Transformers Prime News...

Nguyen_Dragon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno guys. I think it's a pretty big leap to start suggesting a line of retooled movie toys based on one character design. Bumblebee is Bay-styled, yes. But I think that's because he is so recognizable in that form at this point. He's the face of the Transformers franchise now. I believe that when they get around to making his toy, it will be a completely new mold. Based on the image we've seen, it will likely be an unbranded car and not a Camaro.

• 1 month later...

WOW we are behind I found this am surprised it wasn't posted earlier

Hasbro and CakeMix Studios revealed a ton of information about the upcoming Transformers: PRIME series that will air later this fall on The Hub. The following information are the notes I took throughout the duration of their panel. Looks like some great stuff. Hope you guys are as excited as I am!

-------------------------------------------------------

Full CG show (computer animation cartoon)

Movie set the bar for Autobot - Decepticon action

Crazy awesome action

Amazed at what they have in the show

Level of CG never been attempted for TV

Show picks up on Earth

Bots and Cons have been living on Earth for a while

Group of Autobots stayed behind

Some have left

Cybertron is a bit of a husk

Decepticon activity is at a minimum

Decepticons return

Optimus Prime is leading the Autobots

Megatron returns

Group of Autobots: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Arcee (motorcycle), Bulkhead, Ratchet, Cliffjumper

Group of Decepticons: Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave

Exploring the characters in new and different ways

People behind the show really do get it

Currently working on the last few scripts of the first season

26 episodes initially

CakeMix Studios

Peter Cullen and Frank Welker as voice actors

Doing a more "softer, evil side" voice for Megatron

Cullen: privilege to work with Welker

Showed video clip of Cullen and Welker talking about each other, how great it is to work with each other again, and them doing a recording session together. Pretty awesome.

Megatron has some classic elements to his look. Bucket head, arm cannon. G1 is biggest reference.

Prime looks like a cross between movie prime and WFC Prime.

Can't reveal other voice actors at this time.

Megatron transforms into a jet. He is not an Earth vehicle. Very space age looking jet. Cybertronian technology. Lot of fire power.

Goal is around 65 episodes to offset the cost of creating the CG models

Really focused on the G1 point of view

If you're a fan of TFA or Beast Wars, there might be some nods to those series in first season but focus is G1

Not sure what it will air on internationally and Canada

Wouldn't answer questions about Transformers Prime toys.

Yes there will be humans. Show is bot-centric however.

Alluded to there being a macguffin

Optimus Prime transforms into a aemi-truck similar to the movie

Bumblebee transforms into a Camaro looking car

Megatron transforms into a jet similar to the 1st movie jet

Look of the robots reminds me of the movie, but stylized (ala the Bumblebee images we've already seen)

Bulkhead's alt mode pulls from the "lore". Assuming he will have a mode similar to his TFA self.

Arcee will have one bot humanoid mode. Will NOT be like ROTF version.

Cliffjumper will have his own bot mode. Not a Bumblebee repaint

Susan Blu was directing Welker and Cullen in video they showed us. Could she be Arcee?

The Hub channel debuts 10-10-10 (October 10th, 2010). Transformers: Prime might not initially debut with the channel and might be a month or two behind the channel's launch.

If we are getting retooled figures or movie figures there sales will plummet giving them a reason to kill the line.By the way things are going it looks like they want that to happen.

maybe that's what gonna happen on 2012 with the third film

I understand why they want to make it like the movies because that's what the "kids" know now. I still stick to the fact that I know at one point they were made for kids but eventually they need to realize the collectors are the real ones keeping TF's alive. I thought they got it with Alt's or when they introduced the Classics line but then they just went further and further into sloppy molds IMO. I'm not shocked by this or happy about it either.

I understand why they want to make it like the movies because that's what the "kids" know now. I still stick to the fact that I know at one point they were made for kids but eventually they need to realize the collectors are the real ones keeping TF's alive. I thought they got it with Alt's or when they introduced the Classics line but then they just went further and further into sloppy molds IMO. I'm not shocked by this or happy about it either.

Problem is neither of those lines sold nearly as well as the movie line; I'm not sure about that "collectors are keeping tf's alive" either. I don't think we make up that much of hasbro's sales.

That being said, I don't really mind the look of the movie bots. What I do mind is that neither film had anything resembling plot or characterization. Give me those, and some decent humor, and I won't be too harsh on the designs. As long as the toys look good, of course.

That being said, I don't really mind the look of the movie bots. What I do mind is that neither film had anything resembling plot or characterization. Give me those, and some decent humor, and I won't be too harsh on the designs. As long as the toys look good, of course.

This is pretty much where I'm coming from. In general, I didn't particularly have anything against the robot designs prior to actually seeing the first film. Yeah, there have been some hits and some misses... and some were just bad (looking at you, Devastator). But then I saw the movie, and it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I avoided buying any movie toys until about 2 weeks ago.

But you know what? It doesn't bother me so much that I can't get into the movies so long as they keep Transformers in the limelight. I figure if the movies do well, and kids are buying up Transformers like it's 1985, Hasbro is going to feel confident enough to keep throwing collectors a bone here and there with G1 reissues, the Generations line, and Masterpiece figures. There's no denying that Transformers is a healthy franchise right now.

• 2 months later...

new images and bios

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/transformers-prime-starts-now-bulkhead-soundwave-starscream-and-main-cast-revealed-t69792.php

not sure about soundwave but the others look good like I said on Seibertron it looks like Gundam seed with a hint of TF animated