WHY HASBRO WHY (Zarana)?

Dake

So according to some folks at the con, Hasbro showed a canceled 25th Zarana proto during their "no-pics-allowed" segment. Their usual comment of course was she didn't make it b/c she's a girl.

For the sweet love of all that's good and holy Hasbro - GET OVER YOUR GURL ISSUES! There has not been a Q/A session go by where at least one site didn't ask about Zarana. Zarana is arguably the second most important female on the Cobra side. What's so hard to understand about this?

Zarana is not Star Wars' Yarna, she will not peg-warm. And if you're that worried about it, produce her in slightly lower numbers. Just MAKE HER.

[/rant]

• Like 1

So according to some folks at the con, Hasbro showed a canceled 25th Zarana proto during their "no-pics-allowed" segment. Their usual comment of course was she didn't make it b/c she's a girl.

There were 20 different groups that went through the Hasbro tour. My group didn't get a reason why, but they did say a lot of the protos we were shown never evolved past the design/concept phase.

My favorites were the new, Armored HISS Driver, which looked so damn cool. Lots of armor panels on his red bodysuit, and he was still recognizable as a HISS Driver.

The new diver was amazing, too. Apparently there was a concentrated effort to make a real-world modern diver... the kind of true-to-life details that we haven't seen since the Classic Collection.

Iron Klaw was another doozey. All the new bits for this guy have been tooled, there were a number of prototypes around the Modeling studio. I'm betting he'll be a Collector's Club figure if nothing else.

The DTC Hard Master was very cool, but ultimately a non-essential, just like the 25th version. He had a much better head sculpt tho.

Anyone else that went on the tour remember any other characters? It went so damn quick!

Sounds like that tour was some nice stuff! I'm sure it would have been much better than spending the weekend with the in-laws :)

I think part of Hasbro's problem is their own performance on female figs. THey haven't gotten many right and it causes the sales numbers to be off as opposed to a good one. Look at the ugly baroness head sculpts, or covergirls cave girl jaw (not to mention she was overproduced as was all wave 1), or the upcoming resolute baroness color change and way to big hair. Females figs alreayd have something going against them but Hasbro often makes it worse by making big flubs that wouldn't pass on a male figure.

Zarana isn't at the top of my list for figures I'd like to see redone, but I wouldn't mind getting her either. There's other characters I'd like to see from the '86 lineup more than her like Dial-Tone, Sci-Fi, Lifeline, and Leatherneck in his correct colors.

Cave girl jaw...hahahahahahahaha...so true! I think there is no reason not to do it. Plus, it is not like she runs around half clothed. Besides, how am I supposed to get that 3 way with Baroness, Zarana and Destro going? A great character deserves better respect.

Zarana isn't at the top of my list for figures I'd like to see redone, but I wouldn't mind getting her either. There's other characters I'd like to see from the '86 lineup more than her like Dial-Tone, Sci-Fi, Lifeline, and Leatherneck in his correct colors.

agreed. I don't care about her, but I would definitely buy her. And that is better than all of the ROC figures that I didn't touch.

Also agree that they really need to freakin get working on those unfinished RAH guys. At least 1-2 per wave!

my top wants:

Airtight, Dialtone, Sci-Fi, Leatherneck, Lifeline, Footloose, Crazylegs, FastDraw, TechnoViper, Muskrat, Repeater, Spearhead, Annihilator, Fragviper, Heatviper, Nightviper, RocknRoll 2, Target, Ambush, Bullhorn, Pathfinder, Freefall, RockViper, Salvo, Bigben, 91 General Hawk,

agreed. I don't care about her, but I would definitely buy her. And that is better than all of the ROC figures that I didn't touch.

Also agree that they really need to freakin get working on those unfinished RAH guys. At least 1-2 per wave!

my top wants:

Airtight, Dialtone, Sci-Fi, Leatherneck, Lifeline, Footloose, Crazylegs, FastDraw, TechnoViper, Muskrat, Repeater, Spearhead, Annihilator, Fragviper, Heatviper, Nightviper, RocknRoll 2, Target, Ambush, Bullhorn, Pathfinder, Freefall, RockViper, Salvo, Bigben, 91 General Hawk,

Great list. I thought I was one of the only people who liked Fast Draw. @lol@

I'd also add Jinx, Law & Order, Blizzard, Road Pig, Gnawgahyde, Downtown, Captain Grid-Iron, and Undertow to that list.

Yeah on the Hasbro tour they showed a lot of protos of stuff not being released like the Howler Transport jet from the ROC movie some Sigma 6 figures done with 25th Anniversary sculpts and some Resolute figures.

For the sweet love of all that's good and holy Hasbro - GET OVER YOUR GURL ISSUES! There has not been a Q/A session go by where at least one site didn't ask about Zarana. Zarana is arguably the second most important female on the Cobra side. What's so hard to understand about this?

Zarana is not Star Wars' Yarna, she will not peg-warm. And if you're that worried about it, produce her in slightly lower numbers. Just MAKE HER.

[/rant]

That is not what Hasbro said, I was on the tour. This question did come up in my group. They said that she wasnt made because the line changed directions while she was in development, just like all of the other characters and vehicles that were not made. Now I cant say what other groups were told (there were 20 groups in total), but I really dont think they would stick their necks out with a comment like "she wasnt made because shes a girl". Those guys had their answers rehersed, they really had down what was told to us.

There is a Walmart here that has, I'd guess upwards of 40 to 50 pegwarmers. ALL of them are Cover Girl, Baroness and Scarlett.

I LOVE Fastdraw!

I have like 5 of him.. at least 2 are mint/complete

I like him too. The only thing I didn't like...not enough missiles lol. I actually have a few that I was going to see if I can alter the backpack to add some missiles.

[/rant]

That is not what Hasbro said, I was on the tour. This question did come up in my group. They said that she wasnt made because the line changed directions while she was in development, just like all of the other characters and vehicles that were not made. Now I cant say what other groups were told (there were 20 groups in total), but I really dont think they would stick their necks out with a comment like "she wasnt made because shes a girl". Those guys had their answers rehersed, they really had down what was told to us.

Well, that's a bit of good news I suppose. But Hasbro has made no secret of saying that girl action figures don't do as well in testing and what not and so they are leery of making them.

There is a Walmart here that has, I'd guess upwards of 40 to 50 pegwarmers. ALL of them are Cover Girl, Baroness and Scarlett.

This is where slightly different numbers would come in to play (and of course, less dull/ugly figures).

• Like 1

eww!

fastdraw1.jpg

yeeeeah, can't say I'm a fan of this eBay lot mainstay (the only reason I have more than one).

I like the Green parts on him though. ^_^

• Like 4

Fastdraw was one of the few figs as a kid pre 88 i did not like! guitar.gif

Draven

Yes, me too. Him and Sneak Peak.

On topic, hearing about a canceled Zarana is like a dagger in the heart.

Well Sneak Peak was in a cat all by himeself! I loathed that figure as a kid! Thought he was fat and stupid looking.... still do! @loll@

Draven

Fastdraw was one of the few figs as a kid pre 88 i did not like! guitar.gif

Draven

Yes, me too. Him and Sneak Peak.

On topic, hearing about a canceled Zarana is like a dagger in the heart.

Well Sneak Peak was in a cat all by himeself! I loathed that figure as a kid! Thought he was fat and stupid looking.... still do! @loll@

Draven

The Night Force version was better.