Transformers Prime News...

Nguyen_Dragon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit tired of the movie aesthetic, but I'll wait until I see the cartoon to pass judgment. I didn't think animated was going to be any good and it turned out awesome.

..and remember this is just one picture; really not much to go on yet.

not a fan. I also hate the constant changing of continuities. I loved g1- beast machines cause they all linked together... okay i didn't "love" beast machines but that was one of th best parts of that show, that it linked back to g1. I'll give War for Cybertron video game a chance though.

not a fan. I also hate the constant changing of continuities. I loved g1- beast machines cause they all linked together... okay i didn't "love" beast machines but that was one of th best parts of that show, that it linked back to g1. I'll give War for Cybertron video game a chance though.

I don't think we will ever see another toon linked back to G1 which is sad

I don't think we will ever see another toon linked back to G1 which is sad

I'd rather hasbro/takara just let g1 be and move on; there have been enough tie-in shows. Let the new shows stand (or fall) on their own merit.

I don't mean it has to be G1 but I would love for it to be in the same continuity

To hell with the other continuities

Imagine doing that with Star Wars?

I know what you mean, I simply disagree; I'd rather have future cartoons be independent of g1 and build off of themselves (ie, the unicron trilogy and now Prime's connection w/ the movie universe).

Case in point: takara tries to connect every continuity to g1 and it's a jumbled, nonsensical mess. I'd rather not have that. Other shows can still use the character names and ideas of g1 (ie, the matrix, unicron, etc.), but I think g1 as a storyline should be left alone, and not continually added to, to the point of being unintelligible.

• 1 month later...

Sort of sounds similar to what idw is doing in the ongoing ... frankly I hate it ... Whats more annoying is they keep doing g1 based covers yet inside is movie styled crap! If MSC is so hot why do they keep doing g1 covers ??.. Huh?? Huh?! HRM... I LOL at MSC! I think everyone should just use the term MSC when talking about movie styled crap from now on @loll@

I suppose it makes some sense, if not a bit lazy: "Hey, the movies did well! So did animated! Let's combine them!"

As long as the plot/characters are of the same quality as Animated and not the films, I think I may be happy w/ this series.

• 1 month later...

Damnit... Its going to be movie based... On the bright side I will be saving a lot of money...

I second that! I hate the Movie bots design and now they carried into the animated world. Crap! Then again, it saves me money for something else.

http://tformers.com/transformers-first-full-look-at-transformers-prime-bumblebee/13664/news.html

First look at BB... Too much movie influence for my taste...

Thats not the first look they showed him months ago with the hub logo

I was hoping that was just something they quickly put together for the logo... But now we see the full figure... Damn...