Return of the Jedi.....Sequel???

Wheeljack35

http://www.moviehole.net/201024467-return-of-the-jedi

Finally, the more dimish inmates of the South Naboo Penitentiary can discover what lay ahead for Luke, Leia, Han and pudgy Wicket after the events of "Return of the Jedi". The rest of us, being able to read and all, have known for years what happened to the Skywalker siblings and the rascally smuggler - Han and Leia, of course, produced twins (later Jedi's themselves), the rebels faced a further battle with the Empire - trying to save the planet Coruscant (the character of 'Wedge' plays a big part in this arc of the story), and Grand Admiral Thrawn replaces the recently-departed Darth Vader as the galaxy's big bad.

Despite his determination to exploit the "Star Wars" in any other which way, writer/director/producer George Lucas has sworn black-and-blue that he'll never put Episodes 7, 8 and 9 to film - no way, no how. Frankly, I'd say it's got more to do with Lucas's fear of asking Harrison Ford to wear Han Solo's vest again, not to mention the nightmare of seeing Carrie Fisher in Slave-Leia bikini again, than the man wanting to maintain the purity and avoid blundering the the saga. Trust me, if it could be done (i.e if Ford would play Solo again), Lucas would likely do it - actually, he definitely would. Imagine how many 'Old Solo' action-figures would be sold!? And consider the greenbacks that would slide into the Lucasfilm cash-register after the 'twins' lunchboxes hit K-Mart!?

Whatever the case, it ain't happening.....

...... at least not in 'live-action' form.

Over the weekend, at Chicago's C2E2 Convention, Lucasfilm's Director of Fan Relations Steve Sanweet dropped a bit of a bombshell (according to BestOfLuckProductions.com) : The upcoming animated "Star Wars" series (assumingly the one that "Robot Chicken" creators Seth Green and Matthew Seinreich are working on) will be set after the events of 1983's "Return of the Jedi" - and yes, it'll feature all of the core characters. Sansweet even hinted at a few dead 'Sith's' returning from the grave!

Remains to be seen who, if any, from the original trilogy will have some kind of participation in the new animated series but if I was a betting man I'd say lay your chips down on Mark Hamill putting his hand up to voice Skywalker and Anthony Daniels needs to eat, so he'll be chomping at the bit to do 'C3P0' again.

A final nugget from Sansweet : The first six "Star Wars" films are headed for Blu-Ray in the near future and they'll encompass a Falcon's worth of extras and some other "treasures".

If its good & not a spoof & has original voice actors even just some of them ... well I'm all for it @loll@ If its a spoof then #$## them for not givings us what we want ! @smilepunch@ @loll@ @loll@

will it be after lucas has "passed on" from this galaxy that newer material make it to film? Not that i wish anything ill of him, but he could explore the old republic and start a new trilogy with brand new characters and actors?

will it be after lucas has "passed on" from this galaxy that newer material make it to film? Not that i wish anything ill of him, but he could explore the old republic and start a new trilogy with brand new characters and actors?

Thats the way I allways thought it would happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Thats the way I allways thought it would happen.

Me too! I figure that after Lucas passes away, his son Jet will do movies 7 - 9. I always assumed that Ford would not be back, but that Hammil would, playing Luke after he falls to the dark side.

And we KNOW he's gonna fall to the dark side, right? He wears all black in Jedi! Only a Sith wears all black, or someone who is about 2 seconds from turning Sith.

I always wondered why Ben never said to Anakin "What's with all the black clothes, Emoboy? You goin dark side on me? A real jedi wears TAN, beeotch!".

Seth Green is a voice actor in The Clone Wars. Just sayin'

He is?

I never knew that

is or was according to wiki

anyway, it's possible it won't be a spoof.

My understanding is that it's not exactly a spoof, but it is a comedy. That is, it takes place in the real Star Wars universe, not some Robot Chicken universe, but it's played for laughs. Maybe Lucas is tired of Family Guy doing this for him?