DCUC Questions??

Lady Jaye

Well didn't know where to post this, but didn't want this thread to just be about one question, so ask your conundrums here as well!!!

My question is does anyone know why Darkseid's boots, specifically the bottoms look like they have mechanical properties?? They look like robot feet, if u fey my gist! Just the bottom though, anyone know why??

Its a way to get some "Kirby-tech" into the design without having it encroach elsewhere on the figure, and thus trigger the complainers. It probably really just some small "signature" work by the sculptors to put their own stamp on the figure, and make it a bit more cool in a different way.

Well didn't know where to post this, but didn't want this thread to just be about one question, so ask your conundrums here as well!!!

My question is does anyone know why Darkseid's boots, specifically the bottoms look like they have mechanical properties?? They look like robot feet, if u fey my gist! Just the bottom though, anyone know why??

I believe it represents the Kirby style that he had with hi- tech futuristic elements. You can identify a piece of tech drawn be Kirby because of his particular style element. So it is in my opinion that it is a nod to Kirby's style, just like how you see other artist now draw "Kirby dots" used to show a crackling energy source, this might have been how he would have designed the soles of shoes for the new gods if he had not already done so. I don't know if their is an existing image that shows the soles of Darksied or any other Kirby characters shoe's. That's the best that I can come up with so if anyone else has an answer or another possible answer please post it.

I think arrow's answer is a good one. I just wish I typed faster so that he had not posted before me. lol. But excellent answer non the less.

Edited by macgyver

Ohhh I see, they do look like something Kirby would draw!! Thanks for the reply gents!! I was just curious b/c my old Super Powers Darkseid had no such features!! Nice nod!!