Are C&C figures getting re-releases

rodimusconvoy21

I would like to know if these figures like Darkseid or Grundy are going to be released down the road because, on most of the time I feel kind of forced to buy some characters I dont even know, just to get the C&C piece. I know this is a marketing tactic to get lesser known characters sold, but anyways.

I would like to know if these figures like Darkseid or Grundy are going to be released down the road because, on most of the time I feel kind of forced to buy some characters I dont even know, just to get the C&C piece. I know this is a marketing tactic to get lesser known characters sold, but anyways.

While I can't say for absolute certain, I'd go with: after 2 years and 15 waves of this not happening - it would be doubtful at best. I assume you mean in the aspect of re releasing a C n C character in a wave of new figures? This wouldn't work for collectors that are completionists because they would end up with the same C n C character twice.

Your best bet is using all the online aspects at your disposable. Trading with others or checking on e-bay for the piece only.

Well I would hope they would do the more popular waves first like say wave 8

Both the Grodd and Grundy series are popular. However, wave 2(Grodd) was a popular but they reissued that wave

The Grundy series is also popular to the point where everyone cept for Green Lantern was hard to find. They should redo that series before wave 8 :P

Well they put wave 5 out again Didn't they ?! Didn't it include the baf parts too ?...

Mattel also reissue MOTUC products so I wouldn't be shocked if they release waves 1-3 as complete sets at Mattycollector

The problem with wave 2-3(especially 3) is Nightwing, GL and Robin have been reissued, wave 2 Aquaman is also being reissued(in a metallic shirt) and we will probably get a Sinestro in an all star villian wave. With half of wave 3 reissued already I dont see them reissuing them on Matty. Wave 5 was a special case with intentional low production to appease Walmart, wave 2 & 3 was available everywhere(etailer, KB, Target, etc) AND I still find wave 2 sometimes.

Well they put wave 5 out again Didn't they ?! Didn't it include the baf parts too ?...

Mattel also reissue MOTUC products so I wouldn't be shocked if they release waves 1-3 as complete sets at Mattycollector

The problem with wave 2-3(especially 3) is Nightwing, GL and Robin have been reissued, wave 2 Aquaman is also being reissued(in a metallic shirt) and we will probably get a Sinestro in an all star villian wave. With half of wave 3 reissued already I dont see them reissuing them on Matty. Wave 5 was a special case with intentional low production to appease Walmart, wave 2 & 3 was available everywhere(etailer, KB, Target, etc) AND I still find wave 2 sometimes.

Wave 2 was originally hard to find until Mattel reissued the line at retail chains-it was around when wave 4-6 was being released. I remember how Aquaman and Harley Quinn were a lot on ebay.

As for wave 3, that was never reissued at retail even though it was a popular wave. True, Robin, Nightwing, and Green Lantern were reissued before, both two out of three were reissued more than once, if you also count the repaints;there are two All-star heroes Hal reissues, a two pack Hal, and an upcomming 5 pack lantern pack.

Looking at their Heman and Justice League line, Mattel loves to do reissues regardless of a few collectors hatred of reissues. Even if Mattel doesn't re-release complete sets, they might reissue exact or minor repaints of the popular or rare BAF figures. They are beginning to release large scale chars in the Masters of the Universe classic line, so it is possible; if they actually do this, l wouldn't be suprised if they do a black Darkseid or a Super friends repaint of Grodd.

My guess is that if C&Cs are re-released in a complete form, is that it'll happen as part of a two-pack style set. Its probably the only sensible way of getting mileage out of the C&Cs without re-releasing the waves they came in.

They could also possible be an mail-away offering made on Mattycollector, sold in a baggy or something, at some future point.

I think if collectors want this sort of thing, they should start making noise in Mattel's direction.