dc wave 15 classics on amazon

yiotiswins

Suprised they lumped Manhunter with Raven and Batman SC version considering that those three are "heavy hitters"

EDIT again: To clarify, when DCUC was in it's infancy, Mattel said that they were saving Martin Manhunter for a later fig wave. Ppl assumed they were saving him for a wave that lacks heavy hitters. Just suprised that he was lumped with a fan poll figure.

Batman, although a variant, would sell well esp w/ the hype surroudnin' DC's Blackest Night

EDIT 2

If that Starman toy is Jack Knight, that would mean another heavy hitter.

• Like 1

Yes, indeed it does appear that wave 15 has been revealed. Looks like Starman gets the 50/50 (mod vs classic), Martian Manhunter is the chase figure (variant alien head) and naturally Golden Pharoah gets the stand.

Interestingly, no CnC figure has been revealed yet. Honestly I hope it's someone I don't care about because this wave seems a little weak. Glad we finally get MM though...

Yes, indeed it does appear that wave 15 has been revealed. Looks like Starman gets the 50/50 (mod vs classic), Martian Manhunter is the chase figure (variant alien head) and naturally Golden Pharoah gets the stand.

Interestingly, no CnC figure has been revealed yet. Honestly I hope it's someone I don't care about because this wave seems a little weak. Glad we finally get MM though...

Seeing as how the popular characters would get the stand, I would think it might be Martin Manhunter.

I can also see them givin' it to SC Batman despite being a character in a non iconic outfit

• Like 1

The following figures were posted on amazon.com as part of wave 15- martian manhunter, raven, batman sinestro corps, starman, jemm, omac, and golden pharaoh...looks like a good wave!

I am excited to see everyone of these characters in plastic, more so Golden Pharaoh than Martian Manhunter. The weakest link is the Omac IMO. Also the only loser thing about this wave is there is villians except the Omac, maybe the CNC will be a heavy hitter bad dude.

Martian Manhunter - essential

Golden Pharoah - Heavy on my radar, I like the idea of him as a villian more than a hero, plus he needs a cape. I used a Shredder cape from TMNT on my SP Golden Pharoah

Raven - she is ok, should not of been the fan-selecting character

Jemm - Interesting, I am very excited to get him in plastic

Batman (Sinestro) - I love how we are getting a Batman outfit that was only on one page of one comic...lol, still the outfit rocked..can't wait

Starman - This is tough because I like all the outfits, except the 90's grunge dude. I can't think of which versions I like the best. The classic is essential but I like them all. I guess the most recent modern one and the classic are the one's I want.

The classic

250px-Starman_72.jpg

The modern versions I want

84466-13043-starman_large.jpgStar-boy.jpg

I grew up with the below version and i still like it

StarmanVol130TheSedu18476_f.jpg

The following figures were posted on amazon.com as part of wave 15- martian manhunter, raven, batman sinestro corps, starman, jemm, omac, and golden pharaoh...looks like a good wave!

Starman - This is tough because I like all the outfits, except the 90's grunge dude. I can't think of which versions I like the best. The classic is essential but I like them all. I guess the most recent modern one and the classic are the one's I want.

I concur about Jack Knight. The grunge literation does seems out of place but interestingly, he is the most popular version of Starman

Looks like Manhunter will be the only one that I will get.

I concur about Jack Knight. The grunge literation does seems out of place but interestingly, he is the most popular version of Starman

I stopped reading comics while the grunge version was around, never knew he was the most popular. The original is great and of course is the most essential, i wish the classic version would come with multiple hands, I want a fixed rod in his hand. Now i am wondering if they will even include any Starman from Legion, those were the ones I posted as my favorites, too many people, too many costumes, too many eras for one character...lol

I stopped reading comics while the grunge version was around, never knew he was the most popular. The original is great and of course is the most essential, i wish the classic version would come with multiple hands, I want a fixed rod in his hand. Now i am wondering if they will even include any Starman from Legion, those were the ones I posted as my favorites, too many people, too many costumes, too many eras for one character...lol

I have read that the 90s' version is the most popular from various posters so I might be wrong with that statement. A fixed rod would be awsome but in MAttel's eyes, it isn't efficient. If DC made these figures, then I would see them them addin one. I wonder if any caster out there make custom DC universe hands. I think it would be easy for them to do any version from legion as a chase even if they make the 90s' version. I mean, they can throw in a slim dc generic body with a new cape and head

A yellow ring did find its way to batman since he is able to cause great fear but it detected the use ofa green lantern ring & went away before we got to see him in uniform :S I'd much rather see a green lantern batman outfit mix like we got in the dcd line :D

A yellow ring did find its way to batman since he is able to cause great fear but it detected the use ofa green lantern ring & went away before we got to see him in uniform :S I'd much rather see a green lantern batman outfit mix like we got in the dcd line biggrin.gif

We did see him in the uniform, it was in the comic, even Toyfair made a custom from comic.

batman-sinestrocorps.jpg

A yellow ring did find its way to batman since he is able to cause great fear but it detected the use ofa green lantern ring & went away before we got to see him in uniform :S I'd much rather see a green lantern batman outfit mix like we got in the dcd line biggrin.gif

We did see him in the uniform, it was in the comic, even Toyfair made a custom from comic.

batman-sinestrocorps.jpg

I am curious if SC batman will look like that with the incomplete SC logo and in blue or would they make a concept version by givin' him the logo and the common "yellow" outfit

Boy, MATTEL really knows how to recycle "bucks"...

ANOTHER Batman (yippee...)

Martian Manhunter (finally!) and Jemm, who is basically a red Martian Manhunter.

Mattel reuses a buck, gets crapped on. Mattel makes a new buck with additional articulation, gets crapped on.

batman-sinestrocorps.jpg

I am curious if SC batman will look like that with the incomplete SC logo and in blue or would they make a concept version by givin' him the logo and the common "yellow" outfit

Well I'll be damned! That is sweet :)

This had better be SOME CnC because this wave is WEAK!

Martian Manhunter: Like everyone else, I've been waiting for him. I'm expecting his classic look. I have no interest in any alien headed or invisible variants... and don't talk to me of that stupid costume he had the indignity to die in!

Raven: Mattel is all over the place with its Titans so this one is hard to call. I'd like a Perez Titans era Raven but I honestly wouldn't be opposed to the modern one.

Batman Sinestro Corps: I never asked for this but I guess if I saw one and it looked alright, I'd add it to my Sinestro Corps.

Starman: I hope by "Classic" Mattel is referring to the Golden Age Starman because that's really the only want I really want. I wouldn't mind the masked Thom Kallor as the "Modern" variant. Interestingly, he'd mark only the SECOND Kingdom Come figure in this line. I have no interest in Jack Knight and I hope Mattel realizes he would just be a figure of some hipster dork with a goatee and a leather jacket!

Jemm: OOFAHH! I'm an old 80's fan and I was all over the 80's Vigilante but THIS...! This is a WASTE!

Omac: By now, I'm really sorry the Four Horsemen EVER heard of Jack Kirby. Don't want it.

Golden Pharaoh: I'm almost as sick of love letters to the Super Powers line as I am of love letters to Jack Kirby's ghost! Another pass.

Martian Manhunter: Like everyone else, I've been waiting for him. I'm expecting his classic look. I have no interest in any alien headed or invisible variants... and don't talk to me of that stupid costume he had the indignity to die in!

Raven: Mattel is all over the place with its Titans so this one is hard to call. I'd like a Perez Titans era Raven but I honestly wouldn't be opposed to the modern one.

Batman Sinestro Corps: I never asked for this but I guess if I saw one and it looked alright, I'd add it to my Sinestro Corps.

Starman: I hope by "Classic" Mattel is referring to the Golden Age Starman because that's really the only want I really want. I wouldn't mind the masked Thom Kallor as the "Modern" variant. Interestingly, he'd mark only the SECOND Kingdom Come figure in this line. I have no interest in Jack Knight and I hope Mattel realizes he would just be a figure of some hipster dork with a goatee and a leather jacket!

Jemm: OOFAHH! I'm an old 80's fan and I was all over the 80's Vigilante but THIS...! This is a WASTE!

Omac: By now, I'm really sorry the Four Horsemen EVER heard of Jack Kirby. Don't want it.

Golden Pharaoh: I'm almost as sick of love letters to the Super Powers line as I am of love letters to Jack Kirby's ghost! Another pass.

Hey everyone,

I agree with most above. I love Jack Kirby but i'm not spending 17.50 on Kamandi or Omac. I'll consider picking them up for 5.00 when everyone dumps them for the baf part.

If you're getting sick of Super Powers homage, don't worry there's not too much left. However I personally would like to see a new less buff Mr. Freeze, and a riddler in green tights.

I'm making a prediction the baf will be the Manhunter Robot considering the green lantern push this summer.

regards

Joshua

The stand should be coming with the Super Powers figure. I remember reading that Mattel was going to start doing that instead of giving it to the anchor of the wave. Wave 12 shows that with Desaad getting the stand. I really hope they do that as now I can avoid all the Super Powers figures.

Manhunter Robot is, like OMAC, one of the few army builders they could really make, so I doubt they'd make one as a BAF. I'll buy a couple OMACs, but I'd really like about three Manhunters. I think the BAF will be Elasti-girl.

And yeah, Pharaoh comes with the stand just like Steppenwolf, Desaad, Cyclotron, and the LOSH bad guy. Though I guess it could be Martian Manhunter, he was a Superpowers figure too and Pharaoh would probably sell better with a BAF part.

Re: Freeze and Riddler, I'm sure we'll get a Super Powers Freeze sooner or later, but Riddler was never made in that line.

Hey everyone,

I agree with most above. I love Jack Kirby but i'm not spending 17.50 on Kamandi or Omac. I'll consider picking them up for 5.00 when everyone dumps them for the baf part.

I'm wondering what Walmart is going to do with a seventeen dollaR Jemm sitting on its pegs.

If you're getting sick of Super Powers homage, don't worry there's not too much left. However I personally would like to see a new less buff Mr. Freeze, and a riddler in green tights.

Yes. I'm glad we're at the end of the Super Powers tunnel but I would be all over a tribute to the Super Amigos line if it meant getting a tights-wearing Riddler. My jaw would REALLY drop if Mattel really went the homage route and made a Green Tights Riddler by repainting their Green Lantern!

I'm making a prediction the baf will be the Manhunter Robot considering the green lantern push this summer.

regards

Joshua

I'm really curious about this wave's CnC. I don't know about a Manhunter but I'd guess seeing as how light this wave is with villains that the CnC would be a bad guy.

I'm also not recognizing any theme to this wave. It can't really be pegged as a Titans wave or a Green Lantern wave making the CnC even more difficult to call. Could there actually be a Martian Manhunter wave? Might we get a White Martian or a Starro?

Re: Freeze and Riddler, I'm sure we'll get a Super Powers Freeze sooner or later, but Riddler was never made in that line.

Well... he was... sort of...

A Riddler, in fact a cheaply repainted Super Powers Green Lantern, was released in South American markets I believe as part of a Super Amigos action figure line. It's actually become one of the most sought after Holy Grails of Super Powers collectors. I've seen this figure. It's pretty sad looking but it's a Riddler!