Young Justice

Wheeljack35

I don't ever like the race-swap. If they really want to diversify then they need to create new characters and work them. Leave Aqualad as is, if they wanted to add a black character they could of chosen between the girl Steel, Static Shock, and Black Ligtnings daughter.....also Norda could of been in it. There just needs to be overall development into bulding strong diverse characters, not the crappy, corny, pc move of the color change.

Also, it does the comic companies a disservice, this is why kids can't identify DC characters, look at all the variations of the characters.

Lastly, if Aqualad is black, then it really sucks that they gave him blond hair and blue eyes, they do that all the time as if traditonal black features aren't good enough, they did the same thing with Storm and gave John Stewart green eyes. Now my grandfather was a brown skinned man and was born with natural blue eyes........yes very few black people are born with blue/green/grey......without the aid of interracial relations.

(And sorry, but I'm calling you on the use of the word "canonical". You made that word up :) )

CANONICAL at m-w.com: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/canonical :P

I think the race-swapping thing is just stupid PC nonsense and offensive to everyone. I never support it. Leave the characters as who they are. If they want diversity, use diverse characters that already exist.

• Like 6

I think the race-swapping thing is just stupid PC nonsense and offensive to everyone. I never support it. Leave the characters as who they are. If they want diversity, use diverse characters that already exist.

OMG! I can't believe it. I just gave Xorr a positive Reputation point, but it only canceled out the one negative Reputation point he already received for his post.

Are they changing ethnicity just to to appeal to more diverse audiences. Or appear to, anyway? Being PC?

BING! Your answer is right there.

Kid's shows NEED to be PC or run the risk of some parent complaining. It's why John Stewart is GL in the JL cartoon.

The show can still be good.

(And sorry, but I'm calling you on the use of the word "canonical". You made that word up :) )

I am guessing its the same with turning Nick Fury black...

Speaking of diversity... Where is the Asian representative?... LOL... Just kidding... I dont really care... But its funny how some female comic characters get drawn with Asian features to "fool" people...

Some comic characters get changed to asian for other media

However, it only applies to female characters; for example, the ultimate Wasp was changed to asian. That is Hollywood for ya.

If you stop and think of it why would Aqualad be black or dark skinned anyways

He lives under water and hardly gets any sun.He should be very pale

I had a feeling with all the discussion about aqualad this got looked over

In theory it would be fine with him having dark skin. Some atlanteans are blue or green, if we can accept that then we can accept brown. It's just stupid that they changed his ethnicity........Now kids will foreve be confused about these characters.

Oh yeah, they also could of added the Herald or Bumblebee.......so many.......ok, only a few choices

I forget where I heard it, but there was some reasoning given for the tanned complexion of aquatic characters. It mainly has to do with surfer dude stereotypes and perhaps something to due with particular tropical island dwelling cultures.

In that way, it makes sense.

Not saying it justifies "lol RACE SWAP", but laid out like that; it makes sense.

Never mind whatever happened to fish people being blue-green/green with gills and or scales? :|

Why don't we love cool monsters anymore? :(

They could have also added Connor Hawk, who now has dark skin. Then again, some ppl might complain that he looks african american despite that he is part caucasian, african american, and asian and is sometimes mistakenly drawn as caucasian.

I AM SCI-FI wrote:

OMG! I can't believe it. I just gave Xorr a positive Reputation point, but it only canceled out the one negative Reputation point he already received for his post.

The whole "reputation points" system is such a childish function that I find it hard to believe that anyone over the age of 7 would bother to care about it. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I AM SCI-FI wrote:

The whole "reputation points" system is such a childish function that I find it hard to believe that anyone over the age of 7 would bother to care about it. :rolleyes:

If I had reputation points I wouldn't pay it any mind.People will not like what all of things other people say..Its a fact and you can't please everybody.

I AM SCI-FI wrote:

Someone gave me a +1 in the Joe forums and it gave me a little rush of satisfaction :)

• Like 2

I AM SCI-FI wrote:

Someone gave me a +1 in the Joe forums and it gave me a little rush of satisfaction :)

@hmmm@ @firedevil@

@loll@

Its become a trend to make people gay too in comics lately honestly I'm surprised they don't have spiderman & batman wanking the other side @loll@ we... there is ultimate spiderwoman but that is an entirely different subject lol

Actually the real question is where is the Captain Triumph character? The Captain gets no love....

Well they do have Captain Triumph Jr. in there, so you should be half happy.

I AM SCI-FI wrote:

You would be surprised at how many people have multiple accounts here to attack people with & get rid of there own - points @loll@

I didn't like it when they changed Killer Croc's skin color from gray to green in the middle of Batman: TAS. Actually, Poison Ivy's skin turned green too. Always bugged me.

Regarding this show, I hope it inspires Mattel to make Superboy in that outfit in DCUC.

I AM SCI-FI wrote:

I realize the rep system isn't childish and its function is similar to that of other sites; the more negative points you get, the less likely it will appear on teh forums. Let's say your profile has a point threadhold of 0, whereas aything below 0 will not be shown to ya. It is a good way to fliter out crap. However, considering how people are abusing the sytem by giving negatives to ppl they hate rather than the actual post, the point system would most likely edit out post that aren't spam nor negative in nature.

So if you posted something that was helpful, but another poster decided to downvote it since he finds your post about a new toy comming out, for example, 'offensive', it will not be read by most users since the negative threadhold is below zero.

I AM SCI-FI wrote:

The whole "reputation points" system is such a childish function that I find it hard to believe that anyone over the age of 7 would bother to care about it. rolleyes.gif

You would be surprised at how many people have multiple accounts here to attack people with & get rid of there own - points guitar.gif

Maybe I should of thought of that, my account STAYS in the negative. Some people here just hate me to hate me and give me negatives on almost anything I write. I wish they would do away with it altogether. It doesn't bother except for the fact that it may impede someone willing to trade or sell through the forums. This is why it's unfair, just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean they aren't an honest seller/trader.