I hate the C&C or BAF concept!!!!!

rodimusconvoy21

btw, i just came from TRU. It looks like Hasbro released another Star Wars Build a Droid wave. Guess they aren't done with that concept.

And my kid keeps bugging me to buy him four more star wars figs to complete a droid. I guess that proves what a horrible marketing strategy it is.

And yes, I was FORCED TO BUY THEM. /sarcasm. I told my son he would have to save money if he wanted to complete it. he seemed ok with it.

I actually think they are done with that, so Flounnderr is correct.

• Like 1

btw, i just came from TRU. It looks like Hasbro released another Star Wars Build a Droid wave. Guess they aren't done with that concept.

And my kid keeps bugging me to buy him four more star wars figs to complete a droid. I guess that proves what a horrible marketing strategy it is.

And yes, I was FORCED TO BUY THEM. /sarcasm. I told my son he would have to save money if he wanted to complete it. he seemed ok with it.

THe wave you're talking about is the final BAD wave that is exclusive to TRU. After that Hasbro abandoned the strategy.

I'm glad your child enjoys the star wars figures, but it sounds to me that he's more interested in the BAD.

Either way, let me know how your child feels when he or she is buying the toys (without any help from you) and they have to spend over $120 per wave for that same BAD.

I actually would be interested to see the data that Hasbro based their decision to cancel the BAD strategy, but they don't release that info to the public.

regards

Joshua

Hasbro is done with the BAD concept. The last BAD wave seems to be just hitting the stores so that's what you're seeing.

THe wave you're talking about is the final BAD wave that is exclusive to TRU. After that Hasbro abandoned the strategy.

I'm glad your child enjoys the star wars figures, but it sounds to me that he's more interested in the BAD.

Either way, let me know how your child feels when he or she is buying the toys (without any help from you) and they have to spend over $120 per wave for that same BAD.

I actually would be interested to see the data that Hasbro based their decision to cancel the BAD strategy, but they don't release that info to the public.

regards

Joshua

i'll have to take your word for that. kind of a cool wave tho w/ Han and Leia's kids in it.

Anyway, my kid likes the figures too. He just thinks getting bonus pieces is a good idea. Either way, it's smart marketing and it obviously works.

And I don't have to ask him how he feels about spending $120 to complete a BAF. I can tell you how *I* feel and that is if the BAF is worth it, I'll buy the whole wave. Even if there are figs I'm less interested in. I can always sell those off for $10 min.

i'll have to take your word for that. kind of a cool wave tho w/ Han and Leia's kids in it.

Anyway, my kid likes the figures too. He just thinks getting bonus pieces is a good idea. Either way, it's smart marketing and it obviously works.

And I don't have to ask him how he feels about spending $120 to complete a BAF. I can tell you how *I* feel and that is if the BAF is worth it, I'll buy the whole wave. Even if there are figs I'm less interested in. I can always sell those off for $10 min.

I'm not a big EU fan but i do want the jedi (kkruhk or something like that). I also want the bad from that wave so here's another example of making a choice to buy the entire wave or not. There's no other options except ebay or trolling forums to cobble together the parts.

I already wrote about the sell off argument but basicly the price on unwanted figures aren't going anywhere if nobody wants them. You think you can sell an eclipso from wave 12 now for 10.00? I got one if you want it.

regards,

Joshua

Funny how we are talking about the build a droid figure in the Star Wars forum

I know its the same if you want the droid you have to get the figures you don't want

I know its the same if you want the droid you have to get the figures you don't want

that is ironic. I am glad I am not a droid fan, I have the advert for these in TF and was not impressed with the idea. If SW is going that route, they really could of came up with a cooler idea for a BAF in the SW universe.

Am i weird for not liking SW?

like, at all? like you don't even like the original movies?

nope. Star Wars is just corny to me. I like Lightsabers, Yoda, Maul, and Vader.....that's it!

nope. Star Wars is just corny to me. I like Lightsabers, Yoda, Maul, and Vader.....that's it!

streets behind

I'd say no, especially with the quality of the prequel movies.

I am like the only one on the planet who likes Episode II and III, my only problem is that I think there should be a movie that showed Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi, now that would be sweeeeeet

Oh yeah back to Pooda..it makes you a little weird, now if you said Star Trek then I could understand, Star Wars is in a totally different league, its like you have to accept it...lol.

that is ironic. I am glad I am not a droid fan, I have the advert for these in TF and was not impressed with the idea. If SW is going that route, they really could of came up with a cooler idea for a BAF in the SW universe.

The droid thing to me was cool even though I hated grabing figures I didn't want.BTW I liked episode 3

streets behind

I am the streets!(lol)

I'd take Star Trek over Star Wars every single day of the week.

I think that im in the same boat as you.

streets behind

I am the streets!(lol)

I'd take Star Trek over Star Wars every single day of the week.

I think that im in the same boat as you.

BLASPHEMYrundum.gifrundum.gifrundum.gifrundum.gifrundum.gif

I like the original SW movies (IV, V, and VI) with Empire being the best. Hated the prequels. I also like original ST, ST:NG and ST:DS9. The other ST shows were just ok. The ST:NG Borg movie is my favorite of the ST movies.

There's two kinds of Star Wars.

I'd take Star Trek over those crappy prequils any day. If your talking original SW, it's a tie!

Actually, we're supposed to be talking about CnC and DCUC figures.

regards

Joshua

We were talking about that stuff.

Then your argument got torn to shreds and you conveniently stopped talking about it.

• Like 1

SP, you are not alone in your fondness of the prequels.

I enjoy all six Star Wars movies, as well as the Clone Wars mini-sodes. In fact my only problem with the second volume of that series is it wasn't put on the big screen.

• Like 1

We were talking about that stuff.

Then your argument got torn to shreds and you conveniently stopped talking about it.

Oh yeah, I forgot that happened. Please accept my apology for the intrusion on your conversation.

regards

Joshua

PS- I gave you some +1's, You're so right all the time. Thank you.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it is one and the same thing. Their marketing strategy is based on greed, ie forcing people to buy multiple items they may not want in order to get the item they do want. That's not only greed, it's greedy marketing that shows desperation. Why can't they sell their toys without this forced manipulation?

Why??

Because the toy line would peter out after wave 3, and that is about the point where the " in-demand" characters would run out. The remaining most requested choices would be a mish-mash of random picks all across the board.

That would make it next to impossible to pick characters for subsequent waves because few if any characters would take the lead in preference.

The BAF concept is a savvy way to flesh out a roster of characters by salting well-known mainstream characters with obscure lesser-known characters. Its not desperation, its a careful consideration of building play and collecting patterns. By extending out the insertion of various team members, and other headliners around 2nd & 3rd-tier characters they extend the life of the line. The bonus is you get the BAF in the process.

If fans picked the rosters, it would be a big, early crescendo of "choice" characters, and quickly fizzle into esoteric choices that no-one can agree on as being widely appealing--where is the fun in that??

Sure, this way you'll encounter characters you may not know or care much about.....but why not take it as an opportunity to learn about them instead?

And as said before, if you really cannot stand them, you can always sell them off and keep the BAF.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it is one and the same thing. Their marketing strategy is based on greed, ie forcing people to buy multiple items they may not want in order to get the item they do want. That's not only greed, it's greedy marketing that shows desperation. Why can't they sell their toys without this forced manipulation?

Why??

Because the toy line would peter out after wave 3, and that is about the point where the " in-demand" characters would run out. The remaining most requested choices would be a mish-mash of random picks all across the board.

That would make it next to impossible to pick characters for subsequent waves because few if any characters would take the lead in preference.

The BAF concept is a savvy way to flesh out a roster of characters by salting well-known mainstream characters with obscure lesser-known characters. Its not desperation, its a careful consideration of building play and collecting patterns. By extending out the insertion of various team members, and other headliners around 2nd & 3rd-tier characters they extend the life of the line. The bonus is you get the BAF in the process.

If fans picked the rosters, it would be a big, early crescendo of "choice" characters, and quickly fizzle into esoteric choices that no-one can agree on as being widely appealing--where is the fun in that??

Sure, this way you'll encounter characters you may not know or care much about.....but why not take it as an opportunity to learn about them instead?

And as said before, if you really cannot stand them, you can always sell them off and keep the BAF.

I'm not a big DC fan. There are tons of DCUC figs I have who I don't know about, but I really appreciate the figures themselves. From sculpt to paint. Like I don't know who Despero is, but his figure is pretty damn cool looking.