MATTY doesn't see forest for trees

rash

In a recent Q&A, MATTYCOLLECTOR indicated that they're re-evaluating the availability of full waves of DCUC figures due to erratic ordering. I'm paraphrasing, but it had something to do with orders for WAVE 11 and WAVE 12 being lower than expected.

Personally, I think the orders would be MUCH higher if MATTY would make each new wave available for ordering at the same time they're available at retail.

I think that the delay in availability (after retail availability) is responsible for the low orders. By the time each Wave is available on MATTY, many collectors have already found therm at retail, so they don't need an online option.

Using MATTY is a good option for me because it prevents me from having to hunt all over town for my figs. I'm willing to wait a month or so for that convenience, but many others aren't.

It's quite possible that MATTY can't make these entire waves available sooner due to contracts between MATTEL and the various retail outlets like WALMART or TRU.

If that's NOT the case, then they should change their policies. I'd hate to see this option disappear.

• Like 1

I agree. With wave 11, I waited until it was available on Matty to buy, thinking I'd be doing my part to keep that option going. But I did run across the full set at Wally before it was available on Matty. Bearing that in mind, when I again found wave 12 before Matty even had a sell date, I said to myself, 'might as well save on shipping' and bought it.

If Matty had the waves up for sell at the same time as the retailers, I'd go with Matty 100%, if only to save on gas, and anxiety at getting the whole wave. Guess I'll wait and see how 13 plays out.

The problem is that you have to order the entire case.

For example, I might want the first three figs in a wave and someone else just wants the other figs in the wave. But you can't do that with matty at this time. you have to order the whole case or try to find them in the store.

IDK how long you guys have been messing with DCU, but i remember every complaint. around wave 2, EVERYONE was yelling about better distribution. now we have matty offering them on their site, and people still arent happy? i dont think that matty should offer single figs....EVER! i can hear it now..."ALL I WANTED WAS A MARTIAN MANHUNTER, AND THEYRE ALL SOLD OUT! MATTEL IS STUPID FOR NOT OVER PRODUCING HIM!....THEY MUST NOT LIKE MONEY!" if i were matty, i'd be like...f**K that! were making sure that we sell ALL of our figs!...not just the popular ones! we need ALL of the money! hahahahahaha!!!

Another thing is that I'm a poor college student and can't afford to buy a whole case at a time. None of the local stores in my college town or home town have the latest waves so I'm stuck using the secondary market (and paying out the ass).

So instead of setting aside money knowing you will eventually want all the figures, you buy them piecemeal on the scalper market and end up paying twice as much money in the long run? That's not Mattel's fault. That's yours for having poor money managing skills.

IDK how long you guys have been messing with DCU, but i remember every complaint. around wave 2, EVERYONE was yelling about better distribution. now we have matty offering them on their site, and people still arent happy? i dont think that matty should offer single figs....EVER! i can hear it now..."ALL I WANTED WAS A MARTIAN MANHUNTER, AND THEYRE ALL SOLD OUT! MATTEL IS STUPID FOR NOT OVER PRODUCING HIM!....THEY MUST NOT LIKE MONEY!" if i were matty, i'd be like...f**K that! were making sure that we sell ALL of our figs!...not just the popular ones! we need ALL of the money! hahahahahaha!!!

I read this post as more of Mattel complaining.

I read this post as more of Mattel complaining.

pretty much.

So instead of setting aside money knowing you will eventually want all the figures, you buy them piecemeal on the scalper market and end up paying twice as much money in the long run? That's not Mattel's fault. That's yours for having poor money managing skills.

It also really doesn't help that I haven't had a job in 3 years. The job market is very fickle where I'm from and I don't have enough time to get a part time job at school. I plan on getting the Metallo case though as I'd expect it to be cheaper than a regular case as there are about half as many figures.

Aye carumba!

This is just more frustrating IMO. Sounds like Mattel is setting us up for the conclusion of this series, no? They have the license for how many waves in the line 20 or 25?

I agree waiting a month or more for MattyCollector to offer complete boxes is a hassle and most likely the reason why online sales may not be so hot. Folks these days aren't patient, but given how hard some of the figures / waves have been to obtain can you honestly blame the fan base for being a little trigger happy? There's also a lot of frustration in waiting for MattyCollector to restock sold out current wave cases. These aren't precious metals or gemstones, what's the hold up?

I would cut Mattel some slack if the waves were more plentiful at retail, but in my experience this is certainly not the case.