Batman vs Snake Eyes

Wheeljack35

No, it's simply absurd and destroys all suspension of disbelief that Batman could master an art such as ninjutsu, where it takes 30 years or more to become as proficient as they portray him (the current Grandmaster of Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu has been studying for more than half a century) all the while also obtaining PhD-level degrees in criminology, physics, mechanics, chemistry, computers, private investigations, etc. They're trying to make him into everything all at once, which is absurd. Not enough hours in the day for any one man, regardless of any genius level intellect, to achieve that much in a mere 25-35 year.

SEs was a ninja at a young age too. He was a ninja when he was in viet nam (originally).

anyway, it's a friggin comic book.

fact is, in the comics, batman is a ninja and then some. SEs is just a ninja. anyone who says SEs could beat batman is just trolling.

and i love SEs way more than Batman.

No, it's simply absurd and destroys all suspension of disbelief that Batman could master an art such as ninjutsu, where it takes 30 years or more to become as proficient as they portray him (the current Grandmaster of Togakure Ryu Ninjutsu has been studying for more than half a century) all the while also obtaining PhD-level degrees in criminology, physics, mechanics, chemistry, computers, private investigations, etc. They're trying to make him into everything all at once, which is absurd. Not enough hours in the day for any one man, regardless of any genius level intellect, to achieve that much in a mere 25-35 year.

Man you have to relax. This entire forum is built on ideas and stories that do not fit into a probable situation in the real world.

If you get hit with enough gamma rays like Banner did, you die!

No mutantation will ever give someone the ability to control the weather or magnetism

No rich boy will ever be a superhero

You get bit by a radioactive Spider and you won't be crawling walls

No man is going to raise his sword, call a few words and become the most powerful man in the universe

Any astronauts caught in cosmic rays will die, they won't become anything fantastic

Nothing is rational or probable here.......relax dude....chill out

Take one of these

chill_pill.jpg

• Like 3

Batman would easily win unless Snakes grabs Batman and suicides both of them with a hand grenade! haha

I'd like to see Batman take on both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow at the same time! :D

Rash wrote:

Considering the fact that BATMAN is also a highly trained Ninja

LMAO!! Oh lord, DC gets more incredibly unbelievable by the day! :rolleyes:

Snake Eyes blows Batman away in round one.

well said mate

Superpowers1980 wrote:

Man you have to relax. (snip) relax dude....chill out

What gave you the impression I wasn't relaxed or chilled out? Just because I disagree doesn't mean I'm popping an aneurysm!

I simply find it absurd how they always tack on more and more unbelievable crap to Batman's origin. Now, in addition to his unbelievable accomplishments of being a master detective, having a PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Mechanics, Psychology, and Biology, being an Olympic athlete, a world-class expert at boxing, karate and judo, and a Houdini-level escape artist, he's also become a high-level ninja warrior! Please. :rolleyes: The man would have to be 150 years old to accomplish all that. At least!

See, that's always been my gripe with DC. They over-protect their main stars and over-use them. It's not enough that Batman is DC Comics' greatest detective. He also has to be as good an escape artist as Mr. Miracle. He also has to be as good a martial artist as Sensei or Richard Dragon or the Bronze Tiger or Karate Kid. He also probably turned down a job at NASA, STAR Labs, and maybe even taught Brainiac a thing or two! Superman has to be stronger than everyone, faster than everyone, more intelligent than anyone, etc. They should just cancel all their titles except Batman and Superman and call themselves Batman/Superman Comics.

It's just poor writing. Poor writing has always been a DC phenomenon. They've rarely overcome it.

See, that's always been my gripe with DC. They over-protect their main stars and over-use them. It's not enough that Batman is DC Comics' greatest detective. He also has to be as good an escape artist as Mr. Miracle. He also has to be as good a martial artist as Sensei or Richard Dragon or the Bronze Tiger or Karate Kid. He also probably turned down a job at NASA, STAR Labs, and maybe even taught Brainiac a thing or two! Superman has to be stronger than everyone, faster than everyone, more intelligent than anyone, etc. They should just cancel all their titles except Batman and Superman and call themselves Batman/Superman Comics.

It's just poor writing. Poor writing has always been a DC phenomenon. They've rarely overcome it.

Marvel's kinda' been doing that lately with Wolverine and Hulk though. hahahaha ;) But at least they've made the Avengers and FF the predominate teams again instead of the stupid X-Men... Wait, they put Wolverine on the Avengers though... @loll@ hahaha (And no offense to all the Wolverine and X-Men fans out there. <sigh> haha)

Rash wrote:

I guess you don't know much about Batman, do you..?

...shocking...

Superpowers1980 wrote:

Man you have to relax. (snip) relax dude....chill out

What gave you the impression I wasn't relaxed or chilled out? Just because I disagree doesn't mean I'm popping an aneurysm!

I simply find it absurd how they always tack on more and more unbelievable crap to Batman's origin. Now, in addition to his unbelievable accomplishments of being a master detective, having a PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Mechanics, Psychology, and Biology, being an Olympic athlete, a world-class expert at boxing, karate and judo, and a Houdini-level escape artist, he's also become a high-level ninja warrior! Please. rolleyes.gif The man would have to be 150 years old to accomplish all that. At least!

Dude, Marvel is ten times worse with that. Have you read Marvel comics in the past 20 years, in efforts to match DC on strength all of their characters now have advanced the powers and abilities....

Hulk now exceeds his previous capabilites

Wolverine....well its Wolverine

Thanos...here was a simple character that now is the biggest threat in the universe

Mr Fantastic....Mr I can do it all....whatever!!

Professor X, this bald headed whimp became so much more powerful from his original incarnation

Juggernaut, he could be stopped by cement, try that now and see what happens

All comic characters have developed into something.....Wolverine is now a ninja, soldier.......whatever!!!

• Like 1

Rash wrote:

I guess you don't know much about Batman, do you..?

...shocking...

For Xorr nothing written in the Modern Age counts, in case you didn't know...

With regards to Xorr's complaint about Batman being a master of so many disciplines in such a short amount of time, remember that Batman got blasted by Darkseid's omega beam ("the life that is worse than death!") in Final Crisis. That means Batman has been forced to live through consecutive progressively suckier lives until he eventually comes back in a few months (Return of Bruce Wayne miniseries). Therefore, Batman has had several lives to learn all those things! @smilepunch@

That said, I do concede Batman is indeed a bit overpowered. Batman definitely would defeat Snake Eyes. It would be brutal like the Batman vs. DD fight, but Batman has far more experience fighting top-class opponents.

By the way, did Snake Eyes finish his ninja training? I thought he only trained for a few years and his clan disbanded after the assassination of his master. I was always under the impression that Snake Eyes was more commando than ninja.

PharmV

EldestSon wrote:

anyone who says SEs could beat batman is just trolling.

What I keep hearing from you (on several threads) is that anyone who disagrees with you is "trolling". How unbelievably arrogant.

Wolverine2281 wrote:

For Xorr nothing written in the Modern Age counts, in case you didn't know...

Bingo! Someone is paying attention! ;)

Superpowers1980 wrote:

Dude, Marvel is ten times worse with that. Have you read Marvel comics in the past 20 years, in efforts to match DC on strength all of their characters now have advanced the powers and abilities....

At the risk of making the planet fly off its axis, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one, Superpowers1980! :o;)

Marvel has gotten into the same stupid pattern that has always plagued DC - hyper-inflated superpowers, lack of logic and common sense, unfaithfulness to the characters, etc. There was a time when the writers and editors at Marvel were sane, talented, and understood the conventions of fictional writing (internal logic, internal consistency, etc). And in that short period of time, Marvel eclipsed DC (despite DC having an almost 30 year advantage) and its characters became as much cultural icons as DC's.

In that time period, things were sane and consistent. Thor was the heavy hitter, the "Superman" of Marvel without the ridiculousness of Superman. Galactus and Eternity were cosmic threats far beyond the ability of the other characters to defeat or significantly interfere with. And while no comic book company can be 100% consistent in its portrayals of character power levels, Marvel did an outstanding job of it, managing not to screw up the characters and make them overpowered. Then came the idiocy of Secret Wars, and that was pretty much the death-knell of Marvel. That's where it all started. Starting there, Galactus and Eternity were being used as mere punching bags for whichever "Cosmic Uber Threat" of the Month came along. It got to the point of such utter absurdity and stupidity as seeing Eternity whining like a child having a hissy fit and getting a bloody lip from being punched. Garbage. Just DC style garbage.

And it's only gotten worse in more modern comics, which is why I don't buy them. They're good only for toilet paper, but far too expensive for that use.

EldestSon wrote:

anyone who says SEs could beat batman is just trolling.

What I keep hearing from you (on several threads) is that anyone who disagrees with you is "trolling". How unbelievably arrogant.

I've used that line twice. Both times directed towards you. And in both threads, it's pretty much you throwing out logic and ignoring other's arguments (like you ignored mine) in order to make your own. Not that you've made any reasonable argument that SE would beat Batman other than "SE would beat Batman".

So, perhaps it's not that I think anyone who disagrees with me is a troll, but more that you just like to troll.

EldestSon wrote:

I've used that line twice. Both times directed towards you. And in both threads, it's pretty much you throwing out logic and ignoring other's arguments (like you ignored mine) in order to make your own

I never ignored your argument. I clearly pointed out how you were arguing something different than what the rest of us were arguing. You basically changed the argument terms so that you could claim you were right. We were saying that people who wanted to buy the individual BAF's were actually forced to purchase other figures because they do not sell BAF characters individually, which is an undeniable statement of fact and beyond dispute. You changed that into "nobody is forcing you to buy toys", which is a totally different argument. It's not my fault you can't follow the discussion.

So, perhaps it's not that I think anyone who disagrees with me is a troll, but more that you just like to troll.

Then you have a very strange definition of "troll", because the standard definition does not apply to me. I'm arguing and debating, not trolling. You simply can't see that, or choose not to believe it because your "debating" tactics did not work with me and you didn't like that.

Not that you've made any reasonable argument that SE would beat Batman other than "SE would beat Batman".

Why must I? I say he can beat Batman. End of story. I don't have to justify my choices, although if I feel like it I certainly can and do. This is just one I called without bothering to have to debate with you.

EldestSon wrote:

I've used that line twice. Both times directed towards you. And in both threads, it's pretty much you throwing out logic and ignoring other's arguments (like you ignored mine) in order to make your own

I never ignored your argument. I clearly pointed out how you were arguing something different than what the rest of us were arguing. You basically changed the argument terms so that you could claim you were right. We were saying that people who wanted to buy the individual BAF's were actually forced to purchase other figures because they do not sell BAF characters individually, which is an undeniable statement of fact and beyond dispute. You changed that into "nobody is forcing you to buy toys", which is a totally different argument. It's not my fault you can't follow the discussion.

Then you have a very strange definition of "troll", because the standard definition does not apply to me. I'm arguing and debating, not trolling. You simply can't see that, or choose not to believe it because your "debating" tactics did not work with me and you didn't like that.

Not that you've made any reasonable argument that SE would beat Batman other than "SE would beat Batman".

Why must I? I say he can beat Batman. End of story. I don't have to justify my choices, although if I feel like it I certainly can and do. This is just one I called without bothering to have to debate with you.

First, and again, you don't have to buy the figs to get the BAF pieces. You can get the pieces or the whole BAF elsewhere.

Second, your justification is that Batman shouldn't have all the skills that he does have. You basically are throwing out whatever you don't like about Batman until he's weaker than SEs.

But really, anyone who says SEs can beat Batman is either a SE fanboy or is trolling...that's my opinion.

Once again, EldestSon said:

First, and again, you don't have to buy the figs to get the BAF pieces. You can get the pieces or the whole BAF elsewhere.

We've been over this umpteen times. You cannot buy a BAF without paying out the nose. Show me a Giganta for sale for less than the price of the figures and I'll buy her. Otherwise, you're wrong. I detailed this in the other thread, even going so far as to do the math for you. Pay attention.

Second, your justification is that Batman shouldn't have all the skills that he does have. You basically are throwing out whatever you don't like about Batman until he's weaker than SEs.

Wrong again. One has nothing to do with the other. I find it ridiculous how DC coddles its characters. I don't need to "weaken" Batman to claim that Snake Eyes wins.

But really, anyone who says SEs can beat Batman is either a SE fanboy or is trolling...that's my opinion.

Nice of you to offer an option other than being a troll. :rolleyes: "Fanboy" indeed. I don't even like Snake Eyes or get into GI Joe.

I've used that line twice. Both times directed towards you. And in both threads, it's pretty much you throwing out logic and ignoring other's arguments (like you ignored mine) in order to make your own. Not that you've made any reasonable argument that SE would beat Batman other than "SE would beat Batman".

Speaking one's mind is trolling? Everyone here is a troll then. @loll@ The guy said he doesn't like anything in the Modern Age. While I disagree with him and that there has indeed been some good stuff to come out during it - he has the friggin' right to speak his mind. hahaha

We all take what we think is good and what we think is stupid and base our arguments on them! haha :rolleyes:

To all you name-callers out there, I have a question. Why does someone who disagrees with your point of view scare and anger you so much?! Holy $#!% they're just comic books and toys - every calm the hell down! hahaha