I hate the C&C or BAF concept!!!!!

rodimusconvoy21

This is the deal, I want a Darkseid figure, but, in order to get him completed, I have to get guys like Dr. Midnite, Eclipso or Iron. I dont want them. I dont even know who they are. They should offer an option to people like me who has very little interest on these characters. I know there is people out there who would like to get the entire JSA cast, or Teen Titans, even the Secret Society, but I would like to be able to get certain C&C figures w/o having to give up my unborn child on ebay for them. Ok, I feel better now @smilepunch@

same here man, but that's just how this business work. i remember when i started collecting this line i told myself i wan't getting every figure they release because i already have some of them from DC Direct.

now, because of the C&C/BAF i have bought each and every one and thinking of getting rid of my DC Direct figures. :D

no you don't. check ebay for the c&c/baf you want and just buy it. it will usually be less than if you bought all the figs brand new.

or buy all the figs and then sell the ones you don't want.

I see it both ways, I love the idea of an extra figure, but sometimes having to buy figures I don't want stinks!! I don't want Kamandi or Blue Beetle!! Will find a way to get rid of them!!

I see it both ways, I love the idea of an extra figure, but sometimes having to buy figures I don't want stinks!! I don't want Kamandi or Blue Beetle!! Will find a way to get rid of them!!

Great Googily Moogiley.....Kamandi

Kamandi is by far the first and only figure I don't want and wish I didn't need from this line.

I hate the concept as well. It's a sign of weakness from companies. Apparently they don't believe people will buy their figures so they force collectors to buy multiples in order to get the one they want. When it comes to goofy characters like Imperiex, which I have no use for, I don't care, because I'd never buy him anyway. But with figures like Giganta, I have to buy ones I'd never want, like Gentleman Ghost, Vigilante, and worse of all Mr. Terrific (why not the GA/JSA version?). I'd gladly pay $25 for Giganta as a whole figure in the store. But don't make me buy $90 worth of figures I don't want and may not be able to re-sell or trade off just to get her, especially when half of them are ones I don't want.

It's sheer greed, just like Secret Wars was. Thanks Marvel! @grumpy@

And as for buying them on ebay, yeah, right. Scalpers are selling Giganta for more than it costs to get all the figures it takes to build her!

again...you don't have to buy every figure in a wave to get the C&C. you make the choice. you're inventing things to hate on.

If you say so....I just dont like the idea to be forced to get things I dont want nor need to get what I really want.

• Like 1

I hate the concept as well. It's a sign of weakness from companies. Apparently they don't believe people will buy their figures so they force collectors to buy multiples in order to get the one they want. When it comes to goofy characters like Imperiex, which I have no use for, I don't care, because I'd never buy him anyway. But with figures like Giganta, I have to buy ones I'd never want, like Gentleman Ghost, Vigilante, and worse of all Mr. Terrific (why not the GA/JSA version?). I'd gladly pay $25 for Giganta as a whole figure in the store. But don't make me buy $90 worth of figures I don't want and may not be able to re-sell or trade off just to get her, especially when half of them are ones I don't want.

It's sheer greed, just like Secret Wars was. Thanks Marvel! 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

And as for buying them on ebay, yeah, right. Scalpers are selling Giganta for more than it costs to get all the figures it takes to build her!

The reason we got Michael instead of the Golden Age Mr. Terrific is because Michael is/was one of the most prominent members of the current JSA. The Doctors Midnite should've both appeared, tho.

And forgive me if I'm not following you correctly, but it's somehow "Marvel"'s fault that DCUC participates in the BAF concept?!? Buhwha? I thought Mattel started putting those holes in the sides of the blisters so no one would be getting loopy from the plastic fumes.

I have to get guys like Dr. Midnite, Eclipso or Iron. I dont want them.

.... And that's why they do it. They want every single figure in the wave to be bought. They do not want some obscure character sitting on the pegs intil the end of time. Which is fan service, and I'm sure there's many a fan boy out there who are delighted.

Having said that. My favorite BAF of all time is the Marvel Legends Sentinels. It was a great way to get out a very large figure.

Ha ha ha, sorry I reminded ya!!! I'm sure some fanboys will love the figure, but I don't!! I just wish he came with the stand!!!

That's the way I feel about the Superpowers figures, except they do come with stands now. ;)

Blasphemy!! LOL!! Its Super Powers versions for me all the way!! To me they look soo much cooler than the comic counterparts!!! I mean Steppenwolk as s yellow skinned Robin Hood knockoff or the tanned guy with a spiked suit and an electro ax, the Super Powers redesign definitely!!! ParaDemons monkey looking creatures from the comics or actual red demon look?? Super Powers version for me again!!! But the best part of this line is that they did both to satisfy all fans!!!!!

• Like 1

It's sheer greed, just like Secret Wars was. Thanks Marvel! 893Grumpy-thumb.gif

That was my biggest issue with Marvel Legends. I wouldn't have bought half of those figures if I didn't want the BAF. I took what I wanted and sold the scraps on eBay.

At least DC provides unique and interesting figures. Plus they don't chop them up into tiny pieces and put them with crappy figures you already have like the Ares and Ronan wave from ML.

It's sheer greed, just like Secret Wars was. Thanks Marvel! @grumpy@

I hate the concept as well. It's a sign of weakness from companies.

I get real sick of hearing people refer to the "BAF" (or the "C-n-C") as "greed". It is NOT greed. It's marketing. And it's DAMN GOOD marketing, by the way.

NO ONE forces you to buy all the figures. In fact, NO ONE forces you to buy ANY of the figures.

MATTEL is actually offering you a REALLY sweet deal: "Hey! You can have this REALLY awesome DARKSEID figure at no extra cost if you buy ALL the figures in the wave!"

HOW is that "greed"? It's no different than buying a second pair of shoes at SKECHERS for 50%-off the retail price. Is that greed, too?? Again...NO ONE forces you to buy the extra pair of shoes.

It's not "weakness", either. It's a brilliant marketing strategy.

And if all you wanted was a GIGANTA, just go get a Barbie, because that's basically what she was.

• Like 1

I have to get guys like Dr. Midnite, Eclipso or Iron. I dont want them.

.... And that's why they do it. They want every single figure in the wave to be bought. They do not want some obscure character sitting on the pegs intil the end of time. Which is fan service, and I'm sure there's many a fan boy out there who are delighted.

Having said that. My favorite BAF of all time is the Marvel Legends Sentinels. It was a great way to get out a very large figure.

Love your signature man, hehehe, where did u get all those wonderful guitars and monitors???

@Rash You´re totally right, it´s good marketing. And it´s not Mattel who has the fault for character selection, but DC. Mattel´s just the plastic channel to produce DC´s characters. In this wave or in the next, let´s say,Doomsday is chosen for the baf, you still would have to get a,b and c characters. That easy.

That was my biggest issue with Marvel Legends. I wouldn't have bought half of those figures if I didn't want the BAF. I took what I wanted and sold the scraps on eBay.

That reminds me. I bought the entire ML Holocaust wave just for Holocaust. I had no interest in any of the figs. So that sucked.... Until I sold the unwanted figs on ebay and made back what I spent on it so in the end my Holocaust was free.

Love your signature man, hehehe, where did u get all those wonderful guitars and monitors???

Thanks Man! The guitars and drums are from the Metallica figures McFarlane did years ago, the Marshall half stack is from a Slash figure also from McFarlane.

I've been planning on changing it once I get my Sideshow G.I. Joe Duke.... It will involve crotch kicking......

I've accepted the C&C ploy as a necessary evil in order to get certain over-sized and elaborate characters that might otherwise not be made. Were it not for the C&C, we might be looking at a Kilowog and an Atom Smasher on the same scale as that puny DCSH Doomsday. Having said this, it's still going to be a giant horse pill to swallow to have to buy that stupid Kamandi figure in order to complete that cool Ultra-Humanite or that gaudy, ridiculous looking Superboy in order to get my Trigon.

As for the eBay option, from what I've seen, for what some arts go for including shipping, you're better off just buying the whole figure MOC. There's usually about two or three figures per wave that I don't want so the way I look at it when I buy a whole wave is that I'm buying the figures I want plus shelling out about thirty bucks for the C&C.