JOECON IMAGES

Viper Hunter

I was there you didnt see me? i was right next to you at the urinal in the mens room. but i only got a couple of blurry cell phone pic's :( always next year!

@smilepunch@

hehe

TM

Cool pics, were there many folks dressed up as characters? Or was this the gist of it?

I got to thinking on your "had their way with me" comment, as they say in these internets, "Pics or it didn't happen!" =P

One of these decades I'll attempt to make it out to a con. But for some reason, I just never made it a total priority. Which is sort of odd considering if there was a con I'd go to, it'd sure be something like this. =D

jaych.jpg

Hey!

What's that under your shirt?

Were you trying to smuggle out unreleased Hasbro product?

@smilepunch@

Man...I really want to make a convention one of these years. They look like a ton of fun. :)

I managed to snag a seat a this table for the Awards Dinner. Tom, Corey, and Rod (plus Jim Betel from HissTank) Scott and Craig... plus an older gentleman and a Green Beret, Willy I think. I didn't mingle much at the Con, but I was glad to end it in the company of awesome Joefans like these guys!

4572392856_50cd7edd39_b.jpg

I also bumped into this guy a lot:

4572505966_cafdc1257e_b.jpg

It's only been ten years, but time has certainly taken it's toll... on me!

4582250833_b2e89b319c_b.jpg

And this shot is from the last time I attended a Con... in Chicago, 1995, where I met Don Levine, the man who created G.I.Joe.

4582879004_fd672d942e_b.jpg

Awesome pics SE!

I managed to snag a seat a this table for the Awards Dinner. Tom, Corey, and Rod (plus Jim Betel from HissTank) Scott and Craig... plus an older gentleman and a Green Beret, Willy I think. I didn't mingle much at the Con, but I was glad to end it in the company of awesome Joefans like these guys!

4572392856_50cd7edd39_b.jpg

I was only a General Admission loser this year, so I couldn't attend the dinner, but my pals Tom and kevin forced themselves to suffer thru a pre-dinner meal with me and Chrissy at the D&B. Next time will be different and I'm going first class all the way..... @hmmm@ as long as Tom pays for it!

`

I'm a little jealous of you guys, looks like you had fun. Maybe one day. I used to hope they would hold one very close to my old home, so know I 'm going to have to start rooting for an artic themed convention in Alaska!

/

'

Oh MAN - I am so sorry I didn't see this thread sooner!

I guess I'm stating the obvious here, but the best part about conventions is seeing friends. That said, it was a highlight of my convention experience to finally meet Dan (Viper Hunter) I have spoken with him at length via the net and a few brief phone calls over the years, but there's something satisfying about meeting someone in person - especially when they're exactly the same guy on-line as they are in-person. What might that be, you ask? A big, country wierdo. ; )

Another bonus I have to say was putting a face to the name 'Straight Edge'! I had seen him many, many times on-line, but meeting in person was awesome. He overheard Corey and I hating on the internet community, and knew he found kindred spirits. XD

And if I didn't mention you, that's probably because I already MET you before! ; )

Tom

PS - Dan, if you think I'm paying for your next trip, that boat has SAILED! You better sell some more uniforms, fella!

[

PS - Dan, if you think I'm paying for your next trip, that boat has SAILED! You better sell some more uniforms, fella!

You fickle b!tch! @grumpy@

You had your chance THIS year because I could have driven a few miles out of the way and picked your Johnny-Come-Lately butt up! XD But wherever I end up staying next year, you're more than welcome to chip in and stay with me!

Tom

/

I'm a little jealous of you guys, looks like you had fun. Maybe one day. I used to hope they would hold one very close to my old home, so know I 'm going to have to start rooting for an artic themed convention in Alaska!

Somebody mentioned Indianapolis as the next locale for a JoeCon? Just rumor, but if so, you could make that one Naz! :)

1000416n.jpg

Just look at the cool free stuff you get!

Given the constant jokes about his age, did anyone expect VH to look ALOT older then he does?

[

Given the constant jokes about his age, did anyone expect VH to look ALOT older then he does?

48 going on 20? Looks wise? @haha@

Also: do you have that beard all the time or were you just trying to look like an Adventure Team Joe for the Con?

48 going on 20? Looks wise? @haha@

Also: do you have that beard all the time or were you just trying to look like an Adventure Team Joe for the Con?

Thought about doing the AT thing, but procrastinated for too long and even had to cutback on registering vs general admission. Probably will lose the beard here soon. Makes me look OLD! @haha@

I gotta add to this - while I always knew VH was an older gentleman, it was a bit alarming how young you looked. I figured you might've been the first 30-something on the internet to lie UP about his age. XD

Tom