Sentry

NewGuy

Don't know if this has been posted already, my apologies if it was. But at the end of the last Siege - what the hell is the Sentry?! When he was getting stabbed by Ares blob things were coming out of him I was thinking the Void but after his fight with Thor he didn't look like the Void, he looks like a CRAB!! hahaha Am I missing something?

Yeah I'm hoping we get some sort of explanation for it in siege #4 or some one shot or something shortly after that :D @loll@ Best guess like WRX says is that it is indeed some form or another of the void ... No one really knows right now what they are doing with sentry right now :S Personally I can't wait to see Phobos kick his ass in siege #4 though ... I hope lol!

a douchebag?

@loll@ Someone had to say it! Honestly I like Paul Jenkins sentry, but this sentry is indeed just a douche! Plus the guy killed

ares who has become like... one o my fave characters of late ... Though we all know he will be back but still... mega douche points for that alone IMO!

Yeah I'm hoping we get some sort of explanation for it in siege #4 or some one shot or something shortly after that :D @loll@ Best guess like WRX says is that it is indeed some form or another of the void ... No one really knows right now what they are doing with sentry right now :S Personally I can't wait to see Phobos kick his ass in siege #4 though ... I hope lol!

See, I want Thor to beat his "douche" @$ for destroying Asgard! (Thank you to kiba! haha) I mean he's beaten a powered up Thanos and Mangog at the same time. (Hell, even Dan Jurgens said Thor should have wiped the floor with Superman in the Marvel/DC crossover! hahaha) He should easily take care of a space-insect Supes clone but yeah, I agree, Phobos taking him out makes more sense. :)

Both the sentry & void & bob & whatever all the different personality's are full of fear :) So I think phobos getting some payback if just so he opens the doors so thor can smack him down would be too awesome :) Specially since fury told phobos to stay at the base @loll@ Would be even more cool to see him make his way there!

Both the sentry & void & bob & whatever all the different personality's are full of fear :) So I think phobos getting some payback if just so he opens the doors so thor can smack him down would be too awesome :) Specially since fury told phobos to stay at the base @loll@ Would be even more cool to see him make his way there!

Bendis probably had him sneak aboard Fury's jet. ;)

I thought I recalled seeing him still in the base ... I could be wrong though I don't even remember them taking off in the jet ... They have that telaporter guy now why need jet ? @loll@

I thought I recalled seeing him still in the base ... I could be wrong though I don't even remember them taking off in the jet ... They have that telaporter guy now why need jet ? @loll@

It's the BENDIS JET!!! hahahaha

I guess anyone here reading secret warriors will already pick up secret warriors siege #1 ... It deals with phob dealing with it lol ... Got to say I hope he is not done yet cause if he is that will surely be disappointing!

Ares was a sacrificial lamb from the very beginning. Remember this is an event "seven years in the making" which means Bendis knew the endgame for having Sentry join the Avengers way back in New Avengers #1 (remember when everyone was all who the heck is the Sentry?! when Bendis added him to the team?) So anyway, Bendis has his good buddy Mike Oeming write a little read five issue mini series starring Ares, and then POW! He's a member of the new Mighty Avengers team, (and again, everyone was all who the hell is Ares and why is HE on the team?!) Flash forward to now after Ares has a few years to become a fanfave (and why is he a fan fave? Because he gets all the cool dialogue. I wonder who his scriptwriter is...oh yeah, Bendis...) everyone is SHOCKED to discover he's the big name death in the big event crossover dujour. But it's not like any of Marvel's sacred cows got ripped in half. God forbid Sentry rip Spider-Man or Wolverine in half during an "event".

Oh yeah, and nobody stays dead in comics. Not even Bucky. (Uncle Ben is the exception.)

God forbid Sentry rip Spider-Man or Wolverine in half during an "event".

I wish they would've killed Wolverine! hahaha But then Marvel wouldn't know what to do with about 15 of their published books... @hmmm@

God forbid Sentry rip Spider-Man or Wolverine in half during an "event".

I wish they would've killed Wolverine! hahaha But then Marvel wouldn't know what to do with about 15 of their published books... @hmmm@

As far as "Hype"able events go, Marvel would have a field day with a "Death of Wolverine" mega crossover. And it's really two events in one, because first they could kill him off, and then they could bring him back in a couple of years with just as much fanfare and hooplah as they did killing him off. I mean, look at Superman, Batman, Captain America, etc etc...

Ares was a sacrificial lamb from the very beginning. Remember this is an event "seven years in the making" which means Bendis knew the endgame for having Sentry join the Avengers way back in New Avengers #1 (remember when everyone was all who the heck is the Sentry?! when Bendis added him to the team?) So anyway, Bendis has his good buddy Mike Oeming write a little read five issue mini series starring Ares, and then POW! He's a member of the new Mighty Avengers team, (and again, everyone was all who the hell is Ares and why is HE on the team?!) Flash forward to now after Ares has a few years to become a fanfave (and why is he a fan fave? Because he gets all the cool dialogue. I wonder who his scriptwriter is...oh yeah, Bendis...) everyone is SHOCKED to discover he's the big name death in the big event crossover dujour. But it's not like any of Marvel's sacred cows got ripped in half. God forbid Sentry rip Spider-Man or Wolverine in half during an "event".

Oh yeah, and nobody stays dead in comics. Not even Bucky. (Uncle Ben is the exception.)

Interesting, I only read the Hulks and Punisher books right now. so Bendis makes a character gives him all the cool stuff, then makes another character powerful as hell then has second fav kill his first fav. I like the Sentry but I only read about him until the planet Hulk series, mmm makes sense now that Bendis's Sentry was the only one powerful enough to power down the made as hell Hulk.

Interesting, I only read the Hulks and Punisher books right now. so Bendis makes a character gives him all the cool stuff, then makes another character powerful as hell then has second fav kill his first fav. I like the Sentry but I only read about him until the planet Hulk series, mmm makes sense now that Bendis's Sentry was the only one powerful enough to power down the made as hell Hulk.

Um, Odin Force Thor could've taken out Mad As Hell Hulk! ;) (Regular Thor would just warp him into outer space to suffocate to death if he had to kill him. Just sayin'... smile2.gif hahaha)

No reason the sentry could not have done that either just like he did with carnage ... I think at the time though he(hulk) had hostages so he couldn't ... Also I think thor was still dead at that point in time ... Oh yeah, also shooting the hulk into space simply does not work as seen in planet hulk... the hulks body can adapt to any situation so he can breath in space

No reason the sentry could not have done that either just like he did with carnage ... I think at the time though he(hulk) had hostages so he couldn't ... Also I think thor was still dead at that point in time ... Oh yeah, also shooting the hulk into space simply does not work as seen in planet hulk... the hulks body can adapt to any situation so he can breath in space

Yeah, I know Thor broke the Ragnarok Cycle at that time and wasn't "alive." But I hate to get all persnickety (I've never used that word! haha) and I don't want to start a Thor vs Hulk fight but Marvel.com says:

Enhanced Lung Capacity: The size and strength of Banner's lungs, like the rest of his body, are increased when he transforms into the Hulk. On a single good inhalation of air, Hulk can last hours--perhaps even days--without needing to take another one. This makes it possible for him to spend an extended period of time in outer space, or under the ocean. The Hulk has also used his lung capacity as an offensive weapon in several instances by inhaling, and then blowing the air back out at high speeds.

So he'd last for a long time but eventually give out (and his anger can't last forever). But Thor could just teleport him into a blackhole if he wanted to...

But if Thor didn't want to to teleport Hulk and he HAD to take him down not worrying about casualties it would cause he could just channel "God Energies" into a single blast and take care of him! ;) Again according to Marvel.com:

God Blast: Thor is capable of channeling different amounts of his Godly energies through Mjolnir for a single massive blast known as the God Blast. His Godly energy is so vast and powerful, that even when reinforced with the Belt of Strength, which should double Mjolnir's fortification and durability, when Thor channeled his Godly energies into Mjolnir to destroy the Brain Dome of the mighty Celestial Exitar, the hammer shattered from the amount of power Thor channeled[51] The God Blast is so immensely powerful and destructive that it has proven capable of destroying beings as large and as powerful as the Midgard Serpent and even causing such a great degree of damage to a being such as Galactus that he was forced to flee for his life. Thor has used this ability only a few times.

I mean if Thor can do that to Galactus and he HAD to take Hulk down for the count, collateral damage be damned, he could take care of him. Anyway, Stan Lee himself said in "Excelsior!" he created Thor to be the one guy to take out the Hulk and Stan Lee is the authority of Marvel! :)

Oh I never said thor couldn't take out the hulk I simply said just throwing him up into space wouldn't work... @loll@

Oh I never said thor couldn't take out the hulk I simply said just throwing him up into space wouldn't work... @loll@

Hey, hey! Easy! ;) Just sayin' is all! hahaha (I didn't read it but I understand what you are saying about Planet Hulk but the thing is I read at Marvel.com that Hulk would eventually stop being angry, no longer adapt and run out of air in a vacuum. Take a while like a week or month or so but it did say he would finally suffocate. Not like the way he is able to breathe underwater. Need some continuity control over there at Marvel! :P hahaha)

• 2 weeks later...

yeah what ever that is ...

#4 was not worth the hype of the rest of the series or the longer wait ... 1 ,2, &3 were great but 4 was just ... "meh"

yeah what ever that is ...

#4 was not worth the hype of the rest of the series or the longer wait ... 1 ,2, &3 were great but 4 was just ... "meh"

Wasn't just Siege 4.

Siege Embedded 4

New Avengers Finale

Sentry: Fallen Sun Epilogue

Dark Avengers 16

Avengers Initiative 35

all came out this week and wrapped up what is essentially seven years worth of 'Avengers' stories post-Disassembled.

Yeah ... still reading the other stuff... Doubt any of it will make a difference on my view of #4 though... fallen sun = complete crap imo