Jim Lee's X-Men

Lady Jaye

Do u think we'll ever see a completed Jim Lee X-Men team??

I don't know about anyone else but the 90's was a great time for X-Fans, with the comic, cartoon, and Toy Biz figures we had it all!!

I was left disapointed with Marvel Lends and their lack of ability to pick one era and stick with it. Got X-Men from all over, but nothing coming close to a complete team of any kind, IMHO. If we did get a 90's X-Man it would be in the abysmal Classics line with all their action features and scrawny sculpts.

So while I don't really collect MU figures, I do have Jean Grey and will assuredly pick up Archangel!!! Anyone else in the works, perhaps a Jubilee in her classic attire??

What about u guys, what teams do u want to see completed?? Any Alpha Flight fans in here?

I would have loved a boxed set or two for marvel legends ... I simply do not care about any other scale ... What I would like to see is jim lees xmen run collected in a hard cover or omnibus stlyed book... Honestly I don't know why its not been done already... I know there is a trade out but I don't collect those @loll@ Does marvel need jim lees permission or something to print out his stuff again ?

• Like 1

I grew up with Jim Lee X-Men... My hope is fading to complete the team in any line... I am working on the Minimates version at the moment... We are finally getting Professor X in his yellow hovercraft in the next wave... But once again Jubilee status is doubtful...

See what I mean, they made Prof X, but it wasn't in the hoverchair we all knew from the comics and cartoon!!

Glad to see some Jim Lee era fans!! Forget about over ordering and speculation, they still r great stories!!!

Sorry to hear u only want them in 6" format, me I just want a complete team!! Where's my Rogue that doesn't look fugly like the box set did!! Man my favorite X-Chick and they made her look hideous!!!!

• Like 1

ur talking about a maybe 6 yr span for a franchise thats been around for about 50 yrs now. i could understand if the span was greater part of the overall yrs that xmen has been around. prof x has spent more time in a reg wheelchair than a yellow hoverchair. its like someone younger coming out and arguing that they want a grant morrison/ frank queitly version of the xmen because thats what they grew up on. All these redsigns were short term to breath new life into the books.

Ahhh yes my dear LeCaros a image makeover it was, but one that spanned many different forms of media! The re-design that Quietly did was really only felt in the comics and to some degree the films!! But to an entire generation of kids and teens; Jim Lee's X-Men is how they are remembered!! They were in comics, cartoons, video games, and of course toys!! Don't forget the food tie in's from fast food to cereal, They were everywhere and looked the same!! This look is what defined the X-Men, even to this day!! I think even at the Universal Marvel rides they still have them in their iconic 90's attire?? Not since Star Wars was there ever such a well defined and consistent property!!! A simple redesign I beg to differ!!

• Like 1

The Jim Lee era was my first encounter of the X-Men (I am a DC guy) but that is when the Marvel dominated my comic/toy/cartoon purchases for about 3 years. With that, I don't find his era as one that I need, actually I prefer a Marvel Legends version of the original blue and yellow team....that version is the one I really want.

The Jim Lee era was my first encounter of the X-Men (I am a DC guy) but that is when the Marvel dominated my comic/toy/cartoon purchases for about 3 years. With that, I don't find his era as one that I need, actually I prefer a Marvel Legends version of the original blue and yellow team....that version is the one I really want.

You mean to say the original 5?? Where Iceman was really looking like Snowman and Beast was human looking?? They did a box set of that era if memory serves correctly. But that may have been right before Marvel Legends??

Yup Lees xmen was the first comic I brought with my own $ walked in and asked for a xmen #1 @loll@ & that is what the guy gave me :D When I first started getting into cgc stuff it was also the first cgc purchase I made :D I'd like to get my original #1 signed by him someday too ... still have it :)

PDR_2801.jpg

Ahhh yes my dear LeCaros a image makeover it was, but one that spanned many different forms of media! The re-design that Quietly did was really only felt in the comics and to some degree the films!! But to an entire generation of kids and teens; Jim Lee's X-Men is how they are remembered!! They were in comics, cartoons, video games, and of course toys!! Don't forget the food tie in's from fast food to cereal, They were everywhere and looked the same!! This look is what defined the X-Men, even to this day!! I think even at the Universal Marvel rides they still have them in their iconic 90's attire?? Not since Star Wars was there ever such a well defined and consistent property!!! A simple redesign I beg to differ!!

You make good points, the cartoon & toys helped make a lot of fans & speaking of food I also seem to remember pizza hut had some kind of advertisement thing going on with them too... I think I wanted the cups as a kid @loll@

• Like 1

See what I mean, they made Prof X, but it wasn't in the hoverchair we all knew from the comics and cartoon!!

Glad to see some Jim Lee era fans!! Forget about over ordering and speculation, they still r great stories!!!

Sorry to hear u only want them in 6" format, me I just want a complete team!! Where's my Rogue that doesn't look fugly like the box set did!! Man my favorite X-Chick and they made her look hideous!!!!

Who didnt have a crush on Rogue?... LOL

Yeah... They did Rogue wrong by making that creepy looking one...

when Jim Lee started doing X-Men is the year when I started getting into the series, both Uncanny Xmen and the new Xmen series. those were the golden age of comics for me. after he left i stopped reading X-titles especially after Fatal Attractions.

You mean to say the original 5?? Where Iceman was really looking like Snowman and Beast was human looking?? They did a box set of that era if memory serves correctly. But that may have been right before Marvel Legends??

Oh yeah that is the team I want. I know about the box set but that doesn't really count, its sub-par to Marvel Legends. Also they could spruce up Iceman, not be too snowbally.....if you know what I mean. Also yes, I want a human, big hands and big foot Beast. The classic team is important. It's equally as important and the Legends version of the Spiderman with webs under his arms, or classic/original grey Hulk. BTW, I want a decent, better Magneto. I waited years to get the Legends version, which is utter trash.

first of its Lecaros not LeCaros lol

second of all thats for you and me and everyone that was born in the 80s.....for other people they grew up on the ginat size xmen era, they had a few cartoon made in that era with those costumes as well as games too............it all depends on how old you are.

its like transformers...to me and you its g1 or nothing...but other people grew up with beatwars, or cybertron/energon....or even the movies and those are their default TFS

hrmm ... I duno pogoman has his kids hooked on 80's toons like transformers though they also watch the new stuff too @loll@ I wonder which they will end up liking when they get older if any... hmm...

yeah but pogo isnt everyone....the majority of people will let kids watch whatever cartoons are on tv now for the most part, so they will grow up on the versions out now.

All these redsigns were short term to breath new life into the books.

That's pretty much the definition of any redesign ever. But Lady Jaye is right. Jim Lee's X-Men designs were the look of the team for nearly a decade. Comics, cartoons, toys...I grew up on them too!

Let's see Jean Gray, hover chair Prof, and Jubilee (Marvel Legends, please, not MU).

PS. there are a couple complete teams out there...Astonishing X-Men...actually that's the only one I can think of right now...

I was never an X-Men fan until the FOX cartoon. I thought wow, not bad, and I really like that Gambit character. Went out and bought the first half dozen issues of the Jim Lee X-Men, and I was hooked. While I've all but given up in the X-Men comics today, I am still a huge Gambit fan (even have a tattoo on my shoulder of him).

That said, yeah, I'd love to see some classic Jim Lee X-Men figures, but I doubt they would label it that way, with Jim Lee now a big wig at DC. I was not impressed with the 3 inch line (hated the Gambit figure from the Wolverine movie) until they came out with the Secret Wars line. Two figures and a comic from the series. Not bad. You could easily do this with the X-Men, adding in an issue from the historic run:

Cyclops & Jean

Gambit & Rogue

Wolverine & Jubilee

Archangel & Iceman

Professor X & Magneto

Colossus & Nightcrawler

Psylocke & Beast

And, yes, I would kill to see the Age of Apocolypse line done as well.

BWA HAH HAHAHAHA!! A CGC X-Men #1! What is that worth, a dollar? Ha ha!

I agree with JJ that the Jim Lee designs were but one of many over the years, it's association with a comic that had a printing of over 9 million copies (not to mention the cartoon which introduced a lot of people the the team and comic in general)means that probably more people are familiar with that era than many others.

I personally am waiting patiently for Hasbro to complete the Australian Outback era team in the Marvel Legends line. Psylocke with purple hair and armor, Rogue in her black bodysuit and green tanktop, Dazzler, and mohawk Storm. ;)

second of all thats for you and me and everyone that was born in the 80s.....for other people they grew up on the ginat size xmen era, they had a few cartoon made in that era with those costumes as well as games too............it all depends on how old you are.

its like transformers.

Really a cartoon in the 70's??? Could u post a link cause I never knew of a cartoon that existed before the 90's cartoon. Well there was Pryde of the X-Mem, bit that was just a pilot! Spidey and his Amazing Friends but they only guest appeared, and both those cartoons were in the 80's!! And what games do u speak of sir??? The arcade never had licensed comic video games until the 80's, pinball notwithstanding. So a little empirical evidence is needed from you, otherwise please concede that the Jim Lee era of the X-Men was not merely just another costume change, but rather a marketing and merchandizing blitz that had never been seen in the comics world!! One look, one team, known to everyone, even to this day!!

Now it may have started as a simple costume update/change, but it became much more once it was embraced as the definitive look of the X-Men for over a decade and beyond!! For example the last 2 cartoons each looked different they had their own toy lines, and really could not be mixed in with the comic based lines. Rewind to the second Gen of Toy Biz X-Men figures , the figures could have come from the comic or the cartoon? If I didn't know a character I had 2 reference points from which to look them up?? That kind of continuity just doesn't exist, not like it did back then!

Now Transformers. I completely agree, they are simply the style of the month, What gen are they in now? 10?? :D

well pryde was a pilot that never took off and then they had like 2 more pryde time of cartoon movies.....they also had the xmen arcade game that was like a 6 player game that had cyclops in the skull cap, nightcrawler, wolverine (brown), storm in the black and white tierra outfit, dazzler and colossus.

i have a friend that is about 7 yrs older than me...and to him the xmen peak is the phoeinx storyline era....to him and im sure a lot of people thats their go to team.

I knew you would bring up the X-Men game from Konami. They got chracters from different eras of the X-Men!! Cyke hadn't been with the team since the early eighties, when the game came out he was with X-Factor. Wolverine was in his current costume, but yet Storm was in her original one!! Nightcrawler was with Excalibur, and so on!!

Now obviously you're right about different ages remembering different incarnations of the team, but I'm talking outside the nerd realm of comics. The universal look of the X-Men was the Jim Lee era!! Not just among comic nerds, but anyone that bought or watched X-Men merch either for themselves or their kids!!! This was a look that lasted over a decade, and to some degree can be seen in the general populace still!!

I just googled Rogue, Cyke, Storm, Psylocke, and Jean Grey, and the larger number of pics came from the movie!! But right behind or equal to movie pics were....yup u guessed it pics showing them in the Jim Lee era outfits!!! Only Jean had pics in her Dark Phoenix suit, but those pics mainly came from Greg Song's 2 Phoenix mini series!!! Over 2 decades since they appeared in those outfits and google has them up in their top pic searches!!! That alone says something!! The perennial look of the X-Men is from our generation!!!! As Stan Lee would say, 'nuff said!!!

you said it "our" generation....thats who pretty much runs the internet too lol

ill agree with you that jim lees rouge is the defintive look for that character. before that she ran around in the green jumpsuit, and since the lee era she really hasnt had a new costume except for the xtreme one which just kind of a diff color of the lee one.

cyclops, idk i just always picture him with a skull cap lol

storm i always see her in like her 1st app type of dress

and jean...phoenix green

like i said it really has to do with what gen the person is from....and right now the baby boomer 80s babies are the ones runnign the world...and for them the jim lee era is the team.