trailer that totally misses the finished film.

I really enjoyed this movie. I preferred Terence Howard as Rhodey, but Don Cheadle did a good job. The Mark V armor is just amazingly awesome! And what was up with the camera angle that made it look like Vanko had no legs when they were dragging him away after the Monaco fight?

You guys basically hit every nail on the head. Downey is a master and you expect nothing less than a superb performance. Finally we got to see classic *drunk* Tony Stark tongue.gif . So I do stand corrected....that was Crimson Dynamo....wasn't sure if that was him or Titanium Man or that other thing...I forget his name (black and green dude), anyway the first fight with Rourke was great, since I watched it online I rewound that fight. Fidning the hammer in Mexico is weird though I didn't see it.

Also I didn't notice that part with Pepper kissing the helmet either...so I don't know, can anyone else confirm anything?

By no means is this official, but there was two scenes that were deleted that I noticed.

1. When Pepper kisses the Ironman Helmet and he chases after it.

2. When Scarlet and Robert Downey are "mingling" with the repulser blast.

I think the movie was better than the first, but not better than The Dark Knight. I know I'm going to get #$## for this.

I feel like they wanted to show the love that Pepper and Tony have for each other, and that he no longer would cheat on her with Black Widow. I think they originally they wanted to show that Tony was trying to get with Black Widow (referring back to when they first introduced her) but then they realized that they needed to get along for the rest of the movie. (Pepper and Black Widow work in the same place )So yeah I dunno if that makes sense but yea.

P.S. its New Mexico, not the country-makes no difference, I just live next to New Mexico and well its I felt like it had to be said.

I think the movie was better than the first, but not better than The Dark Knight. I know I'm going to get #$## for this.

Hey, I liked it as good as the first Iron Man and better than The Dark Knight so don't worry! ;) hahaha

And spoiler alert! I must say telling Congress to go f*ck themselves then getting the head dickhead senator to give them medals JUST OWNED! HAHAHAHA #US1# Great summer movie!

And what was up with the camera angle that made it look like Vanko had no legs when they were dragging him away after the Monaco fight?

Ha ha, yeah I noticed that too but it was just the way he was being dragged. At the very last second you can see that he extends his legs to a normal position.

Sequels will always have a hard time to be seen as better over the original since the element of surprise is now gone and expectations are really high.

But this movie rocks, the set up was really good, of the many trailers I've seen I was still able to say "whoa didn't saw that coming".

Mark V suit still gave me the chills when I actually saw it, that is one figure I can't wait to get in 6" and Whiplash V1 of course (if they make one in 6" form).

I thought the pacing was good coz the moment I thought I need to see some action a few seconds later there fight/action scenes starts.

ScarJo kicked major a$$ during her action scene and was really glad to see more of Nick Fury.

Its funny once the movie ends it seems majority of the people knew about the after the credits scene, I think only about 4 or 5 people left and the rest stayed.

I guess for me the only disappointment is after a little over 2 hours of watching the movie is I want more (and thats a good thing).

@cjflan32 man I got the HT Battle Damaged IM on Thursday, I guess being that as my first HT I was really impressed. My few complaints are the poseability felt somewhat limited (or maybe I'm just scared to play around with it too much because the figure feels so delicate that I might break it) and the light up head is too clean they should have put some battle damage details on it and just gave us a no helmet RDJ HS with some wounds on his face. But after all that is said I'll definitely try to get more HT Iron Man figures. Hot Toys Black Widow will definitely be one HOT toy smile2.gif

As a big HT fan I was disappointed by the figure because 1. It wasn't that "damaged" 2. Parts keep falling off and 3. "the light up head is too clean they should have put some battle damage details on it and just gave us a no helmet RDJ HS with some wounds on his face". Couldn't have said it better.

But in HT's defense they can't all be winners. Nine times out of 10 they hit a grand slam and I guess you can't complain too much when they hit a double.

Hey, I liked it as good as the first Iron Man and better than The Dark Knight so don't worry! ;) hahaha

And spoiler alert! I must say telling Congress to go f*ck themselves then getting the head dickhead senator to give them medals JUST OWNED! HAHAHAHA #US1# Great summer movie!

gMAMON101, The Dark Knight is the greatest comic book movie of all time. The first Iron Man came close and that's about it.

NewGuy: Like I said before, I wish others would tell off the hypocrites in our government like Stark did in IM2. Fantastic scene.